Awoo.

Your latest collection additions...

Nemain

Wasn't there someone on this site that was posting Sonic manga before the whole Megaupload fiasco? I don't think they ever finished.

Again I didn't get a chance to download

yeah there was something about them having to close because of copyright, I would love to read that manga

My latest collection additions are...

A Sonic plush made by Impact innovations. Won it in a claw machine, spent about 6 pound.

post-3794-0-19520000-1343163306_thumb.jp

Next is the Sonic Energy Drink called "SPEED". Bought one to display and one to drink, it was quite nice actually, the drink itself was blue.

post-3794-0-85346700-1343163417_thumb.jp

Last is some Sonic Chaos Emerald sours. Apple and cherry in the shape of chaos emeralds. I'm yet to try these, so when and if I do, I'll edit my verdict in to this post.

post-3794-0-96626000-1343163719_thumb.jp

So long!

Edited by Debug ring

After countless trips to Tesco to find these, I've finally got them and for a decent price too

29vz40g.png

The Sonic in the image is damaged, but the seller has 2 and assures me I'll get the undamaged one.

Edited by Stasis
  • Thumbs Up 7

Where the hell did you find those!?

And do you have the magazine as we need scans!

The magazine actually got as far as the Chao issue? Bloody hell, I'd heard that there was a Robotnik issue out and a rumor of a tails, but a chao one too!?

• Thumbs Up 1

ebay, and they were listed as "the packaging has water damage" so I'm hoping that means the magazines. Not getting my hopes up though.

Okay, yeah, gotta wonder where they hell they came from. Almost wonder if it's an employee of the company or something.

I mean, I'd heard that a test printing of the first issue circulated, I didn't think they'd have done more than that, though.

Okay, yeah, gotta wonder where they hell they came from. Almost wonder if it's an employee of the company or something.

I mean, I'd heard that a test printing of the first issue circulated, I didn't think they'd have done more than that, though.

There was definately a tails issue which if memory serves was going to be issue 3, reason being is that there was a long time ago an ebay listing for a tails figure. Also some people I know swear that they saw the tails issue when shopping in Leeds one weekend, but didn't pick it up because they assumed it would be available everywhere.

So it stands to reason issue 2 did see release somewhere, only I've never seen the eggman piece until now.

The Chao however, this is the first time I have ever seen it or any suggestion that the magazine had a 4th issue out.

I forgot about that chess set! I didn't know there were some pieces actually made.

Anyway, got this 2 foot tall plush out of a claw game on my vacation for $2. I won it on my first try, and won some pink thing along with it that I gave to the kid behind me. I was lucky, not only did I get double prizes, but the next day every Sonic was at the bottom under some Smurfs they covered them with.biggrin.png

PICT0011-1.jpg

Also, I didn't buy it (Who would want it?), but I saw this in a shop nearby my vacation spot:

PICT0017.jpg

Manic + Silver + Marijuana = Chronic The Hemphog

Edited by a person
  • Thumbs Up 1

Aw man. Sucks that the company that were planning on making these ....went bust? Decided not to? What exactly happened to this product again?

Anyways I didn't think they ever released any of these at all. Guess you picked up a good find Stasis!

Aw man. Sucks that the company that were planning on making these ....went bust? Decided not to? What exactly happened to this product again?

Anyways I didn't think they ever released any of these at all. Guess you picked up a good find Stasis!

Decided not to, which is a real crying shame. I was so looking forward to it.

Those Chaos Emerald candies are not bad! Not really Sweet Tarts level of sour but still. I like them and those other Mario candies. :P

These comics came in the mail today, courtesy of ChaoChao!

004.jpg

Been looking for them forever! Feels so good to have more holes sealed in my comic collection! :D Also I got these wonderful things recently for my other collections.

006-2.jpg

Got 1 more thing coming in the mail and after that I think Imma cool down on the splurging for awhile. x'D

1zd7za1.png

So pretty. <3 Been after these since they came out. Even came with the original sleeve, which just made the price I snagged them for all the more amazing. Best bargain ever.

For those who've never seen them before, they're limited edition pins that were released in 2004 to commemorate Sonic Team merging with SEGA's main branch. A quiz was ran on the site at the time and 2000 people who filled it out received the coloured pin from a random drawing, and another 1000 were eligible for the gold pin if they'd scored over 100 points. The gold pins are also individually numbered (mine is #778):

30jrc05.png

Just so pleased to finally have them. They're easily one of the best things I've ever got.

• Thumbs Up 4

how much did you score these for? and where? i love the gold one the most :D (sucker for SA Sonic)

eBay, and they only went for £68. Was amazed. It's been a long time since I've seen both for sale and last time I did they hit around the £200 mark, so I was expecting to pay MUCH more than I did for them now. Still can't believe no one else bid last minute. Guess they managed to slip under the radar. Always liked the coloured one best, but now that I've actually got them I'm kinda leaning more towards the gold one. Looks so awesome up close. biggrin.png Really is a shame there aren't more SA style pins, because the odd few they have are definitely some of the best.

the SA Pin collection and the Anniversary pins are probably the best pins i've seen from SEGA, they're just so nice to look at!

i think the next best Pins i own is various Zelda metal enamel badges <3

Love the anniversary pins. Just managed to snag the TGS 20th one too not so long ago and it's awesome. The only others I've spotted are these two:

t6z38x.png

The one on the right is one of my favourites and I believe it was something you could send off for from Famitsu magazine. It comes in an SA tin along with a dog tag.

Got the other one a few months ago and almost skimmed over it as I thought it was the Sonic from the SA set on its own, but it turned out to be another pin entirely that was released in 2000 by a "Peter David Inc". Couldn't find any information about it, although the company is known for making licensed sports pins. So with that in mind I'd assume it's an official one. Quite a cool little thing either way.

317bcz9.png

Oh yeah, and Sonic Gear has a photo of this Chao one, although I've never seen it for sale and have no idea where it came from.

2md5izr.jpg

Edited by Lucky

They're individually what!!?

*races to check his*

Oh wow! I never knew they where numbered! Mine is 899!

So pleased these turned up for you and I still can't believe they went for what they did, that's the second epic bargain of the year if our other secret toot turns up *wink wink*

There was a about them on here ages ago and I've been trying to track more down since. Posted a page__st__20#entry364288 myself a while back, but it was only recently that I found a couple of more issues that contained any Sonic stuff. The one I shoved on my Tumblr arrived the other week, but I was just waiting on the other one turning up before I posted them on here. Hoping that might show up in the post tomorrow.

Been meaning to contact Richard Elson for a while and see if he knows anything about them, since I'm 99.9% sure it's his artwork (unfortunately there's no credits on any of them). Just popped into my head earlier that I'd never got around to that, so giving it a go now and hoping he might happen to remember something about them if it was his stuff. I could never find out the dates they ran from and it makes it VERY awkward to track them down - basically all the info known about them is in that old topic. Even contacted the News of the World when they were still around and no one had any idea of what I was on about. Plus they're in the magazines and not the actual papers, so that just makes it all the worse.

Edited by Lucky

I collected these and stuck them on a pin board. I've definitely got them somewhere but I have no idea where. I remember one where Sonic was in Marble Zone and he slides down a slope towards spikes and that was it, 3 panels, but I've never made the connection to Sonic the Comic until now. Who knew :)

Besides the 10th and 20th Anniversary pins, did they ever made the 15th Anniversary logo pins out of curiosity?

Besides the 10th and 20th Anniversary pins, did they ever made the 15th Anniversary logo pins out of curiosity?

Technically yes.

In terms of design, they didn't do ones like the the 10th and 20th, it was more a button style pin badge which came free with some childrens comics, it didn't have a lot of love put into it and was more an advert for Sonic 06 and Sonic Rivals.

It's such a poor pin I've never bothered to seek it out.

It looks like this.

3351401174_ccaf7e0f4b.jpg