Awoo.

Sonic Forces demo- Green Hill (Modern Sonic gameplay)

HedgehogBR

6 minutes ago, KHCast said:

If your lover invests in a business where you sell socks and sandwhiches together

This is the most hilarious combination of random things that I've heard someone put together in quite a while and I'm kinda curious as to why you chose those two things specifically.

Though, thinking about it, the combination of socks and sandwiches in a single store would probably do well only with young college students (and no one else at all) since they tend to end up needing lots of both.

That actually makes your comparison work even better since it does a good job of representing how the Sonic games that put random ideas together like this game and Lost World only fits the needs of a smaller group of fans. Your comparison is even deeper than you thought!

Well, that, or I'm looking too deeply into it because I really liked that line, but hey. ¦D

8 minutes ago, Razule said:

Critics generally aren't Sonic fans. 

I don't know any critics  I meant sonic fans on the sonic fb and Twitter and on the sonic yt page excited for this game in everyway.

But regardless I'm not going to change minds on this thread. I'll leave that to my status post or inbox haha

2 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

The last time Sonic Team took a break from releasing Sonic games for four years, we got this:

latest?cb=20170613191100

They started development right after the last game as always though, and while things likely changed drastically at some point (I seem to remember some insider info indicating we were going to get something new, not back to boost?), they were still working on Sonic nonstop.

805312ea9596989d0149716cfde51339.png

I hate that this makes it look like I'm the one who said that... XP @KHCast

• Chuckle 1

34 minutes ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

I said "may". It's obvious these are early stages. Of course the game will start simple.

No Sonic game has ever started as simple as this one, other than perhaps Sonic Colours (before you unlock the Laser Wisp, the first two acts have very little going on in them).  Even Windmill Isle Act 1 had a non-scripted ramp that required you to boost to get over a body of water, a mandatory homing attack and spikes to avoid on the first quick-step section.  And that was the most tutorial-ass tutorial stage we've ever had in a main 3D Sonic game.  Why does it need to be this simple?

26 minutes ago, Jack the Rookie said:

Is this what your eyes see? It's objective then, I could make a similar argument to Odyssey, that everything looks so big and empty, and you are doing a whole lot of nothing in the stages, besides using the hat gimmicks.

What are you doing in any of the screenshots you shared other than holding forward and the boost button?  What is interesting about that gameplay to you?  I love Unleashed and Generations, but the reason they're fun is that the simple sections are broken up by interesting platforming challenges and hazards.  Where are those in these stages?

And I don't want any "these are just the first stages", because both Unleashed and Generations had platforming and hazards in their first stages.

Even if we say "the rest of the game might be better" that doesn't excuse the fact that it's starting out crappy when Unleashed and Generations didn't.

• Thumbs Up 6

10 minutes ago, Razule said:

Critics generally aren't Sonic fans. 

I don't know any critics  I meant sonic fans on the sonic fb and Twitter and on the sonic yt page excited for this game in everyway.

But regardless I'm not going to change minds on this thread. I'll leave that to my status post or inbox haha

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Celestia said:

They started development right after the last game as always though, and while things likely changed drastically at some point (I seem to remember some insider info indicating we were going to get something new, not back to boost?), they were still working on Sonic nonstop.

I was only joking. But yeah, totally agree with you. Even if they don't take a complete break from Sonic, they need to take everything they're doing in regards to designing and building a game right back to square one. 

• Thumbs Up 6

I am almost speechless.

/jk I have something to say.

First of all, it has been confirmed that Green Hill is the first stage in the city, or that at the very least it appears before City Heights.

So, first of all.

"b-but City Heights has nothing going on in the whole stage 'cause it's a tutorial, Generations was like that too"

How does that hold up now?

Second of all, Green Hill looks like the first stage in the game, it's simple, completely automated and there's literally nothing going on, it's so uninteresting that it hurts. It literally requires just a couple of jumps, the "alternate paths" are automated, it all boils down to a big, long cutscene with QTE prompts here and there.

This is not what Sonic is meant to be, this is unacceptable.

Third point:

Space Port is supposed to be what, the third zone in the game? And it still looks that easy, boring and uninteresting?

That's to disprove everyone's argument here that "it's just the first stage". It's not. And we've been saying that for months.

That said, I do want it to fail, 'cause Sonic Team needs a clear message that people ain't there for this stuff. It needs to bomb so that the next game can have a shot at being decent. At least decent.

• Thumbs Up 7

Geesh, the demo doesn’t even let you finish any level? Usually demos let you play through at least one full level.

Once again, America does nothing to promote this game. Strange, since it comes out in America first.

At least the game seems to run smoother on Switch than expected.

• Thumbs Up 3

21 minutes ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

These "I want Forces to fail" comments are becoming really anmoying.

If you want Forces to fail, very well, but you know it won't. If you check any place rather than SSMB, you will know tons of people like the game.

I'm just letting you know right now that the amount of people that say they're looking forward to this on various other sites won't really represent the actual sales of the game. 

I'm already getting that sensation I feel the final game will give me once I'm done with it.  I want to go back and play it again but I know there's nothing new to experience.

And I only played each stage about 4 or 5 times.

I feel I could play the first minute of each level in the old Mania demos more than that and still find something new every time.

• Thumbs Up 3

13 minutes ago, Zippo said:

All I'm going to say is...The leak/Spoilers thread that's likely going up next week is going to be incredible.

The crazy shit I've heard in my discord chat cannot be real.

wait what

WHAT

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Indigo Rush said:

This looks awful. 

I'm so tired of Sonic being mediocre, guys. Mania was so good, this is like whiplash.

I totally agree. In fact, how much defenders we have there still ? 10% ? Less ?

1 hour ago, Diogenes said:

Well, there's the fifth red star ring, so the level's bound to end shortly after this. So we've seen basically the entire stage.

And it's fucking nothing.

There's probably gonna be some automated worm chase sequence. It would surprise me if there wasnt.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

So if this is the tutorial stage then what's Sunset Heights' excuse for sucking equally badly?

It's worth mentioning that Generations, Colors, and Lost World did not have dedicated tutorial stages, and Unleashed gave us one and then a proper act in Windmill Isle.

3DS Lost World had A designated Tutorial stage.

15 minutes ago, Zippo said:

All I'm going to say is...The leak/Spoilers thread that's likely going up next week is going to be incredible.

The crazy shit I've heard in my discord chat cannot be real.

pics or you're lying?

I'm super curious to know though. This game has got me all *MJ eats popcorn* in anticipation of the reactions and sales numbers.

• Thumbs Up 3

This isn't and will never be mania no idea why people go to it. One's a 2d straight platformer ones a 3d with 2d segments tosessed in for who knows whatever reason cause Segas scared to go full 3d only again I guess. But besides wanting to see a 3d game get more praise than hate is the Only thing is want copied from mania sucess

Oh neat, a demo of Forces, wonder what's in it!

>timed to one minute

>first minute of Modern GHZ is automated.

>Not released in other countries yet

>Makes Gens and Unleashed's tutorial levels look like final levels unless it picks up heavily.

jzc9UkS.gif

"Sigh"

• Thumbs Up 7

6 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

Inb4 "you can't judge it 'cause it's just a demo".

It was just a teaser at first.

Then it was just 30 seconds of gameplay.

Then it was just two stages.

Then it was just 6 stages.

Then it's just a demo. I wonder if I can judge it on the 7th of November :upside_down:

No, no, no, are you insane?

You can't judge this game until you 100% and are good enough to crack the top 50 on speedrun.com.

What a silly thought, you.

/s

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 3