Awoo.

Sonic & Co. Fight Eggman's Dreams in Sonic Dream Team, Launching Dec. 5 on Apple Arcade

GX -The Spindash-

1 hour ago, Spooky Gems said:

Here is a render of the new character, Ariem.

image.thumb.png.f096717919d17b76695a386597943c9c.png

Ariem=a Ram lol

• Thumbs Up 3

The good news is this likely means no microtransactions since it’s on Apple Arcade, so I’ll take that win 

other then that, the game looks nice, and the gameplay certainly looks interesting. Prob won’t get it as I don’t care for getting an Apple Arcade subscription, but def looks cool I’d say 

• Thumbs Up 5

Since this is in 3D, I wonder what things Hardliggt might do with this game’s 3D gameplay that they may get right compared to Sonic Team’s efforts?

I mean, I love Sonic Frontiers and its last update, but I have a feeling Sonic Team may want to take notes from Hardlight. Lol

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, sonicclaasic said:

The game looks great but wish It was on Android as well.

As an android user, I agree 

• Nice Smile 1

It certainly looks visually bombastic, but I know next to nothing about Apple Arcade and very little about phone games in general. I understand they tend to be simple due to the restraints of being on a Smartphone creates.

It might not be a game I'll ever be able to play, but noting is ever certain and I don't mind waiting longer anyway.

Wait a second? CREAM?? Holy crap!?

• Thumbs Up 1

When I first heard the rumors about a "mobile game", my mind immediately went to micro transactions, so nice to know that it's not that kind of game. The new sheep design is nice, the environments look colorful and fun, it has music by Tee Lopes, and of course where writing is involved, having Ian Flynn at the helm is promising.

However, I'm going to have to repeat what most others have been saying: The Apple exclusivity thing is lame. It makes sense, sure, but it's still lame.

It being a mobile game instead of on console was already a red flag considering, how the lore Runners had was thrown in the trash bin. However, what really disappoints me is you finally have a new adventure involving dreams canon or not and Illumina is seemingly no where to be found. Instead we get a another oneshot character.

I have Apple Arcade thanks to my Apple One subscription. Too bad others can't play though unless they have an Apple device and an Arcade sub.

But I had Apple One/Arcade for 2 years and only played the SpongeBob game because the other games don't catch my eye...Sonic Dash+ is literally Sonic Dash with no ads/in-app purchases and Sonic Racing title....I have the superior console versions.

So I can see why people are angry with this choice, but for me - at least I'm getting SOMETHING with my Apple One sub that isn't Music and storage.

And Cream! She's back!

• Thumbs Up 2

Really enjoying the look of the game so far! I'm not very familiar with apple arcade stuff but it seems like it won't have micro-transactions which is a big relief despite the exclusivity being lame.

I'm not expecting anything amazing, but from the looks of it the game might have proper physics going on? A little hard to tell but I really hope so at least. (Music's great by the way)

• Thumbs Up 1

Just realised that this game will be compatible with my Mac. I hope it's also compatible with my PS4/5 controller as well. I'd rather play this on my Mac then my iPhone, but I hate using the keyboard to control the game.

Edited by Ming Ming Hatsune
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, an idiot said:

Not that I'm actively trying to complain....but is SEGA just shafting Shadow now? Additionally, where is Omega? I love that guy! Why is Rouge, a character who is known for being a charismatic loner and thief, now in on the happy go lucky hold hands and sing kumbaya friend group? Cream, sure, but Rouge?

I really liked her in SA2, but I feel like she's just here now because...girl. It's a bit disappointing, to say the least. It might be because Tangle and Whisper aren't allowed in the games, and Blaze is in a different dimension(but Knuckles was supposed to be guarding the Emerald for the past 20 some years and that didn't stop him from joy riding in TSR or being in Lost World for....some reason, so why can't Blaze just not attend to her dimension? What are the rules, SEGA?).

If I were to hazard a guess, I would say Rouge is here solely due to the influence of Sonic Prime. Which is somehow canon despite not really making any actual effort to be, thus making several continuity errors and having the characterization be off in the process. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Let me be the next to gush over the pun work in Ariem's name.

She might have the best name is the series, bar none. The most recent Tails alts (Nine and Kitsunami) were pretty good. The franchise is on fire with their names as of late.

On another note..... did Ariem kill Illiumina? Cause I feel like she is taking her place a bit here.

Edited by Sega DogTagz
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Spooky Gems said:

A little preview of the game’s animation.

The more I see Powerhouse's work, the more I want them to do a full-blown 2D animated series for Sonic, ahaha.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, fink said:

This honestly looks like a really fun game. Glad I have an iPhone

RIP Android homies :(

You don't have to have an iPhone, there are other Apple devices capable of interacting with Arcade.

It's those who seethe at Apple products who are the unfortunate ones, and I'd say they aren't to be pitied.

Edited by SolidSurgeTT
  • Unamused 3

Just now, SolidSurgeTT said:

You don't have to have an iPhone, there are other Apple devices capable of interacting with Arcade.

It's those who seethe at Apple products who are the unfortunate ones, and I'd say they aren't to be pitied.

Oh, that's true. I imagine the best way to play this game might be on Apple TV or Mac then, right? 

tbf though I don't blame people who don't go for Apple products. They lowkey do be pretty mad expensive most of the time 😅

Hopefully it'll eventually see a more widespread release (Steam please 🥺)

48 minutes ago, The Swordsman said:

If I were to hazard a guess, I would say Rouge is here solely due to the influence of Sonic Prime. Which is somehow canon despite not really making any actual effort to be, thus making several continuity errors and having the characterization be off in the process. 

Oof, you're probably right. I hate that Prime is canon, it makes no sense. Sonic is almost painfully out of character in that show, and it fits literally nowhere in the timeline. I have no idea why SEGA thinks that alternate universes are a bad idea. They're monumentally more organized than the mess that they just made. It's kind of a slap in the face, to us and to the poor lore team who has to keep track of this dumpster fire.

• Thumbs Up 1

This looks really good ^^ Seems like a lot for a mobile title, I hope it delivers.

So far I just love how vibrant everything looks! The roster is a nice surprise too ^^ Looking forward to seeing more of the new character. Their design is cool ^^

Not sure if I’ll be able to actually play it myself. Will have to wait for more footage to see how the controls work.

I agree that it should be a console game. Hopefully in the future.

• Thumbs Up 5

2 hours ago, KHCast said:

The good news is this likely means no microtransactions since it’s on Apple Arcade, so I’ll take that win 

other then that, the game looks nice, and the gameplay certainly looks interesting. Prob won’t get it as I don’t care for getting an Apple Arcade subscription, but def looks cool I’d say 

Aaaaand I was told it does have microtransactions apparently. Well that sucks. Guess Apple Arcade changed a bit over the years from what I remember it initially being.? Aw

2 hours ago, an idiot said:

Not that I'm actively trying to complain....but is SEGA just shafting Shadow now? Additionally, where is Omega? I love that guy! Why is Rouge, a character who is known for being a charismatic loner and thief, now in on the happy go lucky hold hands and sing kumbaya friend group? Cream, sure, but Rouge?

I really liked her in SA2, but I feel like she's just here now because...girl. It's a bit disappointing, to say the least. It might be because Tangle and Whisper aren't allowed in the games, and Blaze is in a different dimension(but Knuckles was supposed to be guarding the Emerald for the past 20 some years and that didn't stop him from joy riding in TSR or being in Lost World for....some reason, so why can't Blaze just not attend to her dimension? What are the rules, SEGA?).

I agree it's really odd seeing Rouge here, and I personally think it felt just as unfitting in Prime.

But if I had to guess they probably wanted to give each character a female counterpart (Sonic -> Amy, Tails -> Cream, Knuckles -> Rouge). Maybe there's a Heroes sort of thing going on where each character has a type?

• Thumbs Up 1