Awoo.

[DELETED]

LATER BUDDY

This is amazing <3 I really can't express how excited I am that this project is finally happening haha.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll just drop some tips even though you're clearly the superior musician

Try sampling techniques for drums, I know some nice musicians who do that and their drums are epic. I honestly like your drums though so what gives.

I'll be honest, the bass isn't that audible but I can hear it then and now just fine. I actually like it that way because sometimes breaking the rules can give an awesome sound too and I really like your remix so yeah, screw them, you're awesome and I look up to you!

Hope I made you feel better.

Seriously man, if only you were on Windows... Garageband is just bad for me and I really love how you screw its limits and do these stuff!

Edited by Christmas NiGHTS

The drums do seem soft and old. Not the programming really, it definitely brings the variety but the samples. They sound kinda like the old roland SC88 drums. I haven't really messed with garageband since my high school's old imacs but I suppose there's a reason everybody calls it a lacking DAW.

In terms of the bass, and with whatever the guy was talking about, he bring up Sixto. I'm just recalling off my head but Sixto Sounds does 'live-performance' type of guitar based remixes so there's probably some soft of finger or pick bass so that's why he's used to that type of decay. Personally, I think the bass sounds fine. Really to some degree, it's whatever you favor the most.

As for whatever repetition, don't worry about it. I don't hear it, in fact, that's what the original song sounds like. As a caveat, OCRemix has become somewhat of an elitist community where the arrangement of a submission has to be so far off the original tune that it moves on it's own weight and the production has to be outerwordly. One example, if you've ever heard it, a guy called Blitz Lunar over at vgmusic once submitted probably the most amazing rainbow road remix called pentagon path and he submitted it twice. Both times, it was rejected because it was a MIDI; 10s on everything but the production. 

So don't take submission criticism too much into consideration, while the standard is one to strive for, it's not something you base your style on.  Because then you end up sounding like everyone else. My personal opinion, love the remix.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Man I fucking love that Western vibe you caught with that track. Your Herobot 2 stuff is always so kickass - I can't wait for the full album.

• Thumbs Up 1

yay new herobotz.

Pretty cool wolfy.

But still my favourite songs are unmatched :P 

Songs 1,2,3 were awesome. (Anthem Rush, Foxthron Forest and Falconbuff Ascent...wait, am I right?)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Watching that video makes me so sad you have to sell that because you are sooooo good with it. Its got such a nice tone too.

• Thumbs Up 1