Awoo.

Why do/don't you like Mighty?

libertyernie

I don't see why all the hate for Mighty. He's got no backstory, so what is there to not like about him? :P

If they did bring him back, they would have to take advantage of how much he's like Sonic, and use him as a representation of what Sonic would have been had he been a different person in some way (I'm thinking: less smarmy, more hippie.)

The fact that we don't know much about him IMO makes me want to know more about the character. He has potential along with Fang to be a very popular and important character in Sonic games.

All I'm saying is that its far harder to work with Mighty simply because he has almost NOTHING defined about him that is unique, save for the sole fact that his appearance is a little more unique than some other characters. Most of the characters HAVE developed from their initial appearance, yes. But at least they had something more to work with. Mighty doesn't have anything to work with other than being a model swap of Sonic.

Thing is something could always be done. They could alter the design, as with Vector, and build the best personality in the world. But why? Thing is, he isn't a character, as has been said. He's an image. And many people love him, not from what *is* in the games but from extra media, from what they perceive him to be rather than what he is. And if they brought him back you'd definitly get people people screaming they'd got him wrong or ruined him despite him having no character to begin with. I don't hate him because there's nothing to hate. he's from a different time, one of a group, a altered Sonic sprite. Comics and what not have made him more thna he was but in the games he had little personality or uniqueness. Sure they *could* give him one but, again, why bother? There's no "character" to bring back, he's a blank slate with a weak design and I think they'd rather focus on soemthing new if they're building a character from scratch anyway.

- Scarecrow

In defense of Mighty, again.

To say he's a recolor is unfair. His sprite was a recolor in Chaotix. In SegaSonic he was an extra character, created for that game. If you wanna say he's just player two fodder, then I say that's how Tails was created as well. Tails is loved because he gained recurring roles in the games, Mighty simply didn't. And anyways, Mighty had the most reason to be in Chaotix, since he was actually a returning character. Charmy, Vector, and Espio all made their first appearance in that game, essentially a game made up of a ragtag reject squad of Sonic characters. But besides Knuckles, Mighty was the only returning character, the only character with any history.

His lack of personality comes under attack a lot. Well, I think people say he's flat because they think he's a cheap knockoff. He's just like Sonic, people say. But there's no real reason to think that. You can't compare his personality to currently developed characters, because he's from the era of silent sprites. We know he's a pacifist and a traveler. That has potential for story. To say that he has no background is also wrong. He had an adventure with Sonic in an arcade game, and he was part of the original Chaotix. I don't know why people say he wasn't part of the Chaotix, especially in the game. As far as the story goes for Knuckles' Chaotix, they all met on the island and decided to fight off Robotnik together, organized by Knuckles. If Mighty was there when they got together, he's on the team. Now he wasn't relaunched with the rest of them, but that's why he's a forgotten character. It doesn't make him a bad one.

The design differences have been noted. Pointy nose, slick shell, little turned in ears. I would rather have an Armadillo I know from the old games return then see another hedgehog. White, Black, Pink, and Blue hedgehogs. We're running out of colors here.

What does he have to add to the series? Well his storyline was never developed, but like I said, he has more history than Bean or Bark, and just about as much history as Nack. He could be incorporated into the Chaotix, or maybe Sonic and friends run into him from time to time because he likes to travel. As for gameplay, he has the wall kick, so maybe he could be a more gymnastic character. He also uses strength. Since he's a pacifist, maybe he can take hits by using his shell, or maybe he doesn't kill enemies when he attacks them. If I had to design Mighty gameplay, I'd go with an acrobatic but not fast character, that can deflect hits and use enemies to his advantage without killing them.

Any amount of imagination goes far with Mighty. His design is a nice one, and he's got some classic appeal. That's why I like the guy. ;)

I don't hate him, I don't love him. Simply because I've never came across Mighty in any game I've played or a comic I've read.

Now I like Mighty, I for one would much rather see his return then see lame characters like Chip or stupid ideas like the werehog, and Mighty is much more welcome then a truckload more hedgehogs with superforms.

That being said I would much rather see Nack, Bean or Bark return...more so Nack. As personality and looks go, those "forgottens" have more appeal to me, but that isn't to say I wouldn't want Mighty to return.

I don't think Mighty is a Sonic clone; as far as looks go I suppose you can see that, but like the Chaotix, Mighty would have his features tweaked and played with, and he has a uniqueness in that he has yellow "skin" bits where all other characters have the regular colour on those bits.

As for personality, I've always thought they could work on the pacifist thing. I don't think Mighty (despite his name) has super strength, and I don't think I'd like him to. For one it would be unoriginal as it takes away from Knuckles making Knuckles less unique. I've thought that giving Mighty the ability to have a "shielding" ability would be cool, and really play on his pacifist side....as in he'd put up a bubble shield (ala Sonic1) and protect any of his friends from attack.

I guess the only downside I can see to Mighty is the fact I'd feel he comes with Ray attached....and I view Ray as being a really crappy unoriginal character...kinda like how some people view Mighty. But if done well I can see Mighty and Ray being really cool additions back into the series...maybe like less in-your-face attitude versions of Sonic, more rebelious in a hippy traveller naturist kind of way.

I'm indifferent to Mighty and I don't understand his popularity. He is just a Sonic recolor with a shell and funny ears, like Diogenes said.

I don't understand Fang's popularity either, but he still seems more interesting and unique than Mighty.

oh, is this where eveyone is being mean about Mighty. >.< Booo....

Being a Mighty fan myself, I would come here to defend him. But the things I would've said, have already been said. lol

I think The-Master-Board and Badnikz said it best.

There's not much else I can add, except that an Armadillo is unique to the series, we have many hedgehogs, a couple of cats and.......what's Marine again?

Marine's a raccoon, which is awesome. I've been playing Rush Adventure again lately, man, she's so full of win. =D

oh yeah, thanks guys.

It's been a while since I've been on Sonic Rush Adventure. But still, that's another rare animal to the Sonic family. :)

Edited by DanfieldJ86

Don't forget Espio. As someone mentioned before, Chaotix is composed of 2 reptiles and an insect, which is like, really unique in the Sonic-verse! I mean I doubt you can count Johnny as a character since he's just a one off robot (he reminds me of Fang for some reason) but he's be the only fish Sonic character.

Edited by SuperLink

Not here they aren't.

gens_chaotix.gif

He's even doing the foot-tap thing. They could've edited that out.

Ah, sure they are.

mightyshoes.jpg

Mighty's shoes ARE different from Sonic's. Its too close to really count for much of anything, though. There's only a tiny, tiny difference between the two.

Sonic's is a strap and Mighty's is a pattern. From a shoemaker's point of view, that's more of a difference than colour. ;)

I've been thinking about what abilities he could possibly get that would make him different from the rest of the cast. What makes me sad is that Sonic's trademark move, the spindash, has gotten the shaft lately and all ball mechanics of the past where thrown out the window. Mighty could bring that back since it makes sense for him to roll into a ball. He would be more like a speeding wreaking ball that bounces all over rather than the static spindash.

Although I'd rather have a spinning ball Sonic flying all over the place...

Edited by Rauzaruke

During one of my long daydreaming phases today, I imagined that Mighty would be perfect for Unleashed (World Adventure? Speaks for itself). I even imagined Mighty as a dlc skin for the game. Yeah, I have awesome daydreams. Travelling across the world is a perfect excuse to bring Mighty back...