Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Aquaslash

All I can say is, if you guys rip the tripe out of this game if it comes out, you've all lost your minds.

Depends on if it's actually a good game or not ;)

EDIT: And what Flint said about the rose-tint stuff.

Edited by SuperLink

The word HD was thrown around a lot in the interview, which would suggest a PSN and XBLA (and PC?) release. That doesn't necessarily mean there wont be some form of Wii version, though.

Wait...I have to buy this online?

Wow its been 10 years already, now alll i need is to let them announce Sonic Chronicles 2 please, i'am kinda thinkin this is like Sonic 4 all games i consider story wise is

Sonic 1 - 3&Knuckles

Knuckles Chaotix

Sonic CD

Sonic Adventure 1&2

Sonic Heroes

Sonic Advance 1-3

Sonic Battle

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood

now this

Wishful thinking I'd love it if the credit sequence begins and does a 'WATCHMAN' where it shows various events over a span of 20years in 3-4mins imagine a quick snippit of S1 in CG HD

Wait...I have to buy this online?

High-definition means downloadable only? No. Don't be so stupid. So far you have no ground to make any such predictions on.

Edited by Blue Blood

That recent 2D Megaman game didn't have a physical version, I'd assume another more retro-minded project like this will also be download-only.

High-definition means downloadable only? No. Don't be so stupid. So far you have no ground to make any such predictions on.

I was asking because he said that its only available on PSN or XBL which was about to piss me off to no end. He made it seem like there isn't going to be a physical version.

Going to keep saying this- nobody knows right now. No where are the platforms listed, therefore we haven't a clue where this game will pop up.

No one knows anything about anything at this point.

People need to stop getting worked up about things that haven't even been said.

That's not the point. Retro-minded does not mean downloadable. Frankly, we just don't know.

Derrrrp. Of course we don't know for sure, but the Megaman game is a past precedent - as is the recent remake of Bionic Commando - and download-only is becoming an increasing trend. It all depends on the size of the game etc - like you said no one knows for certain but this has a likelier chance of being one than e.g. a new 3D game.

So no. There's no certain info, therefore there's no need to panic yet. But it's an option.

Copypastas are amazing.

Awesome.

However, I guess they will add more characters, dire voice acting and the tranditional monster as the final boss. :(

Maybe Sega is finally realising what people want, but we don't know.

The comments I've read of bringing back "fat" sonic and using sprites aren't what I have in mind. I don't believe things like that make Sonic what sonic use to be about. The Sega Superstars trailers show that you can still pull of the same fangasm of classic sonic in a 3D world without reverting Sonics design.

No, but it's not as if that hasn't been the main advertising point of the series since before it even debuted.

This only begs the questions: Why does Sega need to go back to the very beginning to even move forward? Why do new games have to be as classic as possible to be successful?

I don't find anything wrong with the Classic formula at all nor this game's existence. However, there is something rather peevish about the unobtainable status we have given the Classic games (which in turn makes me fear this game's reception) as well as the subsequent theory that this direction is the absolute best for Sonic. This is mostly because I don't think making this game and others will actually solve any 3D-related problems because, well, it's not a 3D game, nor has a 3D game even tried to copy the Classic's style extensively for reasons that we probably can't imagine. To me, it's like trying to solve the dilemma of taming a rabid tiger by getting a Siamese.

Eh, I dunno. I just feel as if we should have been moved on to bigger and better things at this point in time. I mean, look at Mario-- *shot*

I'll tell you exactly why.

People think a game must be "innovative" in order for something to move forward.

That's OBVIOUSLY not the case for Sonic, because Sonic has been "innovative" since Sonic Adventure. Look at his friggen history -- ALWAYS trying something new.

Some games, like Street Fighter, just benefit from STAYING TRUE to their formula!

Sonic works in 2D, end of story. Thank you, SEGA.

Oh wow... I never thought I'd be seeing this in... Wow.

9-9-09 brought us the greatest stuff to ever come into existence. SEGA... I must say.... We finally got to you, didn't we? Thank you.

2010 is already looking incredible. Other M, Galaxy 2, and now this? Truly, something in the cosmos has triggered a series of awesome events.

Sonic Adventure 1 wasn't 2D, and all races and creeds loved that.

It's just that a 2D Sonic game described as "a return to Sonic's roots" sounds awfully like SEGA's mentality for this game is that they've decided to become a scared kid who's tried to go out and play on his own in the 3D world, but is now deciding to wuss out, throw in the towel, and go back home to Mummy and Daddy Retro on Two Dimension Street because the scary 3D gamer kids keep calling him names.

:/

Oh wow... I never thought I'd be seeing this in... Wow.

9-9-09 brought us the greatest stuff to ever come into existence. SEGA... I must say.... We finally got to you, didn't we? Thank you.

2010 is already looking incredible. Other M, Galaxy 2, and now this? Truly, something in the cosmos has triggered a series of awesome events.

Then you find out Silver Is the main character. I josh, but yes I can't WAIT to see development on this beastie. And whatever happened to Yuji Naka's let's fap? Wasn't anywhere near as popular as Sonic? Figures.

The comments I've read of bringing back "fat" sonic and using sprites aren't what I have in mind. I don't believe things like that make Sonic what sonic use to be about. The Sega Superstars trailers show that you can still pull of the same fangasm of classic sonic in a 3D world without reverting Sonics design.

This this this, and

Sonic also works in 3D. A mix of SA2 and Unleashed (daytime) should be PERFECT. BUt I'm also very happy with this one.

this.

If this game gives people the retro feel they might be hoping for, maybe people will finally lighten up to new-Sonic?

If this game gives people the retro feel they might be hoping for, maybe people will finally lighten up to new-Sonic?

In the same world where an announcement of a new game is received with loads of dread and fear?

In the same world where an announcement of a new game is received with loads of dread and fear?

Well can you really blame them after time and time again of disappointment? I myself think that the games need longer development cycles than this...

I swear more and more people are believing in the Sonic cycle, but I always end up with hope for each and every release anyway.

Edited by SuperLink

I swear, if this game isn't released on Wii (be it as a straightforward, downgraded port or an entirely different version like with Unleashed) I am gonna be quite annoyed. This is looking like the most promising Sonic game in quite a while (in concept alone, obviously we can't fully judge until we get some more details/screens/footage) and it'd be a real shame to miss out, especially as I feel I've stuck by the blue blur throughout his rough patch.

Personally, I think we're going to see an Unleashed situation again here. A "proper", HD version of the game will be on 360 and PS3, and a downgraded or different version of the game will be on Wii (if only for extra sales).

Which is fine by me.

Edited by MK Skillz

Heh, as expected criticism is a sin here. Trying to be funny though, is apparently sacred.

....probably going to get another (incorrect) edit just for saying that.

I'll tell you exactly why.

People think a game must be "innovative" in order for something to move forward.

That's OBVIOUSLY not the case for Sonic, because Sonic has been "innovative" since Sonic Adventure. Look at his friggen history -- ALWAYS trying something new.

Some games, like Street Fighter, just benefit from STAYING TRUE to their formula!

I wouldn't say that Sonic has been innovative just because they toward some new gameplay type in. That's more gimmicky than innovative. Being innovative would be taking a current formula and expanding it, not slapping on fishing, treasure hunting, God of War babies, and whatever else pops in their head.