Awoo.

Sonic Forces - Early 2016 Script Leaked

SaturnWolf

4 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

K'yeh, bullet dodged.

That's always been a concern i've had at the notion of him actually getting to write a game.

Yeah, less informed people would probably have blamed him for Forces' story.

"Screw Ian, he doesn't know anything about Sonic! People should never have wanted him for the games!"

Oof

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Fist Bump 1

Just now, Josh said:

The Ian Flynn stuff is good news because it means it's possible, even likely, that he'll write the next Sonic game.

Hopefully, with nowhere near the level of confusion, meddling, shortcuts, or just plain overambition involved.

• Thumbs Up 1

I take from the "Sonic transforms into Classic Sonic" scene, it's just meant to be Tails' first assuming that it was Modern Sonic that saved him from Chaos, and we're actually seeing his own assumptions fizzle out in front of him, right?

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's his tweet stating the Flynn part was false. That was fast.

I guess this just leaves "AW" and the document itself being actually real and not a dupe Windii themselves got duped with.

• Thumbs Up 3

19 minutes ago, Gotta Go Rational said:

I take from the "Sonic transforms into Classic Sonic" scene, it's just meant to be Tails' first assuming that it was Modern Sonic that saved him from Chaos, and we're actually seeing his own assumptions fizzle out in front of him, right?

Yes. But if that did happen it would look really dumb and hard to understand

6 minutes ago, Bobnik said:

I guess this just leaves "AW" and the document itself being actually real and not a dupe Windii themselves got duped with.

D'oh I guess that's both a good thing and a bad thing

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Good because SEGA isn't quite that incompetent, bad because Ian Flynn isn't any closer to writing a game.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Bobnik said:

Windii just responded to this, too:

So really, who knows. I'd sure love to get some solid answers on this but Sega is very hush hush.

DgAK1h4WsAEk97O.jpg

DgAK4LxX0AIF-CC.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I mean around the same time the Forces comics were hinted at Ian had a "Script Doctor" credit on his site which has since vanished. I'm not sure if it was Forces but it doesn't seem impossible. 

10 hours ago, Bobnik said:

2) Again, from Windii, there were several cells under the label "AW" with some comments by I guess some parts of the script. They're under spoilers.

Hide contents
  • Tails defeats Eggman alone in SA1. Why is he suddenly so weak here? Is it just dramatic effect?
  • Tails and co just let Sonic get captured? Big loophole here.
  • Wait, wha? Silver? Why is he here?
  • Lets not call them Buddy. Sounds childish.
  • Why doesn't Tails remember Generations?
  • "We're going in Hard and Fast" will be the most played line from the game on YouTube out of context
  • UGH! We do this every single time. EVEry SINGLE TIME. Generations end. 06 End. SA2 end. ALL OF THEM. Whyyyyyy (on the "Sonic's friends cheering during the final boss" part)

Now I wonder who this "AW" person might be... /s

Hmm, I'd wonder if the person who wrote in the AW cell is someone at Sonic Team who's sick of everyone's shit. But then again, it has capitalisations that are not available in the Japanese language. So maybe these comments aren't translated, but are actual English comments in the script. So that means there's an English outsider commenting on the script...

AW does make me think Aaron Webber, but who knows who it could be. Regardless, whoever wrote in cell AW is my hero.

27 minutes ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

Hmm, I'd wonder if the person who wrote in the AW cell is someone at Sonic Team who's sick of everyone's shit. But then again, it has capitalisations that are not available in the Japanese language. So maybe these comments aren't translated, but are actual English comments in the script. So that means there's an English outsider commenting on the script...

AW does make me think Aaron Webber, but who knows who it could be. Regardless, whoever wrote in cell AW is my hero.

I would imagine that English localization teams would've had to been on board long beforehand to ensure everything's ready. With that in mind, it could possibly be Aaron who was asked to give his thoughts on the story and read other various details. 

Granted, AW could be anyone, but there's no conclusive evidence one way or the other if it's from SEGA of Japan or SEGA of America.

3 hours ago, DreamSaturn said:

Windii just responded to this, too:

So really, who knows. I'd sure love to get some solid answers on this but Sega is very hush hush.

He could have just not said anything at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, DiamondX said:

Surprised this wasn't already posted:

unknown.png

Tails was actually supposed to die apparently.

As in thinks he's about to die or Elise's kiss die?

Aaron Webber should be a story consultant, correct the errors that the writers make. He knows the games just like us.

3 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Aaron Webber should be a story consultant, correct the errors that the writers make. He knows the games just like us.

As long as he doesn't try to put memes or pop culture references in, I think that could work. 

14 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

As long as he doesn't try to put memes or pop culture references in, I think that could work. 

He asked them why Tails is a bitch in this game, and had them remove the "I'll meet Sonic in heaven" line.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you don't know how Aaron works... He's a fan, he knows.

37 minutes ago, Razule said:

Kinda thought Aaron Webber would be more.. polite while giving criticisms

Honest Critique mode is different than community manager mode. Especially when the thing that you are criticizing upsets you

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

So, somebody posted the entire document on reddit:

It was deleted rather quickly, and the link is now dead, but I was able to open the document on my phone before hand. Proof:

C1F2089D-0447-4ADA-88FE-1FB9A82E9874.thumb.png.2aa73ee0e1d5ddb028ac0372adccb35b.png

I can’t seem to properly save it though, as every time I try to open the document again it takes to a password screen that doesn’t seem to take the password I originally used to open the file. So, it seems like the file will be lost again when my phone decides to randomly clear cookies or something. In the mean time though, here’s what I found:

- There were some funny bits in this script, including Silver repeatedly calling out Knuckles’s attachment to the name “Operation Big Wave”, Vector calling out Tails for not just shutting down the Death Egg’s defenses himself since he was “JUST AT” the Space Port computer anyway, and Vector and Sonic agreeing that they were going overboard with food-based Eggman jokes. These were shot down.

-At one iteration of the script, the characters were going to call Classic Sonic “Alt Sonic”. This decision seemed to make someone unhappy, and it was changed back in the very next iteration.

-The line “None of this is good Vector, that’s why it’s called war”, was on the chopping block, but somebody fought for it and convinced somebody else to keep it in.

I’d write more, but it’s almost 6:30 am where I am, so I’m going to go to sleep. Hopefully my phone’s browser will still have the file open in the morning.

• Thumbs Up 4