Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

It would've been perfectly acceptable if they just kept calling Infinity Jackal the "Masked Prick"...I totally would be okay with that.

• Chuckle 2

1 hour ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

I'm glad I got to see a part of Infinite's face (the yellow eye).

They showed full face in comic

12 hours ago, JezMM said:

They're not a rando, Knuckles is aware of and mentions that they survived an encounter with Infinite, which of course we see in flashback form a few cut-scenes later.

...It's one of those super vague moments though where I felt the original cut-scene didn't imply Infinite KILLED the other people present, but Knuckles' dialogue does, so.

That’s funny, because I knew straightaway that those civilians were blown up/killed by Infinite even without it being directly hinted at in the cutscene. Maybe it was Infinite’s dialogue and the Avatar being scared out of their wits...but that could just be me. XD

2 hours ago, Meta77 said:

They showed full face in comic

Still really weird that they decided it wasn't worth showing in the game itself.

52 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

They were killed...it looked like they just fell over from the explosion that wasn't even on top of them.

peopledie.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 3

3 minutes ago, Dantemustdie00 said:

Someone plz explain to me how the heck Green Hill went from a small area on a island to a giant region on the main land?

Meta gag on its overuse. See, they’re making the meta-humor agree with us now, rather than fixing it! 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Dantemustdie00 said:

Someone plz explain to me how the heck Green Hill went from a small area on a island to a giant region on the main land?

The same way Classic Sonic was once a younger version of Sonic and is now Earth 2 Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Dantemustdie00 said:

I was just about to ask that..

Um... modern dimension! Green Hill's just always been on a continent in Modern Sonic's world. I don't get why the locations on this planet are so damn big tho, why is City the size of a small country?

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

The same way Classic Sonic was once a younger version of Sonic and is now Earth 2 Sonic.

Or.. is Modern Sonic Earth-2..?

19 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Meta gag on its overuse. See, they’re making the meta-humor agree with us now, rather than fixing it! 

So, like with the Boom writers. 

47 minutes ago, Dantemustdie00 said:

Considering how spaced apart some of the stage icons are in each zone, it's not unreasonable to suggest that the landmass that Forces takes place on is SIGNIFICANTLY smaller than the scale of the globe effect implies it to be.  While I am 99.9% sure the developers just didn't think about it and don't care about geography consistency (and as Diogenes said, when have they ever?), it isn't a stretch of a fan theory to suggest that Forces takes place on South Island again.  If you really wanted to be a nerd about it (and I for one absolutely do), you could even suggest that Mystic Jungle is the same location as Jungle from the 8-bit version of Sonic 1, or that Metropolis was the city in the background of Scrap Brain (or was rebuilt on Scrap Brain's ruins, etc).

Of course, on the map, Chemical Plant is built across all those small islands to the north-west, so one would have to assume that is a newly built location rather than the original on Westside Island (after all, it's in an icy region with clearly no city in the background).

All the above is fanon, but maybe some people would enjoy embracing it for their own amusement too.  The canon answer is of course "Sonic Team didn't care".

Of course, the idea that Forces takes place entirely on South Island harms the whole idea of Eggman's global domination but it's not like a game with only seven zones, only three of which display Eggman's influence, had much going for it in that regard to begin with.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

Apparently the interview (that said Forces was only really developed for a year) translated by Google Translate was inaccurate.

Game development began three years ago, but actual production started one year ago, which is normal.

On 13/11/2017 at 1:23 PM, Patron said:

All four DLCs are technically preorder bonuses, but for one reason or another they were free, so you could still get them after the launch. Three are permanently gone and one's remaining for now.

Yeah, damn wish I knew. At least I snagged the persona costume. Wish I got Episode Shadow.

1 hour ago, Diogenes said:

It's not like the geography of Sonic's world has ever been consistent from game to game.

No, no it hasn't.

Plus, normal locations have gotta be huge as fuck in order for Sonic to juice across them in roughly eight minutes at most.

10 hours ago, Dannymax440 said:

Aside from a few dialogue changes, most of the lines and jokes are the same as the English version.

That's a real pity when they did an excellent making Colours actually a fun script and better story out of the same cloth.

I'm glad there was at least a semblance of showing Sonic was lonely in captivity when the torture thing was thrown aside in both stories.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 02/11/2017 at 9:48 PM, Razule said:

He already said his piece on it.

Really odd he didn't know about it. 'Course, Forces shows Generations is canon, too, so he was incorrect about that.

Nothing I said, you know, years ago, is future proof. However one thing will always hold true: Sonic Team can change their minds. An oft skipped over fact I mentioned right in the beginning when I made the mistake of answering canon questions on the SEGA forum way back when. 

Canon is whatever Sonic Team want at any given moment. It is play-doh, farted out through whatever game shaped hole that is designed. Canon is utterly worthless at this point, with the characters having any kind of overarching development in Sonic games being a storytelling trait long dead.  So it is kind of pointless even caring about it. 

Also if Generations is canon thanks to Forces 1) that's stupid and 2) that's really f***ing stupid.

Which probably means it is.

• Thumbs Up 5

I dunno if this has been asked already, but if the Phantom Ruby is a gem that creates illusions, does that mean the HBH weren't actually real and just apart of an illusionary world the Phantom Ruby created?

I swear this game is as broken as 06. I am reconsidering its potential, glitching 06 was pretty fun.

Also, why is the falling animation composed of just one frame?

Oh and one thing that really bugs me, I don't know if anyone noticed, but when you stomp, the impact sound plays as soon as you do the action, not when you land.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

I swear this game is as broken as 06. I am reconsidering its potential, glitching 06 was pretty fun.

Also, why is the falling animation composed of just one frame?

Oh and one thing that really bugs me, I don't know if anyone noticed, but when you stomp, the impact sound plays as soon as you do the action, not when you land.

I mean, these glitches clearly require some experimentation and setup to get to work judging by how carefully the player positions themselves before performing them.  I've clocked over 24 hours on the game and not encountered anything major or consistent through regular play.  (Classic Sonic has inconsistenty caught himself on geometry now and then, causing me to fail going up a ramp or something, but yeah, it's always been a freak thing).  It's not anywhere close to 2006 level, in terms of glitches it seems fairly on par with most modern Sonic games really.

With a few rare exceptions, that fall animation is just for after Sonic uncurls from a homing attack, you don't normally see it for more than half a second.

...But yeah that stomping sfx mistake is really dumb.

Yea that's a glitch you have to actually have to force. I'm more than 50 hours in and not one bugged thing.  to even try and bring up 06 had me rolling