Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers Trailer

Wraith

The main complaints about the last two games' art styles is that they looked too cartoony and not detailed enough. This game's art style is realistic and more detailed. I feel like it is very easy to read it as addressing those criticisms, actually?

• Thumbs Up 5

6 minutes ago, KHCast said:

A lot of people criticized generations for being too busy and cluttered with its backgrounds and general aesthetic. 

No they didn't

• Thumbs Up 3

I certainly saw quite a few people in generations topics here talk about generations being overly detailed and that making it distracting and hard to follow characters like classic Sonic 

personally I liked the art direction of Gens, but I definitely saw that line be thrown out enough to it being notable 

49 minutes ago, Wraith said:

No they didn't

Actually, I'm aware that quite a few people did. It was mentioned in pre-release during an interview with Aaron Webber, specifically talking about the area wherein the camera shifts slightly behind Classic Sonic for the first time in Green Hill. And it came up again in plenty of S4E2 reviews, with people saying that they find it much easier to keep track of Sonic there than in Generations. 

I personally don't get where these people were coming from at all, but it was definitely a thing that came up. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Guys, I can't believe but it looks like yet another HUGE legit leak has been found and this one predates every other leak it's freom FREAKIN 2019, and it gussed the name of the islands correctly as Starfall Islands.

Anyways here is the leak:https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/485968964/#q485968964

1574221161711.png

1574223422059.png

BTW this guy has also leaked Mario Odyssey 2 which is just wow.

9 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

I'm surprised. I genuinely never heard that said about Generations.

Sonic Stadium's review:

In fact, I gotta say I personally prefer this even over Sonic Generations visuals which, while gorgeous, can be too highly detailed for its own good and you can easily lose the little blue blur when running at a fuzzy 30 fps in that detailed world.

• Thumbs Up 3

40 minutes ago, FirePheonix said:

Guys, I can't believe but it looks like yet another HUGE legit leak has been found and this one predates every other leak it's freom FREAKIN 2019, and it gussed the name of the islands correctly as Starfall Islands, This is legit and going by this leak we will have Tails and Knuckles playable, I just can't rn this feels like it's going to be my favorite sonic game since..... potentially ever, they just have to execute this right and this could really reinvigorate the franchise.

Anyways here is the leak:https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/485968964/#q485968964

1574221161711.png

1574223422059.png

BTW this guy has also leaked Mario Odyssey 2 which is just wow.

I don't think these describe the same game. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Razule said:

I don't think these describe the same game. 

Yup you are right, I just got too excited and didn't even look at it really in depth, but Concept E is still a legit leak for Frontiers.

• Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Actually, I'm aware that quite a few people did. It was mentioned in pre-release during an interview with Aaron Webber, specifically talking about the area wherein the camera shifts slightly behind Classic Sonic for the first time in Green Hill. And it came up again in plenty of S4E2 reviews, with people saying that they find it much easier to keep track of Sonic there than in Generations. 

I personally don't get where these people were coming from at all, but it was definitely a thing that came up. 

I remember this vividly. People said that about the Classic Sonic levels. I personally didn't had that issue aswell, but it happened indeed. 

14 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

...does this game have a day/night cycle?

The trailer and screenshots show different times of day in what appear to to be the same areas, so it seems likely. Plus BotW has a day/night cycle, so I hope you're ready to fight Stalmotorbugs or whatever. But it's not been officially confirmed yet, nor was it in any of the leaks IIRC.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think we're at a point when there's literally never not going to be Sonic fans who complain about something when it comes to this series. It's been thirty years, we've had multiple generations of fans from across different continuities and mediums. 

So all we can do is sit and watch how this product justifies itself; a change in direction for a series generally is more accepted if it actually performs well. There are still going to be haters regardless of what happens, but they look stupider if they try arguing in the face of overwhelming positivity. 

The only big botw thing I’d say is missing from Frontiers at this point is gonna be weapon durability. Unless they pull some “after running long enough your shoes break” shit lol

• Chuckle 5

Rather interestingly, reactions outside of Sonic fan circles seem to mirror each other. Lot of confusion and uncertainty about this game lol. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Okay now I am really starting to get annoyed by the similarities. 4 Islands, 4 ghost friends probably, 4 titans to fight, open world. The cyberspace stuff must be the dungeons.

• My Emmerdoods 1

Well, let's keep in mind, things may have changed substantially since the pitch. Just because it was pitched as an obvious take on Breath of the Wild doesn't necessarily mean it'll end up being THAT exact. (Although yeah, if it really DOES have Sonic with amnesia, four Titans, etc... wow. Sonic's suffered years of overblown criticism that it was pandering too hard to Mario fans, and Sega has heard your concerns. Sonic will now pander too hard to ZELDA fans instead! :D)

The "what if?" I'm holding onto now is the cyberspace levels, especially given that all the leaks have compared them to Unleashed or Generations. If there are enough of them, and they can stand as replayable high-speed action stages, then the open world stuff can do pretty much whatever it wants to do and I'll happily put up with it. I saw someone (can't remember if it was here) speculate that maybe the reason the open world stuff looks so generic is so it'll contrast the more traditionally Sonic cyberspace stages, and that could be really cool!

But if they're more akin to special stages, where they're all fairly same-y, you're just gonna go in there once to get an emerald, and there's not much to them beyond that... this really might be what makes or breaks the game for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, Razule said:

Amy on the first island, Tails on the second, Knuckles on the third, and.. Eggman on the fourth, because he was betrayed. 

I honestly like the idea of Sonic's friends being the 'ghosts' who'd guide him around to help save them, including just how amusing the idea of Eggman maybe being in need of saving and him just directly talking down to Sonic as some voice in his head while you journey across one of the islands.

Of course don't know if that's exactly happening, like are the voices separate from the friends entirety or could even be the AI of Eggman's mimicking various voice for its own ends, don't know.