Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers Leaks & Spoilers Thread - PLEASE READ OP

Sean

I find it funny that leaks should not be discussed outside of this thread, but Sky Sanctuary being in the game is on the home page of the website

(I'm not criticizing anyway, it's just weird in a funny way)

Zx2NSno.gif

Slightly baffled by the instantaneous way Sonic takes off here. Reminds me a little too much of Lost World... 

• Thumbs Up 1

The cyberspace stages have to be the worst-kept secret in gaming right now.  Takes me back to the old days of SEGA leaking like a sieve.  Perhaps they're slated for reveal in a trailer at the inevitable Nintendo Direct?

• Thumbs Up 2

The annoying thing is that we can't actually know much for certain about Sonic's reaction to player inputs from any of this footage due to confirmation that you can literally alter it across the entire game in the settings menu.

• Thumbs Up 2

This is something I've been meaning to say since the latest videos dropped, but Sonic's movement in Frontiers look closer to Lost World than Forces / Generations imo. You most definitely cannot run in circles as seen in Frontiers in the boost engine without any major adjustments. You can however in LW, which is much tighter (maybe too tight some times).

• Thumbs Up 1

It's an apt comparison. It doesn't have Lost World's awkward acceleration and the parkour is better, judging by the newer footage of how Sonic runs up the tower.

10 minutes ago, Salamander said:

The cyberspace stages have to be the worst-kept secret in gaming right now.  Takes me back to the old days of SEGA leaking like a sieve.  Perhaps they're slated for reveal in a trailer at the inevitable Nintendo Direct?

Actually it is quite possible. It has been rumored that Nintendo Direct is happening on June 29th which is the exact date of cyber space levels embargo ending.

• Thumbs Up 4

I also noticed that the video is by the user who went "I played the game" but gave a bunch of weird non-answers to people who asked "how."

Looking at the footage closer, yeah, Sonic does look like he controls like in the open world. He has the same base running speed and the boost. '

The player almost falls off the rail at one point because they manually jumped instead of regularly jumped, so Sonic still has that tighter air control.

EDIT: I also saw the stamina wheel! You can see it when the player boosts to their death.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

You are if your applying that word (which has criminal consequences mind you)

Where?

Certainly not Japan.

• Thumbs Up 3

That looks more interesting. The player boosts off the platform but was able to catch themselves with a double jump.

The platforms also look spaced so that you might actually have to use Sonic's speed to make the gap, but I'm not sure. Definitely was no dash panel or extra platform to use. 

Just now, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Boy, the things you miss when your internet dies. What's going on?

More videos of the Sky Sanctuary level.

The first is a segment on rails.

The second is a minor platforming segment.

46 minutes ago, Jango said:

This is something I've been meaning to say since the latest videos dropped, but Sonic's movement in Frontiers look closer to Lost World than Forces / Generations imo. You most definitely cannot run in circles as seen in Frontiers in the boost engine without any major adjustments. You can however in LW, which is much tighter (maybe too tight some times).

In Sonic Lost World (HD version), Sonic loses all his momentum when he turns. He only keeps his speed when he is running forward. It doesn't seem to be the case with Sonic Frontiers

Edited by light-gaia
Grammar checking

7 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

More videos of the Sky Sanctuary level.

The first is a segment on rails.

The second is a minor platforming segment.

So it's confirmed Sky Sanctuary?

Lol

• Fist Bump 1

1 minute ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

So it's confirmed Sky Sanctuary?

Lol

Pretty much. Different level design, same theme and location.

• Thumbs Up 3

Not gonna lie, I'm a bit disappointed by this, but I'm not gonna make a big stink about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Tornado said:

Where?

Certainly not Japan.

Long hours might be a point of pride for Japanese workers, but even in Japan you can't not pay your employee's.

Japan does have labor laws. Large companies are required to pay 1.5x salary when you cross the 60+ hours threshold.

I don't know if this is a hot take, but I always thought Lost World Sonic was one of the best controlling he's been in years and it just needed to be adjusted and some other things changed.

• Thumbs Up 9

1 minute ago, PSI Wind said:

I don't know if this is a hot take, but I always thought Lost World Sonic was one of the best controlling he's been in years and it just needed to be adjusted and some other things changed.

I don't think that's a hot take, but more, people don't care enough about Lost World to dispute it.

I do agree, though. I also think Sonic Team almost had the right idea with a run button. Frontiers is closer to the ideal, but I hope for a game where boosting is treated like shifting gears / accelerating instead of a 'press to go fast' button.

1 minute ago, PSI Wind said:

agreed. The parkour system was iffy and needed some tweaking, but I thought his base controls were the best they ever had been - which was necessary considering how hard the game leaned on blocky, mario-style platforming.

I had confidence in making jumps or traversing narrow ledges in LW. Thats more than I can say for any 3D Sonic game.

45 minutes ago, mudhtt said:

Last one 

The bar is extremely low but... the dude had to jump to another platform in one of the first levels of the game.  Already an improvement over Forces....  The guy also says he hadn't completed the level after 1min47 and some other guy took 2min55. Even if they're casual, it's around generations green hill length which is also better than Forces.

• Thumbs Up 1