Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers (2022) | MT | General Discussion (DO NOT discuss leaks here please)

Dreadknux

I'll admit also...I kinda wish The End had multiple forms. Don't get me wrong, Dark Moon is cool and all, but I was kinda hoping for another more......personal form to fight, if you will.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

I'll admit also...I kinda wish The End had multiple forms. Don't get me wrong, Dark Moon is cool and all, but I was kinda hoping for another more......personal form to fight, if you will.

Yeah, while the moon form wasn't that bad, it would be much better for The End to have multiple forms, given the nature of the entity. It would make more sense to fight it in more forms than just as a moon.

• Thumbs Up 2

• The topic was unpinned
22 hours ago, ShinyGems said:

Yeah, while the moon form wasn't that bad, it would be much better for The End to have multiple forms, given the nature of the entity. It would make more sense to fight it in more forms than just as a moon.

I wonder if something more might be implemented in later updates. Kishimoto's response to feedback on Twitterz and the fact that such has been done previously in Sonic Mania, definitely show it's not impossible.

Say, I have another question...

...if the Chaos Emeralds came from a planet since destroyed, where did the Master Emerald come from? Correct me if I am wrong, but it looked like the Master Emerald was on Earth/Mobius when the Ancients landed, after the Master Emerald seemingly started interfering with the Ancients' navigation system.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, ShinyGems said:

Say, I have another question...

...if the Chaos Emeralds came from a planet since destroyed, where did the Master Emerald come from? Correct me if I am wrong, but it looked like the Master Emerald was on Earth/Mobius when the Ancients landed, after the Master Emerald seemingly started interfering with the Ancients' navigation system.

It could be, ironically enough, that the Master Emerald just happened to be made of materials that counteract the makeup of the chaos emeralds.

Or, maybe it's a meteor chunk of whatever planet the Ancients came from.

• Thumbs Up 4

It's a mystery that may potentially be answered later. The Master Emerald was on Earth potentially well before the Ancients arrived with the Chaos Emeralds since that's what led them there in the first place. It calls into question how long ago it was when that happened, since the Gaia Manuscripts are tens of thousands of years old and the Gaia Temples were made with the Emeralds' use in mind.

• Thumbs Up 4

14 hours ago, ZinogreVolt said:

It's a mystery that may potentially be answered later. The Master Emerald was on Earth potentially well before the Ancients arrived with the Chaos Emeralds since that's what led them there in the first place. It calls into question how long ago it was when that happened, since the Gaia Manuscripts are tens of thousands of years old and the Gaia Temples were made with the Emeralds' use in mind.

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that the Master Emerald had also been flying around in space, before it came to Earth. Could be that it and the Chaos Emeralds were both birthed from either the land of the Ancients, or even a meteorite that landed upon their civilization first.

When the Master Emerald and Chaos Emeralds came to Earth, might've been around the time that Dark Gaia was pulling off some tomfoolery before getting sealed.

Has anybody shared this video of unused QTEs from the Supreme boss fight before? They look genuine, and also unfinished to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, MilesJFox said:

Has anybody shared this video of unused QTEs from the Supreme boss fight before? They look genuine, and also unfinished to me.

I wouldn't be surprised if stuff like this get implemented for Supreme on the Challenge mode DLC update. If only because he won't have the story dictating that we don't go as ham on him as we did with the other Titans.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, about the Master Emerald, however it came to Earth/Mobius, I do hope we find that out where it came from in the new story mode in the third update for Sonic Frontiers. I mean, Knuckles is supposed to be a playable character in this new update, so I think it would be fitting in a way to have the story mode, whatever it may be, have him finding out any secrets of the Master Emeralds. In the prologue animation of this game, he was exploring the ruins of his island to find something new before being transported to the Starfall Islands. I do think they could further build on that in the new story mode they may have.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, MilesJFox said:

This was cut because Kishimoto wasn't happy with how it turned out by the time the game had to be released. It's possible we may see it re-implemented through the updates throughout 2023.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, MilesJFox said:

Interesting. I wonder why Kishimoto did not like those in the end as ZinogreVolt pointed out? I am sure these could have been good QTEs. Oh well, as said before, there are always future updates.

Sonic is suppose to be zipping around the gun shots...but Sonic starts moving while the prompt is still on-screen meaning he'd be obscured.

Defeating the point.

There's a lot of movement in that whole section regardless, they might need a better camera man.

17 hours ago, ShinyGems said:

Interesting. I wonder why Kishimoto did not like those in the end as ZinogreVolt pointed out? I am sure these could have been good QTEs. Oh well, as said before, there are always future updates.

Probably because it looks like shit. The camera choices and animations are so jerky that you can barely tell what's supposed to be happening.

• Thumbs Up 1

The bite and the missing energy blast are just more re-used Giganto assets anyway. Its not like Supreme would have benefited leaning even harder into that territory.

There's a noticeable lack of visual continuity between shots, and it feels like they were storyboarded independent of each other (a problem also present in a few other spots of the game, granted). The general idea around Supreme being so much more agile than the other mechs that the QTEs between him and Sonic is this dance-like back-and-forth is cool, but the choreography here leaves a lot to be desired. I like the idea of tying Supreme back into Giganto in some ways, especially with the fastball they both do on Sonic at the beginning and ending of the game. Hopefully they re-implement and refine it, since Supreme is lacking that wow factor that the other Titans have.

On 1/20/2023 at 5:20 PM, MilesJFox said:

When Kishimoto says that these QTEs were cut, he makes it pretty clear that it's because they were unfinished. That's why the camera angles are poor, there's poor continuity etc. You're looking at something that was clearly an early WIP when it was cut. Kishimoto made the decision to cut these QTEs before they were finished because they were running out of time. It was likely a choice of either taking resources from somewhere else and putting them into the QTEs (which means that said something else would have been cut instead), leaving the blatantly unfinished QTEs in the final build or cutting them. 

If Kishimoto had more time and resources, the QTEs probably would have been finished. And it seems to me that there's every chance that they would have changed a lot in that case. The Supreme fight is clearly based on Giganto, with his unique wings and gun only showing up in cutscenes but not in the actual gameplay. And the entirety of Ouranos is literally just a cut-off piece of Kronos. These cut QTEs just add to the pile of evidence that the latter parts of Frontiers were cut down in late development and re-used assets from elsewhere in the game to ensure that the project would be completed. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, those are unfinished looking QTEs. Kishimoto, even though he did not like how they turned out, still could have made them better if he had the chance to do so. I would love to see refined, finished versions of these QTEs in the game.

9 hours ago, Wraith said:

Probably because it looks like shit. The camera choices and animations are so jerky that you can barely tell what's supposed to be happening.

As the others have said, these are unfinished, and probably would not look like these in the final game. I believe this is one of those "Don't judge an aspect of a game by its prototype/unfinished state" moments, or however that goes. The QTEs we are seeing/have seen are the aspect of the game here. I don't think it is so fair to assume just because they look bad to you, they would actually be put in the final game in that state. I am sure there could have been some refining done before they could actually put them in if they had the chance to do so.

• Thumbs Up 2

Kishimoto was asked if Sonic games will continue in the more mature and serious atmosphere, and also have more involved boss battles like the ones seen in Frontiers. He essentially responded with "it depends on the director".

• Thumbs Up 2

17 minutes ago, ZinogreVolt said:

Kishimoto was asked if Sonic games will continue in the more mature and serious atmosphere, and also have more involved boss battles like the ones seen in Frontiers. He essentially responded with "it depends on the director".

That sounds interesting, even though that means we are probably going to see changes in Sonic games along those lines; not that it is a bad thing, depending on how the directors do the games they may make.

Anyway, I just had a thought; I was listening to Sonic Frontiers music and that got me thinking: In the third update that will come for this game, there will be a new story mode. There will be three additional playable characters, and I wonder if they will be playable outside the new story mode, but the main thing is...

Do you guys think the new story mode will have any new music tracks? I mean, I do see that as unlikely, but what do you all think?

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, ShinyGems said:

Do you guys think the new story mode will have any new music tracks? I mean, I do see that as unlikely, but what do you all think?

Depends on what new content we might get. I'd assume at the very least, we'll get new music for cutscenes that take place in the new story.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, ZinogreVolt said:

This is something I pray to the good lord they do not try to change to drastically. Sega finally struck gold after a near decade in the 3d realm. Hopefully they do not try to go backwards from here. Its like you got gold in your hand. Being both in sales, and brought the game awards do not squander that.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Darkvizardberrytan said:

This is something I pray to the good lord they do not try to change to drastically. Sega finally struck gold after a near decade in the 3d realm. Hopefully they do not try to go backwards from here. Its like you got gold in your hand. Being both in sales, and brought the game awards do not squander that.

For all their issues, SEGA usually direct Sonic Team towards where they think the money is.

The games started veering towards lighter tones when the previous games weren't doing as well.

Hopefully,  with Frontiers being the success it is in both reception and finances, they'll continue on the more balanced path that Frontiers presents.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

For all their issues, SEGA usually direct Sonic Team towards where they think the money is.

The games started veering towards lighter tones when the previous games weren't doing as well.

Hopefully,  with Frontiers being the success it is in both reception and finances, they'll continue on the more balanced path that Frontiers presents.

True but surely after all these years they understand it was not so much the tone such as Shadow and 06 it was cause they were just BAD games (and heck i like 06 for what it SHOULD have been). It was something that bugged me back then. It was like hmm this games not doing well. must be the tone and story, no you rushed out products with what felt like little to no testing just to hit anniversaries and sale dates. 

I have something else to ask...

Do you all think Eggman could have done more in Sonic Frontiers as a villain?

Not that I am actually complaining, but Eggman did very little, if anything that could be considered villainous. Outside of Cyberspace, Sage was doing most of the work, or as it may seem. Still, Eggman was trapped in Cyberspace a lot of the game. I just thought he could have done more as a bad guy in Frontiers.

What do you all think?