Awoo.

Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam

Klinsy

One other thing that'd be awesome is if during the course of the game, instead of it being entirely new bosses all the way through, They could throw in some random older bosses from older Paper Mario games. Like Hooktail or Huff N. Puff. It'd be super awesome to see them all new and improved...

Plus potentially awesome remixes, *coughcough*

One other thing that'd be awesome is if during the course of the game, instead of it being entirely new bosses all the way through, They could throw in some random older bosses from older Paper Mario games. Like Hooktail or Huff N. Puff. It'd be super awesome to see them all new and improved...

Plus potentially awesome remixes, *coughcough*

Oh man, we totally need to see a return of Rawk Hawk and/or the Glitz Pit. He had one of the best pieces of boss battle music in TTYD, hands down:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-lmaPnnD4g

While I expect there won't be too many throwbacks to either franchise's history beyond the core cast and typical enemies, I would love for them to celebrate some of their finest moments in this crossover. This game is such a surprising notion in itself, absolutely anything could happen really...!

On a side note, Paper Jam will in a way act as a 15th anniversary title for the Paper Mario series in North America and Europe, as the original N64 game launched in 2001 in those regions. Technically it's the 16th anniversary because it came out in Japan in 2000 first, but... eh! I want them to have any and all excuse to really go all out and make this the best damn Mario RPG they possibly can!

• Thumbs Up 1

if there's one boss that I would buy this game for just to see show up from the paper Mario series it would have to be

mr L

https://youtu.be/iy0vLdOYY9Y

granted the chances are low that this would happen BUT note we did not see paper luigi meaning he could show up as mr L at first

we could even have a Mario papercraft vs mr l brobot l type boss in the gameMr_l_and_brobot_l_type.jpg

again chances are this won't happen but i'm still going to hope that will happen :D

• 3 months later...

Amiibos confirmed to work in Paper Jam, to be specific anything in the Super Mario line and any other amiibo of the characters in it.

They'll give you cards to help you out in battle, assuming relating to the character you use.

... Maybe we can get Paper Luigi as a summon.

Just give me a Paper Mario amiibo....

But it's cool that this game is having amiibo support!

The game's also been announced for a December 3rd release in Japan, so with any luck the rest of us should have it by maybe February (unless they pull a Bowser's Inside Story on us).  To be honest, I'd completely forgotten the game existed, but it is pretty much a 2016 game, after all, so there's not much point focussing on it before Christmas.  I hope it's better than the previous game in either series, anyway, but I'm feeling fairly optimistic for some reason.

I loved the previous games in the series so I'm pretty optimistic. Just hoping it's a bit more challenging than BiS and DT, but not AS challenging as Superstar Saga starting from Joke's End.

Amiibo support is awesome, too.

The game's also been announced for a December 3rd release in Japan, so with any luck the rest of us should have it by maybe February (unless they pull a Bowser's Inside Story on us).  To be honest, I'd completely forgotten the game existed, but it is pretty much a 2016 game, after all, so there's not much point focussing on it before Christmas.  I hope it's better than the previous game in either series, anyway, but I'm feeling fairly optimistic for some reason.

Let's hope they don't do that, since Dream Team had a mostly universal release (save for the couple of weeks delay in North America, I assume because NoA is NoA).

Edited by Conando

Let's hope they don't do that, since Dream Team had a mostly universal release (save for the couple of weeks delay in North America, I assume because NoA is NoA).

They did it best with Superstar Saga back on the GBA, which somehow managed to get a practically simultaneous release, hitting all regions in less than a fortnight.  Partners In Time came out in a seemingly random three-month spread from January to February - I'm looking at the release dates on Wikipedia, and bizarrely, it came out in North America first but hit the U.K. (separately from Europe!) and Australia last despite the fact that they probably just got the same version as the U.S.  Bowser's Inside Story, on the other hand, seems to have taken more than half a year to leave Japan, while for Dream Team, it was, as you say, virtually simultaneous but for about a month's delay to North America.  (Sticker Star came out everywhere in less than a month, but who cares about Sticker Star.)

With the exception of Bowser's Inside Story, which was pretty obviously released in Japan before they began localising it for everywhere else, it seems everything has had an essentially simultaneous release with variations for regional markets according probably to what else is on sale at the time.  There's reason to be hopeful for Paper Jam being a very, very early 2016 title indeed.  A shoo-in for any 2015 Nintendo Directs we may get.

I think we'll be getting a Direct within the next few weeks. At the latest by October 16th, since apparently there's a big Splatoon update dropping. We'll probably hear about new Smash characters and various game news, like Mario Tennis, Amiibo Festival, and Paper Jam then.

• 2 weeks later...

CRT9cHSU8AAmG88.jpgCRT9cCFUYAAdh6o.jpg

Double Bowser Jr and Toadette, I think this is their first big role in the Mario & Luigi series.

I hope Paper Toadette shows up, it would be a cool callback to Thousand Year Door.

• Thumbs Up 6

Isn't it weird we're seeing all these other characters in both normal and paper form, but haven't seen Paper Luigi yet? Like what's that all about? (Unless Paper Luigi shows up in the same way he did in past titles like Thousand Year Door, just sitting in the backdrop talking about his accomplishments... that'd be cool I think.)

A lot of my excitement died after I got around to finishing Dream Team (easily my least liked M&L game, save for a fairly enjoyable finale) and playing Sticker Star earlier this year. Seeing that this game appears to be drawing elements from Sticker Star and little from other PM titles, it's a little draining to have to be reminded of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

A lot of my excitement died after I got around to finishing Dream Team (easily my least liked M&L game, save for a fairly enjoyable finale) and playing Sticker Star earlier this year. Seeing that this game appears to be drawing elements from Sticker Star and little from other PM titles, it's a little draining to have to be reminded of it.

Agreed. I had fun with Dream Team, but it was a huge step down from the previous games in the series. I really, really hope that AlphaDream took note of the missteps they took and rectified them, but Paper Jam feels a little too much like it that I'm worried.

• Thumbs Up 1

CRT9cHSU8AAmG88.jpgCRT9cCFUYAAdh6o.jpg

Double Bowser Jr and Toadette, I think this is their first big role in the Mario & Luigi series.

I hope Paper Toadette shows up, it would be a cool callback to Thousand Year Door.

Look like six worlds if you don't count Peach's Castle. But I have a feeling some action will happen here to warrant it as a mini world of its own. Dream Team was my first M & L game and I love it regardless of what some may say of it. And by the looks of it I can't wait to play this one as well.

There's no way Paper Luigi isn't showing up, especially if they're making a paper version of Bowser Jr.

• Thumbs Up 1

A part of me wants to see Paper Koopalings / Koopalings in the game. I also want out there kind of enemies not just the regular fair even if the game is set again in the Mushroom Kingdom.

If Paper Luigi shows up and he talks then that would force Nintendo to acknowledge that the first three Paper Mario games did something right and there's no way they want to go about doing that

I'm not expecting him to appear. It's the fact that he talks, which Nintendo may not want considering M&L Luigi is mute and is closer to the standard Mario canon, that I feel is holding back any substantial appearance by him. He might have background cameos though. I'm more concerned about the NPCs this time; they all seem to be Toads again...

Man. All these good business decisions that Nintendo of Europe are making.

What about Nintendo of America you ask? Well, uh.

WL2v3JR.png

Pretty sure that's not going to be the case anymore, but it might release in January.

Oh wow, it's coming out this year now?! I know what to put on my Christmas list, then!

I can't say I'm as excited about Paper Jam (or Paper Jam Bros, I suppose I should start calling it, being a Brit an' all...) as I would like to be following Sticker Star and some of the decisions in Dream Team, but on the whole I'm still intrigued to see how the two Mario RPG worlds stack up next to each other. I'm sure a lot of people who were unsure about it might be more willing to give it a chance now anyway, seeing as it'll make a good stocking filler even if it doesn't end up being the extraordinary adventure that it ought to be.

Huh, I could've sworn this was announced for next year. Cool, though. Hopefully I can afford this.

And hopefully they pull back on tutorials.