Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

Belle will either be a sympathizing element for Eggman...or someone that will really just reinforce how much of a bastard he is. It could go either way at this point tbh. 

• Thumbs Up 6

27 minutes ago, charmsb said:

If Metal Sonic immediately brought Eggman back, why did seeing Belle not resurface even a hint of Mr. Tinker?

Tinker touched Metal's head. Eggman has not touched Belle's head. They haven't even been in the same room.

5 minutes ago, Razule said:

Tinker touched Metal's head. Eggman has not touched Belle's head. They haven't even been in the same room.

Lol is it really because of the head touch specifically though?

1 hour ago, charmsb said:

Probably not, but it'd be funny if that was the sole thing. Maybe a physical connection could bring something back. 

• Thumbs Up 1

After the Twitter Takeover yesterday, I'm convinced they should get the Twitter writers to write the Shadow scenes in the comic. That question where he provides more insight into his death and how much it meant to him that Sonic tried to save him (even if Sonic was brought down too) was great.

8 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Another Cover Reveal for #45

Hide contents

E_XUCoPXMAMN-EQ?format=jpg&name=4096x409

These covers are like reverse clickbait. I'm already expecting them to get ambushed halfway through.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, CertifiedNobody said:

After the Twitter Takeover yesterday, I'm convinced they should get the Twitter writers to write the Shadow scenes in the comic.

I believe Aaron Webber writes the Twitter Takeover primarily (might be one or two others?). I think it is a different set of challenges though because regarding mandates and the like, I think some of them are stricter on licensed media (because you are trusting a third party with your property).

So it is less that "This person vs. that person knows how to write the character" as much as they have different limitations. The way Ian Flynn makes it seem for example, Shadow isn't really focused on Maria per SEGA's guidelines, but it seems Aaron can get around it a little more. Same with rings being used as money. 

• Thumbs Up 2

The takeover is largely just jokes that aren't meant to represent the "canon" and it's probably easier to crack on stuff that are common jokes in the fandom or do funny things with the characters that actual media isn't allowed to do (though I'd believe, among other things, Shadow would have a soft spot for kittens and Sega can fight me).

• Thumbs Up 2

also shadow openly explaining what he's thinking and emoting is just "solving" shadow by writing an entirely different character altogether lol

let characters who don't express vulnerability openly keep doing so

• Thumbs Up 5

17 hours ago, charmsb said:

It wouldn’t matter, Eggman already remembers and knows about everything he did as Mr. Tinkerer, he even finds himself fondly thinking about it when Sonic calls him out on it back on the Metal Virus arc, and Eggman quickly denies he enjoyed it, stating his work in instilling a new world order was more important.

It’s not like with Metal Sonic where Eggman had his memories gone and his personality essentially suppressed, and seeing Metal was the right stimuli to trigger his memories to return, Eggman knows about his time as Tinkerer and recognises Belle as one of his robots, he just doesn’t care.

• Thumbs Up 6

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

It wouldn’t matter, Eggman already remembers and knows about everything he did as Mr. Tinkerer, he even finds himself fondly thinking about it when Sonic calls him out on it back on the Metal Virus arc, and Eggman quickly denies he enjoyed it, stating his work in instilling a new world order was more important.

It’s not like with Metal Sonic where Eggman had his memories gone and his personality essentially suppressed, and seeing Metal was the right stimuli to trigger his memories to return, Eggman knows about his time as Tinkerer and recognises Belle as one of his robots, he just doesn’t care.

Ah, you make a good point. Wondering, then, if there was a specific event that made Eggman "evil". Like, if his blank slate that evolved into Mr. Tinker didn't have the capacity for evil, there must have been some sort of event in Robotnik's life that turned him evil. Could be worth exploring at some point.

11 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Yet Another alternate Cover Reveal for 45

Hide contents

E_Xewm-WUAcVllL?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I hope the tarot cards are relevant to the story and not just clickbait. Also, Tangle looked like Bunnie at first glance.

3 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Reveal hidden contents

The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed... It requires great courage to look at oneself honestly, and forge one's own path.

5 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Hide contents

I thought some awesome looking new character was just revealed for a second

5 hours ago, CertifiedNobody said:

I hope the tarot cards are relevant to the story and not just clickbait. Also, Tangle looked like Bunnie at first glance.

Yeah, I see it too.

20 hours ago, Zaysho said:

The takeover is largely just jokes that aren't meant to represent the "canon"

True but you'll take Bi Eggman from my cold dead hands. XD

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 1

I think belle is going to do something with eggman and tinker that makes it worthwhile. That build up has to go somewhere right? Though I think it would be interesting if eggman still didn't care same for starline and his two new buddies. And the crew had to for a moment see that maybe all that friendship talk only matters if the other party is receptive. It would actually work well with the series themes of found family. Maybe shadow could give them a pep talk, he has two bad fathers.
One of which is still alive apparently /jk

3 hours ago, SBR2 said:

True but you'll take Bi Eggman from my cold dead hands. XD

I'm with you on this

Yes the twitter takeover is jokes, and Ian had spoken on before how he couldn't characterize shadow like that. Not just because of mandates, but because shadow isn't generally like that as a character and a lot of the humor relies on playing on some of his traits and pushing them in interesting directions, or like the lavender thing turning it on its his head. Shadow in character would likely not bother with this sort of thing, or he would be very short with everyone. And If i'm being honest I don't want shadow to be " this " all the time the reason why its funny because its out of the blue.
(Although I think doom being alive in some form is a good idea. Maybe not physically alive, but sort of a mental construct? The black arms had a psychic network maybe shadow absorbs it all when he becomes the last one. And kind of like avatar gets access to all the big bad black arms on mental speedail)

That said, I think it says a lot about the state of the character even outside of the writers maybe messing up their plans for him a bit that the joke character similar to shadow in the lego game , is a better more interesting character than the current mandated version. Says a lot about sega's direction.

Lastly I too hope the cover isn't just for show but amy gets to do something with her hobby. Even if it is just telling fortunes for fun! There's a lot of tiny details about these characters that don't get used. Like espio apparently learning his ninja moves from a TV show.

December solicitations, including #47 and that compilation that was leaked a while ago:

7N2QwoW.jpg

Sonic the Hedgehog #47—Cover A: Adam Bryce Thomas
Evan Stanley (w & a) • Adam Bryce Thomas (c)
The ROAD TO #50 continues here! Enjoy a TEN-ISSUE-long adventure leading up to the EPIC SHOWDOWN in milestone issue #50.
Amy, Tangle, Jewel, and Belle's peaceful camping trip is still up in flames… literally. The fire is blazing but all the tension from before has melted away and the heroines are ready to save the day! Plus, being confronted with such danger has some reevaluating their futures… Find out more in the final part of "Trial by Fire"!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

1EUgBX2.jpg

Sonic The Hedgehog: Sonic & Tails: Best Buds Forever
Ian Flynn; Evan Stanley (w) • Tracy Yardley, Adam Bryce Thomas, Evan Stanley (a) • Evan Stanley (c)
Can't wait to see the best friends ever meet on the big screen? Get ready by reading their greatest adventures in this must-have comic collection!
Sonic the Hedgehog and Miles "Tails" Prower. Best friends through thick and thin, they've always got each other's backs. Celebrate the terrific twosome with these three high-speed, high-flying tales full of action and adrenaline.
First, Dr. Eggman is missing, but his rogue robots are still running amok, and only Sonic can stop them. But he can't do it without Tails!
Then, the best buds are trying to take a break, but something stinks. Looks like baddies can have best friends too!
And finally, Tails and Sonic explore an abandoned Dr. Eggman base, but they're not alone! Can they trust the intruder? No worries. If thirty years of friendship has proven anything, it's that they'll be fine as long as they've got each other! Collects Sonic the Hedgehog issues #1, 13, 34, and 35.
TPB • FC • $7.99 • 96 pages • 5.6" x 8.5" • ISBN: 978-1-68405-894-5
Bullet points:
Available in February 2022.

Second cover is SUPER cute. Love the attention to detail with the snacks.

• Thumbs Up 4

Belle has a metal arm. Interesting. How many issues will it take to rescue her from Dr. Wechinda?

• Thumbs Up 4