Awoo.

Your latest collection additions...

Nemain

This showed up in the mail today.

I still find it shockingly poor service that F4F still havn't posted mine out... but play.com took a week to send me just the one pack.

HNI_0064.jpg

Picked up the earbuds seeing as how mine have gone missing, the Sonic JUVI and the Sonic Colors poster from Toys R Us this arvo.

They're having a "buy 1 get 50% off another" sale on Sonic merchandise (toys, accessories), so pay full price for something and get the next item (equal or less value) for ½ off.

It's the last day they're offering it (that'll teach me to forgo TRU for a couple of weeks)

They're really stepping it up for Xmas, every toy was available apart from the Super Pack.

Picked up the Chaotix pack a couple of weeks ago at a TRU near Disneyland (CA)

I got something new, and it's quite rare as well. I've never seen it before in any collection before and since it looks like a store display I doubt that theres very many of them still out there, certainly not in as good condition as this one is.

It's a pin badge display stand. It actually stands up and is made of high quality cardboard. From the looks of it I'd say it's UK in origin, most of these badge types have been found in the UK and the circle pins had a larger button varient that was for sale in Harrods in London.

However, what makes this find very significant, is that it proves that these pins are all from one set, and not in smaller bundles that I originally believed.

This set is complete as there are no pin holes in the carboard from any missing pins. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the company is still around, or if they are they've greatly changed their business since I can't find any information about "Ace Pins Marketing"

pinboard1.jpg

pinboard2.jpg

Edited by Gnasher

Any chance you could scan the covers at some point? I'd love to see official artwork of Scratch, Grounder, Coconuts and Mama Robotnik!

More Sonic clothing on the horizon! I picked these up the other day, along with a 3-pack of the most comfortable boxer shorts in the world which I can't be bothered to find a picture of right now...

Just discovered that there was a ToysRUs close to my town. A trip there yielded these:

77042116607745069738100.jpg

Sonic the Hedgehog Comic Pack - Espio and Vector

76049116607808403065100.jpg

Sonic the Hedgehog Figure Pack - Dr. Eggman and Metal Sonic

72699116607838403062100.jpg

Sonic the Hedgehog Super Pack - Super Sonic, Super Shadow, and Super Silver

77148116607908403055100.jpg

Sonic the Hedgehog T-Shirt

I got all the StH figures packs I needed! Looks like I won't have to order from TRU.com anymore. Now the wait for more figures begins! The shirt is a nice bonus, too. :D

Gnasher I love that pin display, I actually tried to bid on it after the seller told me they would ship to the US but they still had a blocker on for the US when the time came for me to bid :(

I would say it is extremely rare, like you said likely used as a store display and very likely most of them were thrown out after they stopped carrying the pins, so excellent find!

Look what I got.

sor3.jpg

Cover Art for STC issue 25.

sor6.jpg

Cover art for Sonic the Poster Mag issue 7!

sor11.jpg

First appearence of Skates in a Streets of Rage strip.

sor7.jpg

This one is a bit special, because I don't think it was printed in full, it appeared in a 'next issue' segment but was heavilly edited.

sor15.jpg

I just really like this one.

sor4.jpg

This is probably my favourite page from a Streets of Rage strip, so I'm very happy to have it.

sor2.jpg

And this was a promotional advert that they had in the STC preview issue and Issue 1.

There was a lot more I picked up, but those are some of my favourites.

• Thumbs Up 1

OMG! I can actually post here now! I guess I'd better introduce myself, first. I'm a Sonic collector, like most of you guys. My favorite items are toys and obscure items. My collection isn't too big, but I do have several items that I've never seen anywhere else. And now, for some of my more recent items. These are special because they were sent to me by Sega themselves. What happened was, I won a Team Sonic jacket in their Free Stuff Friday raffle, but Sega forgot to send it over. After two months of waiting, I found a box from Sega on my doorstep, and inside were some extra Sonic gifts in there as an apology. Here's the stuff that was in the box:

DSCF6282.jpg

DSCF6283.jpg

This is the Team Sonic jacket that I won. It was used in a team-building event at SOA, where a small group of employees formed teams and competed in various challenges. There's probably less than 10 of these in existence.

The other contents of the box were surprises to me. Sega told me they would be adding an extra gift, but I wasn't expecting two! First, I found one of these:

2339gg.jpg

It's a Super Sonic fleece cap! It's very warm, and if it were stuffed would make a pretty decent plush. The floppy yellow quills remind me of bananas. :P

promoring.jpg

This next prize is one of my favorites. It's a rubber keychain that was made at the release of Sonic Adventure. I've been after one of these for a while, but they don't show up too often. It's in mint condition, having been stored in some desk drawer at SOA for 10 years. I believe they were made for some kind of promo pack, but I'm not sure exactly where these came from or what you had to do to get one. If anyone has any info on this, feel free to enlighten me.

That Sonic team Jacket Is Sweet

I Want one

But It Says Team Sonic Instead of sonic Team

• Thumbs Up 1

Welcome to the Merch forum! Also, Nice score on the jacket and Fleece Cap! I've tried to win some of the FSF raffles, but I haven't had much luck. That doesn't mean I'm going to quit trying, though! :lol: I have the Sonic, Shadow, and Knuckles Fleece Caps and I know I absolutely HAVE to get a SS one for my collection. Of course, that'll have to wait until I can score that Sonic Quill Hat that was used as a Colors pre-order bonus. Some guys I know all have one and I want to get in on the fun! I'm going to have one heck of a Sonic Hat collection! XD

Anyway, I picked up this awesome shirt at Hot Topic in their Clearance rack:

14925911994636473587610.jpg

I got one of my Colours figures today. It doesn't want to stand up on by itelf so it's leaning against S&K. The Organge Wisp is really small compared to the others but he's the only thing there that can stand up, and the White Wisp is on a mound of blu-tac. When I finally get the other figure I'll either keep it the packet or give it to a friend.

coloursfig.png

Random purchase here. My original copy of 06 is damaged. No biggie, it's not like I really ever want to play it. But in GAME today I saw this pre-owned copy of it in a shiny sleeve. I've never seen or heard of it before (anyone able to tell me about it?) and thought "why not" seeing as it was only £7. The colouring on the sleeve is REALLY dark.

06shiny1.png

And the back:

06shiny2.png

Yeah, that text is hardly any easier to read in real life. Still, it's cool and wasn't expensive.

Edited by Blue Blood

I saw someone with the sleeve version back at SoS 08, myself. I think it was some limited-time thing they did with early copies of the game that had some kind of art cards/ postcards with them, if memory serves. Don't quote me on that though, but I'm sure it came with something extra.

Cool slip cover, even if the game itself is... Sonic '06. B)

The eyes remind me of Zool, seeing as how they seem to be floating on a black background.

Zool.png

Recent items: Ordered Big & Froggy, SASASR Aiai and 10" Sonic in TRU's sale. Also picked up issue 0 of the official Dreamcast Magazine, featuring Sonic on the cover:

dc01r.jpg

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 1

Cool slip cover, even if the game itself is... Sonic '06. B)

The eyes remind me of Zool, seeing as how they seem to be floating on a black background.

Zool.png

Recent items: Ordered Big & Froggy, SASASR Aiai and 10" Sonic in TRU's sale. Also picked up issue 0 of the official Dreamcast Magazine, featuring Sonic on the cover:

dc01r.jpg

You guys are lucky, issue zero of the UK Official Dreamcast Magazine had a woman's face blowing a kiss over a Dreamcast controller and read "Turn me on". D: