Awoo.

Zone Idea Station - Share your Sonic Level Ideas Here!

Popponic

I think the boss would be a boss already in sonic CD as a throwback to the game that started Time-Manipulating in the sonic universe, and it explodes, so you have to run outta there, and it’s entirely vertical, competing the first out of 3 Egg Trials?

Just now, Cyb3rkn1ght said:

I think the boss would be a boss already in sonic CD as a throwback to the game that started Time-Manipulating in the sonic universe, and it explodes, so you have to run outta there, and it’s entirely vertical, competing the first out of 3 Egg Trials?

Hmmm, not a bad idea. In fact, I would say it is good!

Still, what boss? I already used the final boss as the 2nd phase of Dim Disco’s boss…

Hhmmmm...

How is this?

The Egg Clock.

This has Eggman's Eggmobile in the center of a giant clock. Here, Eggman will move the clock hands to either 12, 3, 6 or 9 o'clock. Time will fast forward or rewind when this happens, except for Eggman and Sonic or another playable character, so that character must be ready to dodge enemies that come their way. At any time of day the hands are on, Eggman will launch red or blue orbs at the character. The red ones speed up time, which makes the character faster and thus easier to run off the stage and the blue one slows down time for the character only, making them vulnerable to attacks. The character must hit the hands and make them reach 12 o'clock this way, which will make the Eggmobile pop out and vulnerable to attack. Attack the Eggmobile when this happens eight times to win!

3 hours ago, Shiny Gems said:

Honey Hives Zone

This zone takes place right in the middle of what is called a forest area. However, this is not just any forest here. This forest happens too have loads of honey to be found. At the same time, along with the honey, there are many bees to be found here.

When I read this, Honey Hive galaxy and Honeycomb Highway comes to mind. I think that if you make it like a Mecha Jungle with metal trees and metal plants, with act 2 being a factory (Techno Hill 2 comes to mind here) I think it’s a solid idea!

4 minutes ago, Cyb3rkn1ght said:

When I read this, Honey Hive galaxy and Honeycomb Highway comes to mind. I think that if you make it like a Mecha Jungle with metal trees and metal plants, with act 2 being a factory (Techno Hill 2 comes to mind here) I think it’s a solid idea!

Honestly, I think that could work!

EDIT: Still, I do like things to be more on the natural side here.

Edited by Shiny Gems

6 minutes ago, Shiny Gems said:

This has Eggman's Eggmobile in the center of a giant clock. Here, Eggman will move the clock hands to either 12, 3, 6 or 9 o'clock. Time will fast forward or rewind when this happens, except for Eggman and Sonic or another playable character, so that character must be ready to dodge enemies that come their way. At any time of day the hands are on, Eggman will launch red or blue orbs at the character. The red ones speed up time, which makes the character faster and thus easier to run off the stage and the blue one slows down time for the character only, making them vulnerable to attacks. The character must hit the hands and make them reach 12 o'clock this way, which will make the Eggmobile pop out and vulnerable to attack. Attack the Eggmobile when this happens eight times to win!

This is why you’re the best Zone maker here.

Just now, Cyb3rkn1ght said:

This is why you’re the best Zone maker here.

Thanks! I truly appreciate that!

• Nice Smile 1

Now, would this be the 2nd Egg trial? if so, whats the third and last? if not, whats the 2nd one? (I think not, its not, Eggman enough to.)

i have an idea: Make an entire Zone after randomly generated Zone names. heres 5:

Screenshot 2024-03-17 100023.png

Screenshot 2024-03-18 215318.png

Screenshot 2024-04-12 161729.png

Screenshot 2024-04-12 161845.png

Screenshot 2024-04-12 161934.png

Here are two more ideas of mine.

Dangerous Dance Zone

In this zone, Sonic and friends come across a colorful dance studio. Vibrant to the max, this place is filled with dance based objects the heroes will have to use to get around the area, all while performing different dance moves at the same time.Here, this dance studio is owned by Eggman, and he is using it to exploit and take control of dancers. It is up to Sonic and friends to stop him before he goes too far.

Here in this zone, there are pom-poms from cheerleading that the heroes can bounce off of, and there are basically red squares the heroes must avoid or they will dance without any control, thus wasting time. There are giant figurines that spin as if dancing that the heroes can interact with, normally being swung around by them, and there are giant batons the heroes can ride or hit to make spin. There are also giant ribbons from rhythmic gymnastics the heroes can walk on.

There are fans and umbrellas used for dance. The fans can be used as platforms and the umbrellas can make the heroes bounce slightly. There are dance poles the heroes can swing on, and there are dancing hoops the heroes can jump or fall through to gain extra points. A rave LED whip for dancing is also seen in this zone that the heroes must avoid as they get near them, for when they near them, they will be attacked. There are giant balance boards, too, and these can be used for platforming to get around the area. There are also arrows that fall that the heroes can jump and bounce off of to go up or across areas. The illuminated arrows however, if hit in a certain order, will cause routes to open.

Additional Information: Something like this would be the music for Act 1.

And this for Act 2.

Immense Interspace Zone

Take a look at this.

This is the area Sonic goes through in Sonic CD when time traveling. What if this area were a complete zone? Well, this is the case here. In the first act, Sonic and friends go through the space between spaces that looks like this, except red, and in the second one, Sonic and friends go through the time between times, which is green like here. They are trapped here after a failed dimensional travel attempt, and must find a way out.

In the interspatial sections, the area is filled with brown rocks all over the place. There are dimensional travelers that come by in this area, hitting the heroes and damaging them if they are hit. There are falling rocks which hit the paths, though some of them just float and are breakable. There are platforms that grow big and small every few seconds the heroes can run on, and there are spatial rifts that lead the heroes to other areas of the level, and there are signs that say "long" here. Hitting them and building up speed can cause the heroes to cover long distances over shorter, but not terribly short times.

In the intertime sections, the rocks have turned grey here. There are time travelers that pass by that can harm the heroes if they hit them, and there are time rifts that act as portals that lead the heroes to other sections of the level at different times (as indicated by the timer). There are platforms that age fast, and Sonic and friends must reach those platforms before the timer on the screen reaches a certain time and they end up crumbling. At the same time, there are signs that say "Slow", and hitting these signs and building up speed (which is just like in Sonic CD, by the way) will cause the timer and time itself to slow to a crawl.

What do you all think?

7 minutes ago, Shiny Gems said:

Additional Information: Something like this would be the music for Act 1.

2 minutes ago, Cyb3rkn1ght said:

Yep! Pretty much!

So, what did you think of those ideas?

Here is another idea from me.

Furniture Funland Zone

In this zone, Sonic and friends go through what happens to be a furniture exhibition of sorts. This exhibition of furniture is mainly for kids furniture, so there is a lot of creativity and a lot of themes to be had. Sonic and friends chase Eggman here, but it turns out that the place has been already altered by Eggman to have traps for the heroes in many ways. Can our heroes survive this place, or is it bedtime for them, permanently?

In this zone, there are beds and bunk beds to be found. These beds can be bounced on, and some have ladders, climbing equipment (similar to a playground) and even slides the heroes can slide down. There are creative tables that may come in parts, and each individual part can be moved around to different areas by the heroes. There are bookcases that come in different shapes the heroes can climb, and there are chairs that float in the air that can be used as platforms to get around.

There are cabinets that open when Sonic and friends draw near them, releasing a boxing glove that tries to hit the heroes. There are many drawers that have each compartment open one at a time, and the heroes can jump into them and as they close, they are sent to another compartment in the same or different set of drawers. There are sofas that are modular, and can change shape or form that could help the heroes in different ways from slides, other furniture, tunnels, etc. There are also plenty of furniture forts that the heroes can use to hide from security cameras and guards being controlled by Eggman.

What do you all think?

34 minutes ago, Shiny Gems said:

or is it bedtime for them, permanently?

Yikes bro, that’s dark.

it seems like a kid’s dream come true! The playhouse feel really brings out the innocence of the area, i like it!

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Cyb3rkn1ght said:

Yikes bro, that’s dark.

it seems like a kid’s dream come true! The playhouse feel really brings out the innocence of the area, i like it!

Sorry, I ended up thinking too quickly when I thought of that.

Glad you liked the idea! Here is one more of mine from a long time ago.

Jumbling Jokes Zone

This whole zone takes place in a department store sized area somewhere in Sonic's world. However, this is not just any kind of department store here. This store is actually is a giant joke shop. That's right! This whole department store area is joke shop themed, and there are many funny things to be found throughout this zone. Unfortunately, Eggman has taken over the store itself, and he has turned all of the joke items into deadly obstacles and traps to defeat Sonic. So Sonic will have to avoid these traps as he goes after Eggman.

There are large rubber chicken items throughout this zone, and Sonic is able to grab hold of them and be launched into the air like a spring to reach high places. Another obstacle comes in the form of electric buzzers, and these buzzers, whenever Sonic steps on them, will shock him and cause him to lose all of the rings he has or even a life, so it is best to be careful not to step right onto these. There are also smoke bombs that go off whenever Sonic gets near one of them. They will obscure Sonic's view, making it hard to see things.

Some areas have large whoopie cushions around the zone, and whenever Sonic steps or stomps onto one of these things, they will fly off in a certain direction over a great distance, which is useful for Sonic to reach places he could not reach on his own. There are also squirting flowers that squirt water that can knock Sonic around. There are also giant bang guns that fire wen Sonic nears, only to let out a flag that says "bang", making them seem harmless. However, if Sonic stands in front of them for too long, they will fire the flag out and hit Sonic, which will harm him. Sonic also comes across jelly bean cans throughout the zone as well. When he stands on one, they will launch a snake like object that will launch Sonic into the air above. This can actually be useful to reach higher places above, actually. There are also chattering sets of teeth Sonic should watch out for.

What do you think?