Awoo.

Sonic Origins | MT | General Discussion

Ryannumber1gamer
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

PSA: This topic is now exclusively for the general discussion of Sonic Origins.

Any new information or announcements surrounding this game (new patches, substantial comments from developers etc) need to be made in a new, separate topic.

Late June release, so I can expect absolutely no news on Frontiers or anything else until the end of June (like 28 - 30) or even early July? Sega lately seems to only promote one thing at a time and doesn't go with the next one until the actual one is out.

I mean, cool the classic games got revamped and have new features, though I care much more of the actual new games, something I've been waiting for years at this point, and all I have is a bunch of leaks.

I hope for a Sonic Central that shows many things other than Origins, though given Sega's past track record as I said earlier, they'll likely focus only on Origins for a couple of months from now.

3 minutes ago, Iko said:

Late June release, so I can expect absolutely no news on Frontiers or anything else until the end of June (like 28 - 30) or even early July? Sega lately seems to only promote one thing at a time and doesn't go with the next one until the actual one is out.

I mean, cool the classic games got revamped and have new features, though I care much more of the actual new games, something I've been waiting for years at this point, and all I have is a bunch of leaks.

I hope for a Sonic Central that shows many things other than Origins, though given Sega's past track record as I said earlier, they'll likely focus only on Origins for a couple of months from now.

Origins/Frontiers will probably get the same promotional cycle that Mania/Forces had. I think they were showing both at the same time.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, BubbleButt TV said:

Origins/Frontiers will probably get the same promotional cycle that Mania/Forces had. I think they were showing both at the same time.

I hope so, I'm starving for news really.

Anyway I'm sure Origins will be good, with or without Headcannon/Whitehead's involvement, unless they messed up the physics or something like Sonic Genesis GBA, which I hope they didn't. The artwork is great.

21 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

I'm going to anyways, cuz I'm stubborn as hell and I want to hope.

didn't you just say other people were setting themselves up for disappointment

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, TB100 said:
  Hide contents

9DC26D55-C9A1-45F1-A5CB-B1072C8D8E28.thumb.jpeg.2c57d3a2f92fece76c3a75b2b1343ef9.jpeg
Looks like the game got leaked on the AU/NZ PSN store, complete with a description and release date.

These features sound plausible, if this isn't another hoax. I don't expect this "Museum" to be nothing more than a pretty menu, instead of something like Sonic Jam's hub-world. 

New opening and ending animations is awesome, but it doesn't add much in the end. Give us more playable characters like Mania Plus that gave us Mighty and Ray.

2 minutes ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

didn't you just say other people were setting themselves up for disappointment

are people unable to change how they think

11 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

are people unable to change how they think

This is a Sonic forum. None of us are people anymore

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 4

4 minutes ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

This is a Sonic forum. None of us are people anymore

That explains why I have a desire to put birds in robots.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

That explains why I have a desire to put birds in robots.

THEY ARE NOT BIRDS, THEY'RE FLICKIES.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 4

3 minutes ago, Jango said:

And this is Sally Acorn.

spacer.png

/joke

• Chuckle 6

Not that it would happen or anything, but wouldn't it be funny if you could unlock  Knuckles Chaotix or something?

• Thumbs Up 2

Sounds like we’re only getting core genesis plus CD titles, no game gear or Chaotix? Mega Collection is like 20 years old you’d think they could at least match that in content

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Soniman said:

Sounds like we’re only getting core genesis plus CD titles, no game gear or Chaotix? Mega Collection is like 20 years old you’d think they could at least match that in content

To be fair they told us that it will only be the core games from the beginning, so I'm not really disappointed about that. Also we dont know what the unlockables are yet, so anything is in the cards. I wouldn't get my hopes up too high though.

I bet it's something like an unlockable drop dash, spindash for s1 and maybe playable knuckles/tails. I wonder if they did anything more to the graphics instead of increasing the Resolution only. Anyway, I'm excited. Cant wait to platinum this.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Soniman said:

I figure they wanted to focus on primarily updating the main titles over adding more content.

This is the first time they've remastered these games since Sonic Jam after all (No I'm not counting the Taxman ports or Sonic A.I.R. those aren't made in-house)

• Thumbs Up 1

I legit wanted Sonic the Fighters and Sonic R instead of Knuckles Chaotix, but don't worry, we aren't getting either of them lmao

New content is all I'm here for, as well as the best possible version to play these games, S3&K in particular, missions as I suspected. The most hype thing would be playable Amy at this point, and new zones somehow.

The "no lives" thing tied to remastered resolution I'm kinda worried about, but no lives are just a comfort thing anyway so I wouldn't worry too much, for the sake of making everything accessible I would add an option to put highest resolution with lives.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

I figure they wanted to focus on primarily updating the main titles over adding more content.

This is the first time they've remastered these games since Sonic Jam after all (No I'm not counting the Taxman ports or Sonic A.I.R. those aren't made in-house)

A.I.R. also isn't official, and uses a rom, so...

I don't mind Origins only having the numerical games & CD because it sounds like SEGA are focusing on quality over quantity.

It's likely games such as Chaotix, 3D Blast (Saturn), SEGASonic the Hedgehog and Sonic R have never been remastered or released much by SEGA because...they suck, were made on hardware which is difficult to emulate or released on consoles which flopped. So I don't think SEGA would see it as profitable to release them-even just as emulations. Which is a shame because fans (especially new fans) are really missing out on the opportunity to play these "unique" titles on modern hardware and they could really do with being remastered even more than the numerical games due to poor design/poor physics etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

They could (but likely won't) do expansion packs for those games as DLC. Not at all likely, but it'd be pretty neat.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dare I hope that by new opening and ending animations they mean actual animation ala Tyson Hesse? Or will it just end up being new in game scenes like the originals but redone using whatever engine this is running in. I mean still cool, but not as cool as a whole bunch more Mania/Mania Adventures style animations. I'm still kinda hoping for a continuous mode, put the new animations between each game but let you play Sonic through Sonic 3K back to back. Probably would have been mentioned on the write up tho, unless its an unlockable...

1 hour ago, Jango said:

And Flickies are a type of bird.

One thing I don't think anyone's noticed is that they're calling him Doctor Robotnik and not Doctor Eggman. Did the Sonic movies really have that big of an impact?

2 hours ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

And this is Sally Acorn.

spacer.png

/joke

Stick a bow on the head and that really was Sally Acorn in some versions.

• Thumbs Up 2

There's a link to the trailer, but it's currently private. 

You can see screenshots there however, and that UI looks really yummy

ss3_640.webp.5c40f7f700f25f422e572a83da680b12.webpss6_640.webp.2f64d3b36f7dfd23bee58a7bd78d43e5.webp

• Thumbs Up 9