Awoo.

Sonic Forces demo- Green Hill (Modern Sonic gameplay)

HedgehogBR

9 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

I'm just letting you know right now that the amount of people that say they're looking forward to this on various other sites won't really represent the actual sales of the game. 

Agreed 06 was a mess but it still hit in the millions

Only real positive are that people's impressions are that the demo performs well, so maybe the Switch version won't turn out to be a mess after all. (Unless Sonic Team pulled a Sonic 2006 / Aliens: CM and made a demo that's more functional than the final game...)

The impressions so far about the rest of the game / demo are lining up with what I've expected out of Forces otherwise, honestly. Controls, level design, and overall gameplay are pretty toss.

As for the time limit, I think @Diogenes put it best when the Sonic 4: Episode II demo went live and it had a two-minute time limit for White Park:

Hahaha

Can't let people play the demo too long

They might realize the game sucks

Bonus pic (credit to Glaber from Retro for making this):

DM_9u-5UMAAtrQe.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 2

21 minutes ago, Zippo said:

All I'm going to say is...The leak/Spoilers thread that's likely going up next week is going to be incredible.

The crazy shit I've heard in my discord chat cannot be real.

You can't be saying shit like that and not telling a brother

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 6

Straight line zone? Dang Green Hill looks uninteresting. I don't care if it's the first or the second zone, we've had better. This is pathetic.

• Thumbs Up 5

2 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Another proof that game can sell a lot even if there is like nothing in. Forces as 06. :D 

Yeah, I got nothing to say. 

blah blah forces isn't a game blah blah, blah blah straight hill zone, blah blah same crap.

I'm not defending this btw, I just think you people are being broken records at this point.

So yeah, pretty linear even compared to the average Boost game, at least it's pretty and Green Hill's decay has giant worms growing so that's cool.

Hopefully after the game's release, they'll have an explanation on why it's designed this way, even though it ain't justified.

4 years leading to pretty stale gameplay, wierd company.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

Inb4 "you can't judge it 'cause it's just a demo".

It was just a teaser at first.

Then it was just 30 seconds of gameplay.

Then it was just two stages.

Then it was just 6 stages.

Then it's just a demo. I wonder if I can judge it on the 7th of November :upside_down:

Oh my God seriously I complained about the length of the demo on twitter then somebody replied that it's to give a taste of the gameplay without spoiling the entire level...I just can't right now

4 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

I think @Yeow can posted multiple times that 06 really didn't sell as well as most ppl made it out to be

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Chuckle 1

8 minutes ago, UpCDownCLeftCRightC said:

This isn't and will never be mania no idea why people go to it. One's a 2d straight platformer ones a 3d with 2d segments tosessed in for who knows whatever reason cause Segas scared to go full 3d only again I guess. But besides wanting to see a 3d game get more praise than hate is the Only thing is want copied from mania sucess

Yet comparing forces to Mario Odyssey is fucking a ok

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 1

7 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

Watch this literally be the new 06 on release

I wouldn't go that far. Sonic 06 was just ab buggy, glitchy mess of a game. Sonic Forces on the other hand has more of a problem that it is just way to.... bland for an AAA-Sonic title.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Dejimon11 said:

Oh my God seriously I complained about the length of the demo on twitter then somebody replied that it's to give a taste of the gameplay without spoiling the entire level...I just can't right now

I think @Yeow can posted multiple times that 06 really didn't sell as well as most ppl made it out to be

Going by official numbers it's still in millions. Regardless if a full success to some

If they have Sonic riding one of the worms in the full level.

I'll be satisfied.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, KHCast said:

No it's not but both share open stages to a extent. Mario's is just more fun atm from what I've played

3 minutes ago, superman43 said:

Another proof that game can sell a lot even if there is like nothing in. Forces as 06. :D 

I don't think Sonic '06 sold that well, especially compared to previous entries. Not as poorly as Boom or Lost World but definitely not great. I forget where the accurate sales #s sit but that's my knowledge of it.

The damage from '06 has had a lasting effect on this franchise. If Forces is reviewed anywhere near that badly, this game will struggle to crack Lost World's numbers. You can bet your house on that.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Swing said:

I wouldn't go that far. Sonic 06 was just ab buggy, glitchy mess of a game. Sonic Forces on the other hand has more of a problem that it is just way to.... bland for an AAA-Sonic title.

The only times the "it's not out yet you can't say that" argument is valid is in relation to glitches. Let's see what happens.

And Sonic 06's issues weren't just glitches and loading times. It was filled with dumb design decisions. So is Forces, that's where my comment stems from.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, HedgehogBR said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spagonia was an awesome stage, but very linear too....

But it wasn’t Boost2Win.

1 hour ago, GuyWithThePie said:

Literally Boost2Win. Speaking of which...

Reminder that this game, which was released nearly a decade ago, requires more player input than the one that's about to release in two weeks.

I can say that I'm far more interested in the story than gameplay... I guess story is more important to me than gameplay in general though.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Creep Dude said:

I'm not defending this btw, I just think you people are being broken records at this point.

I'm gonna pull a Jim Sterling here and say don't shoot the messenger. Something becoming benal or boring or predictable to talk about doesn't make it something we shouldn't talk about or bring up or complain about. That's how companies get away with shit.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Promotion 1

3 minutes ago, KHCast said:

You quoted the wrong guy. Not me who said that.

Whoops, forgot to quote this one.

1 hour ago, Dejimon11 said:

Oh dear God 

Anyways, you get the deal.

• Chuckle 1

1 minute ago, UpCDownCLeftCRightC said:

You quoted the wrong guy. Not me who said that.

The quote system seems to be glitching atm

Why Forces!? Why! I want to like you! DX

Seriously though this is getting reeeeeaaaally hard to defend, the video with the enemies was sad, at this point im just mostly waiting for music rips on release date rather than gameplay spoilers >.>

• Thumbs Up 3