Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

1 minute ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

It didn't grant anyone bar three characters in Generations, which people complained about given they were glorified cheerleaders. So not really seeing the point beyond stating the obvious.

The point is responding to the topic at hand, as raised by Johnny Boy, of whether this game's apparent inclusion of time travel might indicate Silver playing a more significant role.

8 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

The point is responding to the topic at hand, as raised by Johnny Boy, of whether this game's apparent inclusion of time travel might indicate Silver playing a more significant role.

And as far as that goes we already know it's a "maybe/maybe not"for this game. I was referring specifically to bringing up Generations being an example for Silver not playing a more significant role given it didn't do so for anyone else not named Sonic, Tails, or Eggman because that detail was obvious.

5 minutes ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

And as far as that goes we already know it's a "maybe/maybe not"for this game. I was referring specifically to bringing up Generations being an example for Silver not playing a more significant role given it didn't do so for anyone else not named Sonic, Tails, or Eggman because that detail was obvious.

Are you just antagonising Diogenes for the sake of it now? I legitimately can't understand what part of his post you think is wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1

And I said that the game involving time travel didn't get him off the bench and on the court in Generations, so there's no reason to assume it makes it more likely for him to have a major role in this game.

Just now, Remy said:

Are you just antagonising Diogenes for the sake of it now? I legitimately can't understand what part of his post you think is wrong.

No? 

There wasn't anything wrong with it, I just thought what he was saying was obvious. I don't see how that antagonizing him.

I really hope the city shown in the CG trailer isn't just for show. As a boy growing up in the south, I'd love to play a Sonic level based on the French Quarter of New Orleans.

tumblr_oas35uMqRG1rr2g16o1_1280.png

• Thumbs Up 2

I really do think a lot must have been left on the cutting room floor when they were making Generations. Didn't Big the Cat's voice actor get a credit even though Big never appeared in the game? Makes you wonder just how much better the game would've been if Big was in it... ??

• Thumbs Up 4

33 minutes ago, JingleBoy said:

I really do think a lot must have been left on the cutting room floor when they were making Generations. Didn't Big the Cat's voice actor get a credit even though Big never appeared in the game? Makes you wonder just how much better the game would've been if Big was in it... ??

If you ask me, having the voice of Ryu appear in a Sonic game and make him say a simple few words about Froggy and fishing would automatically make it a more enjoyable experience, atleast 25%; ATLEAST.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/4/2017 at 3:40 PM, Soni said:

If you ask me, having the voice of Ryu appear in a Sonic game and make him say a simple few words about Froggy and fishing would automatically make it a more enjoyable experience, atleast 25%; ATLEAST.

From the statue room, I got the impression Jet and Omega would show up too, but Omega's voice was not credited. They might have been cut before Big.

I also heard the street and business  names seen in urban levels were originally those of other media characters, but this was cut. 

47 minutes ago, Zoroark & Flare said:

The street names was an 06 thing in crisis city too @It's a Very Merry Miru, but you might be right on the buisness names though

My impression was that those references were tossed in after they failed to secure approval for the other media character street names. 

I don't think I've ever heard anything along those lines from an official source.  Closest was that apparently several parts of SEGA went around, asking the longtime fans working for them if they had any suggestions for easter eggs and such.  Supposedly the wanted posters for Nack, Bean and Bark were a fruit of this idea, I'm pretty sure possibly from a SEGA staffer who used to requent here, who was also the one who let us know that they did this?  AAUK even maybe?

Anyway, I FEEL, VAGUELY, on the outskirts of my memory, the idea of a phrase from this tidbit like "naturally we couldn't put all of these ideas in as they referenced content from non-canon media" or something along those lines, but this conversation may very well be influencing my memory a bit there.

• Thumbs Up 6

I recall @AAUK say that he was the one behind those posters but I don't think he ever mentioned that they did so because they couldn't get them actually in the game or anything like that?

32 minutes ago, Soni said:

I recall @AAUK say that he was the one behind those posters but I don't think he ever mentioned that they did so because they couldn't get them actually in the game or anything like that?

Oh no that wasn't what he said, I feel like he said a condition of scrapping ideas was if they referenced things from Sonic media outside of the games themselves (not so much like Miru is saying where the streetnames were TV character names at one point then changed, but rather such an idea would have been shot down at conception if anyone did suggest it).

• Thumbs Up 1

I have been hearing rumblings on the official Sonic Facebook that more official news on the game is coming "soon". What do you guys think? Think we'll see it at the Switch Presentation next week?

On 1/4/2017 at 11:06 PM, JingleBoy said:

I think the only logical conclusion is the original 25th Anniversary project was Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3 and then they decided to quickly change it because the world wasn't truly ready for greatness.

• Thumbs Up 4

Alright, so Oddworld Inhabitants currently have a brilliant ARG going on in anticipation for their newest game ODDWORLD: Soulstorm and it's left me wondering if the Sonic social media team will be planning any sort of new ARG in the run up to this game; the last attempt at feeding out clues through Twitter worked really well and it was great to see everyone getting involved and unscrambling the messages. Perhaps this time they could step this things up to the next level by giving out more clues in the context of the game; maybe using the Sonic twitter to tell an ongoing story-line narrative?

I get that the Sonic twitter is a comedy account first & foremost, but it'd be pretty cool to see them drip feed more details and encourage community feedback again like they did before. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Athena Cykes said:

NSW-Launch-Leak.jpg

Something to note is that the Nintendo Switch leak from last week gave Project 2017 a date of November 12th.

phoenix-document%28a%29.gif

Hmmmm, and the other Sonic title listed in there is scheduled, apparently, for a March 19th release window. Could Sonic Mania possibly be a Switch release title?

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

phoenix-document%28a%29.gif

Hmmmm, and the other Sonic title listed in there is scheduled, apparently, for a March 19th release window. Could Sonic Mania possibly be a Switch release title?

That would be way sooner than anyone expected. Not that I'm complaining - and technically that release would still be Winter - as the first day of Spring is March 20. 

Just had word.

Project 2017 is definitely releasing this year. Article and sources to follow in about 30min to an hour.

• Thumbs Up 6