Awoo.

Mario Bros. Animated Movie Coming from Illumination

DaddlerTheDalek

5 hours ago, DaBigJ said:

SUPER SHOW REPRESENTATION IN 2023 HELL YEAH.

I squealed like a dad gum GIRL when I heard this. I always hoped against hope that the movie would reference Super Show, but I always figured it was just a pipe (ha) dream. But they did it. The MAD LADS ACTUALLY DID IT

I absolutely love the inclusion of the Super Show rap in the plumbing commercial.

My ideal Mario Bros. have always been these blue-collar plumbers from Brooklyn, so I'm really happy that the movie is really leaning in to that depiction of the characters.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/10/2022 at 3:09 AM, Thigolf said:

I still dislike Pratt for Mario and I doubt this will go completely away, but other than that (and considering I can just avoid this by watching it in my native language)... everything about the movie sits so freaking right with me. 

At the end of the day, I think the "Chris Pratt" issue will be just a minor speed bump. The rest of the movie is looking real good so far, that should more than compensate for any minor voiceover thing with Pratt. I don't think this is on the same level as the "ugly sonic" saga we got with the first Sonic movie.

I'm loving all the marketing. I definitely am sure this will be a great one. April for me is looking packed with this and a few other things.

The infamous blue shell is even in the movie, lmao.

Anyway, I'm surprised they announced it so many days before.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd say there's a lot more universal appeal for Mario, so I could see this doing better than the two Sonics.