Awoo.

Sonic Forces demo- Green Hill (Modern Sonic gameplay)

HedgehogBR

1 minute ago, TCB said:

I do want to wait til I can sit down and play this to gauge the controls for myself...

I do like the Boost formula to an enjoyable extent...

but if it's going to boil down to it being this linear, then boy this tweet says a lot.

And for what it's worth here, you went past the 4th red ring. Despite the time limit, you're playing virtually the entire stage.

• Thumbs Up 5

3 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Oh dear God 

My two and a half year-old nephew could beat this stage. Just hold down one button. Lmao! 

• Thumbs Up 1

The time limit is not doing this demo any favors either. We now know for a fact that the level does branch out into alternate routes and paths,  but you don't even get to that part thanks to the limit. Ugh.

1 minute ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Someone managed to explore one of the alternate routes in modern sonic’s Stage.

Speak of the devil.  :U

• Thumbs Up 2

Omfg the music had me in tears.

Has there ever been a stage like that in a Sonic game? One where all you have to do is press one button and you beat the stage within minutes? Cos that is AWFUL! 

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

I love how you don't even actually get to run along the wall, its just scripted so that you get the red ring while looking cool in the process. What the heck happened to the dev team for this game? These are all things that they've done better before.

• Thumbs Up 3

• The topic was locked
4 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Well, there's the fifth red star ring, so the level's bound to end shortly after this. So we've seen basically the entire stage.

And it's fucking nothing.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, Gabz Girl said:

One where all you have to do is press one button and you beat the stage within minutes?

Well not the entire stage,  but a section of it. Not that it excuses such. 

So I played this.

+switch version looks and runs nice. you'll PROBABLY be fine if you get this version.
+it's kinda fun to try and speed run it, though all the automation takes a lot of that away

-this is like the worst boost sonic has ever controlled. he feels really binary like he has 3 speeds.
-classic is fucked up but we knew that
-custom character is just clunkier boost sonic. The weapons are easy to use while moving around aside from the hammer which I'm not sure of why it's there.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just played it. It was great. Sure, the level design might not be the best (and if I say that it's a tutorial level you guys will jump on  me) but just the idea of playing Sonic again is great. The boost is great, the homing attack. Everything. The music is great too.

The visuals might not be the best, but I'm not planning on playing the Switch version.

Hype increases!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 2

I fucking loved it.  the stage music is not my favorite but loving the feel but way to short as I figured. Still excited for it. Granted the switch will be the 3rd version of get.....probably 4th honestly

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Nuggets said:

I don't get it

the budget is higher, they had 4 years to design these levels 

I just don't understand how 4 years worth of money, time and effort went into a game consisting of 2 minute levels that are nothing but straight lines and 2D sections 

I just really can't comprehend how the level design took such a hit 

it's so...bad

Uhhhhh there’s no WAY in hell this game was made with a big budget! As for the four year development time, there’s a possibility they were working on a prototype and then after SLW and RoL’s critical and commercial failure they took a step back to the safe zone of Boost gameplay, Classic Sonic and fan pandering. 

Like Sonic Generations! Except worse. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 2

3 hours ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

There's most probably some spoiler at the end of the stage.

Then why didn't they just add a Goal Ring at some other place...

Like the Kingdom Valley Demo for 06...

• Thumbs Up 7

4 minutes ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

and if I say that it's a tutorial level you guys will jump on  me) 

So what's sunset heights modern?

Oh, this demo was too cool! Everything played great, except for a little slipperiness in the 2.5D part of Space Port. Other than that, everything played, sounded, and looked awesome!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1

Most probably the second stage. Since Tails tells Sonic to come to the city.

This is clearly the first stage for Modern, based on both story and the "?" parts which explain every move.

• Thumbs Up 2