Awoo.

Sonic & Co. Fight Eggman's Dreams in Sonic Dream Team, Launching Dec. 5 on Apple Arcade

GX -The Spindash-

11 minutes ago, Ratchet25tx said:

Yo who's this?image.thumb.png.1ba29ec677d57a98e95a2c15b40bdea2.png

That ram or goat or something.

Alternate dimension Lanolin! Kidding.

Well, I like her design.

Edited by ShadowForever

1 minute ago, SticksSuperFan14 said:

I feel like it's a sheep, y'know, since people count sheep to help them sleep and this is a dream.

Yea, now that I think of it, it might be.

Just now, ShadowForever said:

Alternate dimension Lanolin! Kidding.

Imagine if it is lol

• Thumbs Up 1

@Knight Terror @FReaKAm I not allowed to look forward to a new Sonic game just because it’s an Apple Arcade exclusive?

Look, I get it. Exclusively is not necessarily a good thing, and I understand that. It sucks that I can’t play the latest Gran Turismo game because I don’t have a PS5 for example, but that’s not an excuse to lob hate at other gamers just because they have something you don’t!

Edited by MGA_Gamer
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • Absolutely 2

Kinda disappointed by the Apple Arcade exclusivity, and I'm starting to think about getting an Apple TV and using Apple Arcade for some of the title there are on it… (it already annoyed me for the Chu Chu Rocket). I suppose it must pay well/be worth it for them to continue making games on the services instead of making it multi-plateform. I hope they reconsider tho, especially as I'm worried about the games being lost forever if ever they are removed from the service.

Now about the game itself, it looks fun, kinda of a "Advance-tiers game" (but in 3D, and in 2023). It'll certainly be kinda short (and be less complex than a full-on 3D title), but might be a fun little adventure, and it's cool having a different type of ambiance in Sonic.

Edited by Kazhnuz
  • Thumbs Up 1

Exclusivity is a good thing, actually.

I won't be able to enjoy this, but Apple funded this game (which is why it's exclusive) and I'm sure the game wouldn't look like this if it wasn't exclusive in the first place for all kinds of reasons.

It looks fantastic. It's the best first look I've ever seen from Modern Sonic. It's pleasantly colorful and has lots of characters that seem to play on the same levels.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Unamused 2

3 minutes ago, JezMM said:

They weren't at all lobbing hate at you because you can play it, they were venting their frustrations that they can't (without unreasonable purchases of devices/subscriptions for a single game, naturally).  It's kind of strange that you'd take personal offense to people criticising a company, they literally said nothing at all against people who are looking forward to it.

Having said that, while it reeks that this is an Apple Arcade Exclusive, it's important to take a step back and remember how the world works - the reason it's Apple Exclusive is because Apple injected money into it.  For this particular title, it's either Apple Exclusive or it doesn't exist at all - take your pick.  And they're only injecting money into it on the assumption that they'll get new customers out of it - which is less likely to happen if they're just nice and let it release on other platforms or say upfront that it's a timed exclusive and people won't have to buy in unless they're patient.

Still shitty, but just pointing it out for the folks who aren't aware that that's the way these things happen.

Sorry. I didn’t mean to offend anyone!

• Fist Bump 1

2 minutes ago, Spooky Gems said:

Here is a render of the new character, Ariem.

image.thumb.png.f096717919d17b76695a386597943c9c.png

Between Trip an this I'm really happy with the recent new characters' look. Really charismatic.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, MGA_Gamer said:

@Knight Terror @FReaKAm I not allowed to look forward to a new Sonic game just because it’s an Apple Arcade exclusive?

Look, I get it. Exclusively is not necessarily a good thing, and I understand that. It sucks that I can’t play the latest Gran Turismo game because I don’t have a PS5 for example, but that’s not an excuse to lob hate at other gamers just because they have something you don’t!

show me where I attacked you personally and said that you can't enjoy a new exclusive sonic game.

Just now, Palas said:

Between Trip a this I'm really happy with the recent new characters' look. Really charismatic.

I know, right? The new character does look really cool!

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, FReaK said:

show me where I attacked you personally and said that you can't enjoy a new exclusive sonic game.

I think I took offence with the reactions that people gave me with that comment more than anything.

Seriously, there needs to be clarification with that “absolutely” reaction. I love Tails and all, but it’s so confusing!

I hope to god SEGA reconsiders this Apple Exclusivity bullshit because this is actually fucking trash.

• Thumbs Up 2

Reminder to everyone in here to keep conversations pointed at the product itself, not at others.

If you feel you're being targeted, send a report and don't egg things on. Just muddies the actual topic.

Feel like the current rough point was a simple miscommunication and overaction so let's move on. Any further posts about it will be burned and actions may be taken.

• Thumbs Up 4

It's great to see Cream again be playable as she's been disrespected as of late with what Team Sonic Racing did not help. Is interesting they selected Rouge instead over Shadow at that, and given the team title we got Team Sonic here, but Team Rose, not so much in being down a member, but then stop to realize Rouge was originally meant to be the power type character for Team Rose for an all-girl team so neat coincidence.

It sounds like this thing is releasing on Mac, does that mean it can be ripped out of Apple's services and run offline? If installing another OS is gonna be what it takes for me to play it, that's better than nothing.

Wow this looks great for a mobile game. Love to have Rouge and Cream playable again! This run-around playstyle is one of my favorite types. If this game does good, I hope it could lead to more games like this outside of Apple exclusive and maybe consoles?

• Thumbs Up 1

Not that I'm actively trying to complain....but is SEGA just shafting Shadow now? Additionally, where is Omega? I love that guy! Why is Rouge, a character who is known for being a charismatic loner and thief, now in on the happy go lucky hold hands and sing kumbaya friend group? Cream, sure, but Rouge?

I really liked her in SA2, but I feel like she's just here now because...girl. It's a bit disappointing, to say the least. It might be because Tangle and Whisper aren't allowed in the games, and Blaze is in a different dimension(but Knuckles was supposed to be guarding the Emerald for the past 20 some years and that didn't stop him from joy riding in TSR or being in Lost World for....some reason, so why can't Blaze just not attend to her dimension? What are the rules, SEGA?).

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks compelling a AAA sonic mobile game seems awesome, I know hardlight have spent a lot of time making this game.

I think it will be a timed exclusive, this will make its way to consoles/steam eventually. But it’s an alright business decision to take the money, plenty of people have bought into the apple ecosystem in the west, conveniently enough they are markets where Sonic sells. Further I’m not an Apple Arcade subscriber but this would at least make me consider subscribing, provided my 12 mini is capable of running the game (if it can run on a mac that would also be pretty cool) But it does invite the usual apple criticisms - but a reminder that top end android phones are about equal with top end apple, at least in Australia.

Edited by Baconjack

1 minute ago, Salamander said:

Haha.  Ariem - REM.  Clever.

Wow, good catch, Salamander! I know without clicking the link that it has to do with sleep.

Taking a deep breath here for a moment to consider the following:

• Pretty much all of Hardlight's Sonic titles have been mobile exclusive - this is basically an extension of that development team working on something far more ambitious, and I think that should be celebrated, frankly. 

• ...on the other hand... it's made by Hardlight, so should we really be excited by this? I think aesthetically it's pleasing but their calibre of Sonic titles are limited to short play mobile experiences like Dash and Jump... oh, and Sonic Racing I suppose. But again that game was... fine. 

• Apple Arcade only is not ideal, but this title likely exists because Apple poured money into it for an exclusive - that's how them apples work. 

• As an Apple product owner I genuinely believe that the Arcade subscription is actually pretty good for what it offers. The price of entry is low and you have access to a large range of games across multiple devices (and I don't always subscribe to the service just FYI). I'm not sure this should be bashed just because we can't gain access to one game - hopefully this will add some value to their service if anything. 

• Consider that this could even end up being a timed exclusive - a multitude of Apple Arcade titles have seen the light of day on other platforms & consoles eventually (Shantae being just one example).

• Sonic games being exclusive to one platform... is not great, but this isn't exactly the first time this has happened (hello, Nintendo) and it surely won't be the last time either.  

• It is amusing that this has the aesthetics that many hoped Frontiers would have (I like how Lost World it looks). However I can't see this title being as content heavy or as focused as Frontiers. So let's not jump too ahead. 

• Is this a focused platforming adventure title? Or is this a game that will have autorunning but in large fields? From the promo I'm suspecting the latter.

Regardless, it looks like this could be pretty fun in short bursts :) 

Edited by Sonicka
  • Thumbs Up 3