Awoo.

Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games

Carbo

On 1/2/2016 at 0:18 PM, VEDJ-F said:

On 1/2/2016 at 11:12 AM, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

On 1/2/2016 at 11:12 AM, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

On 1/2/2016 at 0:18 PM, VEDJ-F said:

1 hour ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

See, here's the difference. In Free Riders, Shadow's dickery is just him boasting about how much he's the best, and just being competitive. Because ya know, its a competition.

Boom Shadow's problem isn't so much he's a dick, its that's he's a dick and nothing else. He doesn't do much of anything whenever he shows up, so he really doesn't stand out as his much better established main series counterpart. I would like Shadow's Boom incarnation a lot more if they actually bothered to do something with him.

Spoiler

No the problems kind of the type of dick he is. Shadow's a character who's backstory and why he is who is is, actually sells that character. He is a very unique charter in sonic in general a person so popular than despite not being in games gets constant requests, and he's popular for a bunch of different reasons. One reason is that he is one of the few sonic characters that go through an actual arc, several times. And one of the issues people encounter is that boom shadow goes against everything they found appealing about the character. That he wasn't really a rival character, he wasn't like knuckles is often portrayed even in his debut untill the end he kind of isn't thinking about sonic, he's sort of about his business. So when boom turns the guy into , " i'm stronger than you vegeta, but vegeta none the less " , the question comes to why use this character? Yeah the usual response is " boom is a difference universe" yeah sure but, its a product they are trying to sell this to me, they are using shadow to illicit a specific response because he is infact very popular. So if you are trying to sell this to me, why make that character... not appealing? Like even if you are going to make a change, having a baseline understanding of why that character is liked, would help for you to make a twist on a character. But when you just make that twist , and one so bad that the detractors of that characters call you out on our bullshit, it comes off as  bad a sort of desperate in a way. 

Along with that , your point too, there is no explanation.  Alot of the appeal of the character, is that he comes with an explanation, his explanation drives his character, and who is. Why a lot of people view him, despite being labeled as " dark" is  a hero. His inclusion in the last episode of boom, and rise of lyric confused me. IIzuka said himself, and other people about shadow, heck the sonic boom show runners said that " when we introduce shadow, we wanna make it special " and that makes sense, because him actually having a story is why he was cool. Things were gray, a lot of us were 12,  point is that was sort of the differentiation between him and sonic who in all honesty, just a dude... hedgehog person.Back to my point, it reads as sort of desperate I guess? And maybe his appearances as of currently aren't actually his debut in sonic boom, and he will make a proper appearance later, possibly next year with all those sonic boom shadow toys coming out. 

To end this off, oddly enough Sonic boom shattered crystal has the most accurate and good portrayal of boom shadow, and most of it isn't even in the game, its in a prequel to the game comic. Where shadow is actually attacking lyric by himself, because he's actually super self righteous. That, that's an actual interesting explanation for shadow being an asshole and thinking he's better than everyone.  Sort of like royalty, or like a rich kid , which would explain why his gear is way better than everyone's who's gear is being held up with tape. And why he was snooping in rise of lyric, heck even the boss fight maybe he even wanted sonic to fight him. And at the end of the game, he works with team sonic, sharing a minuscule , tiny, microscopic character moment with knuckles and leaving before sonic foreshadows ( hehehehehehe) the future.  that game has a better shadow than the other two appearances, and he's mind controlled for a lot of it. It doesn't even take a lot of explanation, it really just needs some context. 

Shadow's disdain in boom is for couple reasons, response in spoiler its a bit long. 

1 hour ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Yea, I don't mind Shadow & Rouge being antagonistic because they...actually are kind of assholes for the most part.

eh actually I would make the argument outside of his initial apperence, shadow isn't that big of an asshole. Every sonic character that isn't cream is kind of an asshole, knuckles being a particularly big one I mentioned in the archie thread.  

That said While I don't know about him being antagonistic, because his goal is to help people. Things being gray, sure , yeah go ahead. I him having to fight because folks have different goals in mind, sure i'm down. 

Shadow has always been a boastful guy. Remember "I'm the coolest!" in SA2?

Problem with Boom!Shadow is that there's no rhyme or reason given to why he acts the way he does, but hopefully we'll get some kind of explanation in season 2.

23 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

I haven't even played Free Riders and I know that much. She's mostly just yelling at...well, pretty much everyone. 

It did the same thing Battle did for the most part. Took the Amy "fangirl/girlfreind/wannabe waifu/angry girl" thing and cranked it up to 12. She was so high strung and trigger happy that she could do nothing but scream, threaten and badger poor Vector and everyone within shouting distance.

Free riders butchered quite a few characters like that. It wasn't the first culprit though (*cough* battle *cough* Chronicles)

Okay, so it turns out I may have been slightly off about a couple of the rivalries; the mobile version of the page makes the rivalries clearer, and it's Daisy to Knuckles and Birdo to Cream there. Those...actually also fit, arguably moreso within the context of other dynamics. Daisy is pretty much always seen as a partner to Peach, and with the Sonic and Tails dynamic often central, this often makes Amy and Knuckles the second ones (see Generations, Lost World, Boom). Birdo and Cream only share girliness superficially, but with Yoshi's rival being Blaze, they're both regarded as default partners by their respective franchises.

Oddly enough, that means it's the opposite to rivalling Cream with Daisy.

Okay, so it turns out I may have been slightly off about a couple of the rivalries; the mobile version of the page makes the rivalries clearer, and it's Daisy to Knuckles and Birdo to Cream there. Those...actually also fit, arguably moreso within the context of other dynamics. Daisy is pretty much always seen as a partner to Peach, and with the Sonic and Tails dynamic often central, this often makes Amy and Knuckles the second ones (see Generations, Lost World, Boom). Birdo and Cream only share girliness superficially, but with Yoshi's rival being Blaze, they're both regarded as default partners by their respective franchises.

Oddly enough, that means it's the opposite to rivalling Cream with Daisy.

SAY WHAT!? God dammit that makes no sense! Daisy and Cream have way more in common with each other, as I outlined in a previous post, but their having Cream be BIRDO'S rival!?

And Cream is considered Blaze's default partner? ...That does it. Rush is now officially in my list for most hated games. Cream was supposed to be Amy's default partner but that stupid game decided to have her be one with Blaze and now apparently that's permanent. Cream is no longer Amy's "Tails", she's Blaze's sister figure now. Fuck that game and fuck SEGA for further promoting it in this game, which I was heavily anticipating.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yoshi's rival should've been Espio, since they're both the best.

If it makes you any happier, Kaotic Kanine, Cream and Blaze will never be in the same mainline game enough to be a Sonic & Tails equivalent.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh yeah, and I post-post noticed that Wario and Waluigi to Silver and Shadow were switched too. Since Shadow and Waluigi are very similar in abilities to their rivals while Silver and Wario are heavily divergent, this way also makes sense. 

Spoiler

Bowser Jr>Yoshi for me. I love my Yoshi, but Bowser Jr is so much more adorable.

3 hours ago, Kaotic Kanine said:

SAY WHAT!? God dammit that makes no sense! Daisy and Cream have way more in common with each other, as I outlined in a previous post, but their having Cream be BIRDO'S rival!?

And Cream is considered Blaze's default partner? ...That does it. Rush is now officially in my list for most hated games. Cream was supposed to be Amy's default partner but that stupid game decided to have her be one with Blaze and now apparently that's permanent. Cream is no longer Amy's "Tails", she's Blaze's sister figure now. Fuck that game and fuck SEGA for further promoting it in this game, which I was heavily anticipating.

Its a video game man, calm down.

• Thumbs Up 6

Its a video game man, calm down.

I am the Kaotic Kanine! Calm goes against my nature! DX

lol Okay, serious talk, I know it's a game and I shouldn't take it so seriously. Unfortunately, I'm a very emotional (and immature) person and because this franchise and it's certain characters, Cream in this case, are very personal to me, it's hard for me to not rage out when what I perceive as an injustice against the character occurs. I wish I wasn't like this but if SEGA is keeps "mistreating" the characters I honestly love, I'm going to voice my discontent with passion no matter how misplaced it is

On 1/5/2016 at 1:03 PM, Kaotic Kanine said:

I am the Kaotic Kanine! Calm goes against my nature! DX

lol Okay, serious talk, I know it's a game and I shouldn't take it so seriously. Unfortunately, I'm a very emotional (and immature) person and because this franchise and it's certain characters, Cream in this case, are very personal to me, it's hard for me to not rage out when what I perceive as an injustice against the character occurs. I wish I wasn't like this but if SEGA is keeps "mistreating" the characters I honestly love, I'm going to voice my discontent with passion no matter how misplaced it is

But hey, that's just a theory...

a GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME THEORY!

• Thumbs Up 1

Still no Wii U release huh? Maybe it's going to come out closer to the start of the Rio Olympics. =S

Or it's been cancelled!

I doubt that, the primary goal of these games are to advertise the olympics, coming out so long after is pointless. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On January 3, 2016 at 4:49 PM, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Yea, I don't mind Shadow & Rouge being antagonistic because they...actually are kind of assholes for the most part.

They said later this year so during the summer around the time the actual olympics start.

• Thumbs Up 1

If it's coming to the states on that day, then hopefully a Europe release isn't too far away from that.

It'd be something interesting to play over the Easter break.

3 hours ago, Gabz Girl said:

Still no Wii U release huh? Maybe it's going to come out closer to the start of the Rio Olympics. =S

Or it's been cancelled!

3 hours ago, Hogfather said:

Its gone to the NX... along with Zelda.

Nah, you're all pessimisitic, console games have a longer development time, especially if all the new characters are available in the main game, it's going to  be a massive amount of animating

• Thumbs Up 2

lol that's WAY after the Olympics! It won't even be relevant anymore by then. Neither will the Wii U for that matter if NX comes out soon after. >>

30 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

If that's Germany, September 8th? Weirdly late.

August 9th. Ruki185 used the American format. The article uses the European one and says 09.08.2016.

The article has also updated saying the dates have been removed.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Marcello said:

August 9th. Ruki185 used the American format. The article uses the European one and says 09.08.2016.

The article has also updated saying the dates have been removed.

Ah, okay. Was on the mobly so couldn't get into the article itself. 

That makes a bit more sense given that the Olympics are in August.