Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

26 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Well in that case I got nothing to worry about. 

I think the very worst thing that might happen could be intoducing stuff that wasn't seen originally in the current games timeline. Like Splash Hill neighboring emerald hill? They like to throw stuff like that in, like in their Godzilla run, his first opponent was that fuck awful 1998 monstrosity and the called him "Zilla"

Edit:3227704-godzilla_rulers_of_earth_godzill

• Thumbs Up 3

7 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

That's not what I'm saying as far as baggage goes, though. I'm saying the people who want the characters to be included are going to have certain expectations for them, and that's extra weight that IDW doesn't need when they're trying to establish their version of the series, especially since the Archie wound will still be fresh. They're going to have their hands full already managing the core Sonic cast and establishing the setting properly.

To be fair to you people that wanted Shadow to be in Boom were indeed sorely dissapointed that he was so different. And worse that he was there only for like, a few minutes in the games and one episode in the show. So you are kinda right in that people that want X character to appear will be very dissapointed if they are not up to their expectations.

But I really doubt IDW would mess up the FF's the way Boom messed up Shadow which lead to fan dissapoinment.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm honestly happy Sonic's on the rebound so soon after the Archie comics were confirmed to be canceled. Hopefully, some, if not all, of the creative team comes back, and we see some cool crossovers.

As for the FF dilemma, they might return, and they might not. I'd still read either way.

• Thumbs Up 2

33 minutes ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

This seems to be the approach Boom is also taking.

You seem to have that mistaken with characters you yourself don't like. Ugh,  really,  another attempt to potshot Boom?

They're getting really lazy, man. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Speaking of Boom. You think they could bring that comic back on IDW? I liked it. It was just like the show but a little more adventorous.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, RictalRose0 said:

Speaking of Boom. You think they could bring that comic back on IDW? I liked it. It was just like the show but a little more adventorous.

Depends on two elements, if the main series is successful enough to warrant spinoffs, and if Boom is still running.

Surprisingly though, Universe is highly likely to keep going, especially considering recently, IDW took an idea from Sonic and gave TMNT a comic named TMNT Universe focusing on the other characters.

• Thumbs Up 6

Alright, my little bathroom break of delusional positivity is over.

SEGA's making this a games-only mandate, so we can expect the end of the entire current cast and continuity, and even most of the game characters who aren't Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Eggman will be reduced to background roles and cameos at best.

sigh Maybe its about time I got back into Digimon.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

As for the FF dilemma, they might return, and they might not. I'd still read either way.

Same here. Though I have a gut feeling that the Freedom Fighters might be done for. It sucks because the Archie sonic characters are staples of my childhood just as much as the game ones are. But if this is how things play out then it is what it is.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, SSF1991 said:

So um...

I think you made that perfectly clear with your disgusting Julie-Su redesign and character assassination.

• Thumbs Up 2

Says who? yeah I get his end with his shit but does he now monopolize every aspect of Archie Sonic pre-2005 now?

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, goku262002 said:

Says who? yeah I get his end with his shit but does he now monopolize every aspect of Archie Sonic pre-2005 now?

Penders' over-inflated ego makes him think he's the only pre-2005 creator of worth.

• Thumbs Up 3

13 minutes ago, RictalRose0 said:

I seriously hope not. The fact that Archie's run is pretty much over with out an ending but Boom somehow gets to live on despite how SEGA pretty much refuses to acknowledge the show's existence yeah I'd be annoyed 

2 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

So um...

Can't wait for this comic to keep going and how he somehow tries to make this about him as always while he still isn't making any progress on his passion projects because reasons.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, Flyinpenguin117 said:

Alright, my little bathroom break of delusional positivity is over.

SEGA's making this a games-only mandate, so we can expect the end of the entire current cast and continuity, and even most of the game characters who aren't Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Eggman will be reduced to background roles and cameos at best.

sigh Maybe its about time I got back into Digimon.

I'm still positive game characters will still get more spotlight than usual. 

wow this guy is a real piece of work is He? I wasn't gonna post anything about him but penders has a sickening ego.

• Thumbs Up 3

6 minutes ago, A wreaking havoc engine said:

wow this guy is a real piece of work is He? I wasn't gonna post anything about him but penders has a sickening ego.

Which is all the more reason why seeing the Lara Su Chronicles crash and burn is going to give us a fuck load of catharsis.

• Thumbs Up 8