Awoo.

Sonic Forces- Classic GHZ Gameplay

Tracker_TD

Eggman's fucking up the environment again? Gee; who would've guessed?  

Though, it makes me wonder how it got to the point that he's just setting up whole industries and whatnot on South Island that have caused outright drought, and Classic Sonic seems to not have been able to do anything about it up until this point.

27 minutes ago, Adamabba said:

Actually when the Sonic channel uploaded the footage on its channel afterwards, they gave us a bit of a descripton as to why it's sandy this time.

For all we know, the past version of Green Hill (in addition to Classic Sonic) might have been dropped onto the present version (which is now a desert). The disparity between the two elements would make sense then. It's the reason I'm more hesitant to make a judgment on the visual end of things, at least.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Adamabba said:

Classic Sonic discovers that Green Hill Zone is looking more dry and sandy under Eggman's rule, from the heavy desertification caused by his industries.

Maybe Eggman has gone back in time and messed with the past and started to take over which is why Green Hill has no water. Perhaps Eggman has just removed all the water from GH like how he/the Deadly Six was sucking out the planet's life force in SLW with that device. Classic Sonic finds a way to travel to the bad future and teams up with modern Sonic and Bubsy to take down the Eggman empire and save the day.

Or maybe classic and Modern Sonic are existing at the same time in history in the present (modern Sonic's time) which is when Eggman takes over everywhere. Yeah, that makes no sense.....or does it

6 minutes ago, Pawn said:

For all we know, the past version of Green Hill (in addition to Classic Sonic) might have been dropped onto the present version (which is now a desert). The disparity between the two elements would make sense then. It's the reason I'm more hesitant to make a judgment on the visual end of things, at least.

That makes me question why the purple flowers (and absolutely nothing else) seem to be damaged. 

Sonic-Forces_2017_04-25-17_001.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

10 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

That makes me question why the purple flowers (and absolutely nothing else) seem to be damaged. 

Seems like the leaves from the sunflowers are torn/wilting also.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

Seems like the leaves from the sunflowers are torn/wilting also.

It's so minor I didn't even notice until you pointed it out. I sincerely hope the level has at least one more act afterwards that shows Green Hill in a greater state of decay. What we can see at the moment sucks. 

• Thumbs Up 9

46 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

I didn't even see those, lol. That certainly works against what I suggested.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Blue Blood said:

The palm trees also appear to be rather droopy, but they're still bright green.

Yeah, count me in with the "Level design is lame/too much boostpads and springs" crowd although I do like the music for it and it does look visually nice. A simple look similar to that of Lost World but with some detail of that of Generations. It's a nice middle ground.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm surprised people are complaining about the way Sonic maintains his speed (or doesn't) throughout the stage. His momentum seems pretty accurate to real life!

95f4gYM.gif

• Thumbs Up 5

3 hours ago, OcelotBot said:

Or maybe classic and Modern Sonic are existing at the same time in history in the present (modern Sonic's time) which is when Eggman takes over everywhere. Yeah, that makes no sense.....or does it

This is basically the theory I've been going with for months now. That rather than destroying all of time and space (like in Sonic Generations) Eggman has instead manipulated reality in a way that allows him to conquer the world in a certain period. Which as a matter of practicality could mean different parts of the planet from different eras have been smashed together, along with a bunch of new stuff that are a direct result of Eggman's damage.

I think that this theory also offers a good explanation as how classic Green Hill in Sonic Forces can look both lush and dried out. Something has caused a version of Green Hill Zone from the past, along with classic Sonic apparently, to be brought into the present. So the lack of water hasn't had enough time to wilt the Green Hill Zone yet, even if all the water in the present has already been replaced with sand.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, why does Green Hill have sand anyways? I'm not exactly sure how a tropical beach-like area on an island can turn into a oasis in a desert in the middle of nowhere. The game probably doesn't take place on South Island, that's for sure. There is one thing to note.

In the first Modern gameplay trailer, we can see Green Hill off in the distance, but no desert like we see in the background of the level. Why?

Just now, Roboat06 said:

Yeah, why does Green Hill have sand anyways? I'm not exactly sure how a tropical beach-like area on an island can turn into a oasis in a desert in the middle of nowhere.

Desertification... Heavy industry turns the grass to sand.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Roboat06 said:

In the first Modern gameplay trailer, we can see Green Hill off in the distance, but no desert like we see in the background of the level. Why?

It's not Green Hill that you can see in the modern footage. 

2 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Desertification... Heavy industry turns the grass to sand.

You know, just had a thought. Since the Green Hill Zone is usually next to an ocean Eggman's 'heavy industry' could actually be a - desalination plant. A giant energy hungry machine that takes the ocean water and separates all the impurities from the actual H2O, which would be important to Eggman because pure water has a lot of industrial applications.. So Eggman really could be stealing the water and leaving nothing but sand behind!

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Kintor said:

You know, just had a thought. Since the Green Hill Zone is usually next to an ocean Eggman's 'heavy industry' could actually be a - desalination plant. A giant energy hungry machine that takes the ocean water and separates all the impurities from the actual H2O, which would be important to Eggman because pure water has a lot of industrial applications.. So Eggman really could be stealing the water and leaving nothing but sand behind!

Oh yeah...

3 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

It's not Green Hill that you can see in the modern footage. 

2017-04-26-compressor.thumb.png.2b2a0ef84f54e19e85cb93c8cd4e0786.png 

GET REKT M8!

31 minutes ago, Roboat06 said:

Oh yeah...

2017-04-26-compressor.thumb.png.2b2a0ef84f54e19e85cb93c8cd4e0786.png 

GET REKT M8!

Yeah no, that's not Green Hill. We've see Green Hill in this game and that ain't it, "m8". 

• Thumbs Up 5

18 minutes ago, Roboat06 said:

Wait...

If that's not Green Hill, then what is it?

Well, its probably just a random bit of terrain. It doesn't need to be anything.

1 minute ago, Scar said:

Well, its probably just a random bit of terrain. It doesn't need to be anything.

Yeah, I guess...

BUT WHAT IS IT DOING IN THE MIDDLE OF A CITY?

15 minutes ago, Roboat06 said:

Yeah, I guess...

BUT WHAT IS IT DOING IN THE MIDDLE OF A CITY?

Cities do get built in hills, mountains and valleys with parts of the natural terrain being left as is.  Granted it's rare in real life but it happens.  And even if it didn't... it's a way to creatively make this city different from previous ones in the series.  It's really, REALLY not a big deal.

• Thumbs Up 7