Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - Upcoming Sonic Racing Game

Ryannumber1gamer

I would count that as a pretty big suggestion if the focus is the car and nothing else. 

• Thumbs Up 6

9 hours ago, neezTHEhuman said:

The teaser suggests that it's extremely likely this game will be purely a kart racer and I think that will not just be a shame, the transformation mechanic added great visual and game play variety, but will also diminish the commercial impact and critical reception: 'just another Mario Kart clone , pick this up if you don't own a Switch' or words to that effect will be the consensus. If this game is to stand a chance and hopefully secure the future of this up till now successful spin off series it needs to offer something different, it's  to say we can rule out on foot racing so either Sumo will throw in a totally unexpected gimmick or they'll release a generic kart racer in which case the game will sink without a trace.

Unless they go with trying to make a good story mode.

If it's on cars again, I might skip it.

I understand that for the game gear, the hardware must have held it back a lot so cars were easier to animate in Sonic Drift.

I get that not all SEGA Characters are as fast as Sonic, which is why they're all on cars for the All Stars Racing series.

But in a Sonic only racing game in 2018, there's just no excuse to put them on cars unless it was optional. And I'm sick of Sega playing it safe for big budget titles. 

They'll have to work extra extra hard to get me to buy another kart racer.

I doubt they'll do it - or be allowed to do it, rather - but I'm rooting for the game to have a story mode.  I admit that part of my motivation is that it would be quite entertaining if a spin-off racer had a better story than the mainline games.

I've been thinking on a possible name - Sonic Super Speed Racing / Super Sonic Speed Racing. I feel the first more likely, since the Sonic part can fit within the top of the logo with the other two words being brought into one in the same style as Racing.

Anyway, if the transforming feature doesn't return, then yeah - it needs something to keep it distinct-looking from Mario Kart. Since Mario Kart refuses to do a Crash Team/Diddy Kong Racing, I feel this could be the game to do it. There's enough varied areas with Sonic lore to make such a thing work. Obviously you don't want a starting area featuring Green Hill, Seaside Hill, Windy Hill, Leaf Forest, etc. - unless they can all be made visually different from one another. Although, having one of those be the hub - Green Hill - with only one other starting level be a track - Emerald Coast - would work.

I seriously could talk ideas all day. All week even.

What I want it to be:

The gimmick is that is also has on foot racing with the kart mode, specifically for each of the characters and tracks. The cart mode is developed by Sumo Digital and the on foot versions are made by Sonic Team as a collaboration.

Story mode and original enviorments. Treat it more as a Riders sort of deal, where it is different than just a using the old stages

Would be cool if the tracks are more open and they add some sort of Crazy Taxi mode.
Nintendo had Mario takes over the F-zero franchise, might as well have Sonic be the Crazy Taxi 4 we'll never get.
Hey, anything for an excuse to have Eggman be driving around angry customers, fingers twitching on a launch button.

Eh, probably won't happen, but I can dream.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Promotion 1

Sonic: Huh. Eggman. If I get in, take me to where I wanna get and nowhere else.
Eggman: Oh, but of course. I wouldn't dream of doing anything. You're paying me for this, after all. Now where do you want to go?
Sonic: Take me to Tails' Workshop. Pronto.

• Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, DarkRula said:

I've been thinking on a possible name - Sonic Super Speed Racing / Super Sonic Speed Racing. I feel the first more likely, since the Sonic part can fit within the top of the logo with the other two words being brought into one in the same style as Racing.

I was wondering if they might bring "Superstars" back and call it Sonic Superstars Racing. It has more of a ring to it then Sonic All-Stars Racing, at least. It's a shame that Super Sonic Racing was deconfirmed by a reliable source, because that really works (unless a new gimmick is involved in the title; in which in case it makes sense for it to allude to that).

I'd prefer just karts. When I tried playing Transformed with my sister, she'd do fine at first, but whenever planes came into play she'd just lose all control and fall to last place. Karts keep it simple and more accessible, I think.

1 hour ago, Pawn said:

I was wondering if they might bring "Superstars" back and call it Sonic Superstars Racing. It has more of a ring to it then Sonic All-Stars Racing, at least. It's a shame that Super Sonic Racing was deconfirmed by a reliable source, because that really works (unless a new gimmick is involved in the title; in which in case it makes sense for it to allude to that).

Who was the reliable source?

20 minutes ago, Eurisko said:

Who was the reliable source?

One of the ResetEra mods, a games industry analyst known as ZhugeEX. No-one questioned them when they posted that, so I would assume they're well connected like some other mods there.

2 minutes ago, Pawn said:

One of the ResetEra mods. No-one questioned them when they posted that, so I would assume they're well connected like some other mods there.

Hmmm maybe. Super Sonic Racing always seems like a bit of a mouth-full to be honest. My bet is still on it being called Sonic Racing , simple and to the point.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Eurisko said:

Hmmm maybe. Super Sonic Racing always seems like a bit of a mouth-full to be honest. My bet is still on it being called Sonic Racing , simple and to the point.

I edited the post a bit since I couldn't remember who they were before. Considering the last game was called "Sonic and All-stars Racing Transformed", I don't think any title is too big for SEGA's mouths.

• Chuckle 1

11 minutes ago, Pawn said:

I edited the post a bit since I couldn't remember who they were before. Considering the last game was called "Sonic and All-stars Racing Transformed", I don't think any title is too big for SEGA's mouths.

HA!! Thats very true. The emphasis in that logo is obviously on the RACING bit at the bottom but for all we know the rest could be in incredibly small font. ' Super Sonic Superstars All-Star Transformed RACING.

& Knuckles.

I wonder what everyone's super move will be. Super sonic, tails throwing homing mines?

Edited by Kiah

My first reaction was a slight dissapointment and then I thought like, ok, let it be another 'filler' in the franchise. Because possible good 'filler' is definitely better than a bad main game.

This games "R" makes me think about Top Gear 2's 'R" in its name I hope that doesn't mean there taking items out of the game.    

On 3/24/2018 at 1:41 AM, Pawn said:

I'd love for them to bring back and refine the transformed gimmick. While it's a shame we won't see many or any other SEGA characters in the roster this time, the idea of the art department coming up with three different modes for each Sonic character is pretty cool. I think a new gimmick is likely though. I just hope it's as exciting and involving.

The Heroes character types maybe?  Speed,  Power,  and Flight?  Power pepes can punch thru normally inaccessible barriers,  Flight pepes can access higher routes,  and Speed characters benefit from booster pads better than the other 2 types. 

"And tonight on the Wacky Races. Sonic is speeding through the straights, with Tails not far behind. But what's this? Knuckles has just punched his way through some rocks to make a shortcut."

I think if stats were to be a thing, speed characters obviously have the best ground speed. Flight characters won't lose speed while in the air. Power characters have the most armour [or at least are usually heavier].