Awoo.

Celebrating 23 Years of The Sonic Stadium! Members' Shop Returns! Earn Rings, Collect Cards!

Dreadknux

A long, long time ago....in this galaxy, actually...

I had an account back in 2004. I can't remember for the life of me what I would have called it, probably segasarecool, as that was my email address :D

My buddy, Francisco, was my computer lab partner and more privy to the fan side of Sonic. He set me up with a great account and for some ungodly reason, I remember putting on my profile that I was from France. The things you do when you're a teenager. It was a lot of fun using our free time in computer lab to visit the site and chat with everyone on the forums.

One sad memory I have is unfortunately not understanding how a forum worked at first, and I drew the ire of a moderator by double posting on my own topic. 

All that being said, just glad to be here again :) Count me as a 19 year old member or still under a year here, doesn't matter. This is an awesome place!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

35 minutes ago, Ghelatlishol said:

I had an account back in 2004. I can't remember for the life of me what I would have called it, probably segasarecool, as that was my email address :D

My buddy, Francisco, was my computer lab partner and more privy to the fan side of Sonic. He set me up with a great account and for some ungodly reason, I remember putting on my profile that I was from France. The things you do when you're a teenager. It was a lot of fun using our free time in computer lab to visit the site and chat with everyone on the forums.

One sad memory I have is unfortunately not understanding how a forum worked at first, and I drew the ire of a moderator by double posting on my own topic. 

All that being said, just glad to be here again :) Count me as a 19 year old member or still under a year here, doesn't matter. This is an awesome place!

That's wild!

• Fist Bump 1

4 hours ago, Ghelatlishol said:

Wow that's amazing! Did you have an account on here when it was a phpBB, or when it was an old Invision Board? We went through a whole heap of server crashes and forum platforms back then... 😅

I have been collecting material for an archival project and I remember a user called SegaHead... was that the username you're thinking of?

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm not sure what kind of set up it was...I didn't know too much about that stuff back then (honestly, still don't.) All I can remember is that you used to have a little flag icon denoting country of origin.

I don't remember using the name SegaHead. I might have used segasarecool, crazyfrenchguy312, or angeliclayer, or some other nonsense like that. 😅

Happy birthday Sonic Stadium!!! I joined only this year, but I appreciate your long and fun history! I wish you no looking back, no giving up, no letting go, and keep on running!:super::celebrate::jammin::gofast::char_chao:

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 2

I would browse the site anonymously (I.E. Without an account) during the times when Sonic Forces was leaking and the age of "Old Movie Sonic". Seeing the reactions and how everything happened back then...it felt oddly cathartic knowing I wasn't alone

• Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, Dreadknux said:

Wow that's amazing! Did you have an account on here when it was a phpBB, or when it was an old Invision Board? We went through a whole heap of server crashes and forum platforms back then... 😅

Sounds like "fun":gumball: Lol

• Way Past Cool 1

I haven't been here that long, so I can't really share a memory... but still, congratulations! Running for 23 years is crazy!spacer.png

(By the way, the artist is ghkswkda0s)

Edited by Maria.Sosori
added artist credits since i forgot
  • Thumbs Up 2

I've been using this site to view Sonic news for a while, but never made an account until recently. It's way past cool to have such an awesome community here. Happy anniversary Sonic Stadium, and to many more! 😁:char_chao:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

It is quite great to see how long this place on the internet has lasted. Time really flies, huh?

Happy birthday, Sonic Stadium! Hopefully, it lasts for a long time from now.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

2 hours ago, Maria.Sosori said:

I haven't been here that long, so I can't really share a memory... but still, congratulations! Running for 23 years is crazy!spacer.png

That picture gives me disaster girl vibes

Happy Birthday Sonic Stadium! I know this will sound odd considering this is the social media age but till the site update I was largely a passive observer. But the new site update made it easier to interact, I really appreciate the hard work of the staff! 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, SolidSurgeTT said:

I've been spying on this topic waiting to see what this "surprise" is.

😄 Very soon. I think you'll all like it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

2 hours ago, Knight Terror said:

That picture gives me disaster girl vibes

I also completely forgot to credit the artist:

The artist is ghkswkda0s

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Maria.Sosori said:

I also completely forgot to credit the artist:

The artist is ghkswkda0s

How do you pronounce that lol

• Chuckle 2
  • Confused 1

This dang site basically raised me. I was a freshie in High School when I came across it and joined, it was here when I went to Military School and snuck on using school computers (I think I asked Dreadknux himself to ban me so I wouldn't be tempted to break PC protocol and I went back on it anyway lol), it was here when I graduated and went to college, it was here when I took a year in grad/seminary (and bailed on that), and it was there when I eventually got married, and it's here for me now. Now I just need to wait to have kids who'll grow up and scrape this site for my trash opinions. 🥲

One of my favorite memories here was the Sonic Boom redesign fall-out. I was just jaded enough to look past the insanity and laugh my brains out at the whole thing, and yes, we all survived that saga. I also always liked it when the community got together to collaborate on banner art or music albums (though I could never contribute to that) and it really helped this site feel like a home. 

Cheers!

• Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

This dang site basically raised me. I was a freshie in High School when I came across it and joined, it was here when I went to Military School and snuck on using school computers (I think I asked Dreadknux himself to ban me so I wouldn't be tempted to break PC protocol and I went back on it anyway lol), it was here when I graduated and went to college, it was here when I took a year in grad/seminary (and bailed on that), and it was there when I eventually got married, and it's here for me now. Now I just need to wait to have kids who'll grow up and scrape this site for my trash opinions. 🥲

One of my favorite memories here was the Sonic Boom redesign fall-out. I was just jaded enough to look past the insanity and laugh my brains out at the whole thing, and yes, we all survived that saga. I also always liked it when the community got together to collaborate on banner art or music albums (though I could never contribute to that) and it really helped this site feel like a home. 

Cheers!

What ride that must've been.

I joined around 2004-05, right at the beginning when the franchise and the fandom were entering the dark age with the release of Shadow’s game, and man has this place went through a lot of ups and downs.

The curse is strong with all of us who join it seems, because it amazes me that I’m on this site more than I am Instagram or Facebook.

Sucks that this place went through, what two or three server wipes?

@Dreadknuxwill the feature be here to stay? You said that it was here before, so was it a limited feature? I hope it stays around this time, because it sounds really cool. When I joined a few days ago, I was wondering what that 'My Rings' tab was, haha!

• Thumbs Up 1

But can we gamble our rings for Sonic's secret Chili Dog recipe?

I know it exists, Hedgehog. I fucking

Dang, 23 years? That is some proper time.

When I have the time I like to engage on here as my main forum / home, but that title was originally held by SonicAnime.net which often linked (or affiliated?) with The Sonic Stadium IIRC? So I did scout about here at times waaaaaaaay back in the heyday - but I didn't officially register until about 10 or 11 years ago. 

Saying that, I do once recall interacting with TSS was when I "reported" (and I say this in the extremely loosest of terms) on the very first Sonic Colours review for Wii. I got hold of this thanks to an early UK magazine publication arriving on my door (those were the days, huh?). I wrote down some of the hot points and my thoughts of the review to share online... at SA.net.

But the next thing I knew I was reading the exact same summarised bullet points I'd made of someone else's review on non-sonic / popular news sites and outlets (sorry NGC Magazine, was not my intention)... so that slightly freaked me out. But when I followed the chain of sources it lead me back here to TSS - and it became clear that someone whom frequented both SA.net and TSS simply shared my original post excitedly. Wild times (well, not really - but it felt like it in the heat of the moment lol). 🤣

5 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

...and it's here for me now. Now I just need to wait to have kids who'll grow up and scrape this site for my trash opinions. 🥲

I mean, at the time it feels right to try and indoctrinate your kid with your interests - but yeah... I feel this attempt is also going to massively backfire on me someday soon. XD

• Thumbs Up 1