Awoo.

Sonic Unleashed

Eternal EX

I'm almost certain that the Wii version reviewers are just less critical against the Wii version for the sole reason that, even for a downgraded version, it's still pretty good, and it makes better use of the Wii's capabilities than the 360/PS3 version does for it's respective consoles. As a single game, with no outside context such as console differences and space issues, Unleashed PS360 is better on most counts.

The Wii version is NOT a port! Sonic has all of his equipment, no hub, missing 2 lvls, Werehog doesn't have 95% of his combos, etc.

Sorry but anyway, I don't know what you mean by "Doesn't use the 360/PS3s compatibilities", the Hedgehog Engine made the game lag due to pushing the console to the limit.

Sorry but anyway, I don't know what you mean by "Doesn't use the 360/PS3s compatibilities", the Hedgehog Engine made the game lag due to pushing the console to the limit.

I'd agree to a point, I'd say the 360/PS3 version makes a far better attempt at pushing the boundaries of the hardware, there was nothing much in the Wii version that hasn't already been done in Sonic's other Wii adventures from a technical standpoint, certainly nothing that was (on a scale) more impressive than what was achieved in the 360/PS3 version. That said however I'm fairly certain the lag wasn't due to pushing the console to the limit (A circumstance which is very rare at this point in a console's lifespan, or indeed any point), a better statement would be that it was pushing ST's tech and current understanding of the hardware to the limit.

Edited by FeathersMcGraw

I'd agree to a point, I'd say the 360/PS3 version makes a far better attempt at pushing the boundaries of the hardware, there was nothing much in the Wii version that hasn't already been done in Sonic's other Wii adventures from a technical standpoint, certainly nothing that was (on a scale) more impressive than what was achieved in the 360/PS3 version. That said however I'm fairly certain the lag wasn't due to pushing the console to the limit (A circumstance which is very rare at this point in a console's lifespan, or indeed any point), a better statement would be that it was pushing ST's tech and current understanding of the hardware to the limit.

I do agree that the 360/PS3 version pushes the consoles boundry far. But the Lag is made due to that. The Wii version only has it in Apotos Act 2.

Drift isn't broken in the 360 version like Wii fanboys want you to believe

watch and learn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5NsYFcS0ZE

It's called PRACTICING, which you don't do on any Wii games, it's called a hardcore game, SEGA even said that. The Wii version is for the casuals and the 360/PS3 version is for the core gamers.

Edited by ShadikatRawr

The drift isn't broken, but it's pretty annoying to use if you don't pull it off at the exact moment you have to you have to, especially on that fucking Mazuri "drift-only" stage. I can't get more than a C on that because using the drift is pretty awful. I haven't played the Wii version, though I hear it's a bit better. I don't really care though, one optional level being bad isn't that big a deal when 95% of the rest of the game is better on the Xbox/Playstation.

It's called PRACTICING, which you don't do on any Wii games, it's called a hardcore game, SEGA even said that. The Wii version is for the casuals and the 360/PS3 version is for the core gamers.

I'd agree if not for the fact that you have to exactly time the drift to be 100% perfect with the angle of whatever turn you want to drift at. The drift is fine during pretty much every level I've played it on but the requirements for the "drift-only" levels aren't hardcore, they're just cheap. Otherwise yeah, most Wii are quite easy, though I wouldn't go as far as to say that absolutely every Wii game is piss-easy. Beating No More Heroes on Bitter mode was quite challenging, Super Mario Galaxy had it's share of difficult levels, and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess was quite difficult to people who haven't experienced many Zelda games before, the combat was piss easy but I got stuck on quite a few puzzles many-a-time.

Edited by Solid SOAP

The different is that the drift if more hook shaped in the 360 version, making it wider. It's somewhat like "?", if you know what I mean. The 360 game simply doesn't have the level design to cope with this shape however, especially noticeable in Cool Edge 3, Savannah Citadel 2 and Skyscraper Scamper 1. It is better in the respect trhat you can pull it off with the triggers I think though.

The different is that the drift if more hook shaped in the 360 version, making it wider. It's somewhat like "?", if you know what I mean. The 360 game simply doesn't have the level design to cope with this shape however, especially noticeable in Cool Edge 3, Savannah Citadel 2 and Skyscraper Scamper 1. It is better in the respect trhat you can pull it off with the triggers I think though.

did you watch this? the drift works fine.

You shouldn't need to practice a mechanic in a Sonic game to get even the most basic result from it. In fact, that goes for everything.

You shouldn't have to look up a vid on how to drift properly. Thats just stupid IMO.

I hate to sound like an elitist, but I don't think drifting in the PS3/360 version is that hard at all.

You shouldn't have to look up a vid on how to drift properly. Thats just stupid IMO.
You don't have to look it up- you just have to not suck at the game, or practice a little bit.
I'd agree if not for the fact that you have to exactly time the drift to be 100% perfect with the angle of whatever turn you want to drift at.
I would agree that the drift is very demanding, but so are pretty much all of the other obstacles in the daytime stages.

OK, enough.

Does anyone think SEGA have stopped releasing DLC? We haven't seen or heard about it in awhile.

Anyone who actually needed to watch a video on how to pull a trigger is officially retarded. I don't care if it takes practice to master a move in a game. People didn't care about Gears of War's stupid reloading mini game even though it took practice. If you're really going to complain about a game being too hard because you can't do one move, then go play Wii Sports. That way you can call yourself a gamer without having to use any form of coordination or skill.

Edited by Erazor

OK, enough.

Enough? Oh Im just getting started.

Anyways, drifting in Unleashed sucks. Everyone agree?

Edited by The 360©

did you watch this? the drift works fine.

>.>

All I was doing was explaining how it's different without passing on my opinion. But anyway... I prefer the 360 one. It felt more like a drift and less like standard turning. Drifting is supposed to be wide and loose. The comment about stage design not handling it is kinda true I think, since if you don't pull it off perfectly or don't stop boosting, death can be at the end of it. Rooftop Run 1, Jungle Joyride 1 and Savannah Citadel 1 all used the drift rather well because you were allowed space for error.

Does anyone think SEGA have stopped releasing DLC? We haven't seen or heard about it in awhile.

I personally don't think so because it wouldn't make sense for them to stop releasing packs when they haven't done all the continents yet.

OK, enough.

No, they haven't. We'll see more soon, I can guarantee that. And the PSN store just got updated last week- how can you say we haven't seen it in a while?

I wanted to participate in the drifting debate :( Oh well.

But anyway, yeah there should definitely be Adabat or Empire City DLC this week, or maybe even both like Apotos and Shamar. I'm betting that the reason they didn't put it up last week is because of E3, either they wanted full concentration on their new announcements or they just didn't get around to it.

Eggman-Land DLC+Commentary+1st try=Funniest Video Of The Year.

And why is that the funniest vid? I mean maybe if you had a link or something.... *HINT*

The Wii version's drift is easier to pull off, but the 360 version's, while still quite doable, is harder and more satisfying to pull off.

That's my take on it.

The Wii version's drift is easier to pull off, but the 360 version's, while still quite doable, is harder and more satisfying to pull off.

That's my take on it.

oww i thought of it like this. The wii version had a more polished drift and 360 one sucked ass Edited by Jaouad

You just suck at games if you can't drift right in the 360 version. PRACTICE, and don't ever go playing any non Sonic Team actual SEGA(not the shovelware) games, you would die, they are much harder then drifting in Sonic Unleashed 360.