Awoo.

The LEGO Dimensions topic

Inkling Cooper

Ooh. I'm thinking that we'll be seeing some new franchises enter the fray soon? (Also, I'm willing to bet that the next 'mini-teasers' will just be a line each from Gandalf and Wyldstyle.)

Not surprised to see Dimensions getting some new waves of content, and very pleased about it I am too. Even if my wallet cries for mercy.

If the rumours about Sonic being in this are true, then I am gonna be all over that shizz. Can't resist me some awesome minifigs and level packs.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Sonic confirmed, "rolled" can be nothing else

My only thought though is: why would Sonic be in a cave...?

Not that I'm doubting the rumours are true, being the 25th anniversary year an' all that, just doesn't obviously scream Sonic to me at the moment. Maybe he's just one of several new characters joining the fray in the next wave.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Doctor MK said:

My only thought though is: why would Sonic be in a cave...?

Not that I'm doubting the rumours are true, being the 25th anniversary year an' all that, just doesn't obviously scream Sonic to me at the moment. Maybe he's just one of several new characters joining the fray in the next wave.

Cave could be story related. Also using the adjective rolling when the teaser doesn't have the batmobile, seems like a really obvious Sonic tease since he's famous for rolling.

New tease from the LEGO Dimensions Twitter

"Only I can live forever"

"I'm a true riddle"

Or perhaps... a true Riddle? My money is on Lord Voldemort (and by extension, Harry Potter stuff) for this one. Whether or not this is unrelated to the first teaser though is yet to be seen!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Doctor MK said:

New tease from the LEGO Dimensions Twitter

"Only I can live forever"

"I'm a true riddle"

Or perhaps... a true Riddle? My money is on Lord Voldemort (and by extension, Harry Potter stuff) for this one. Whether or not this is unrelated to the first teaser though is yet to be seen!

wouldn't surprise me,also I noticed behind the batman teaser that there are montains showing from outside the cave correct me if i'm wrong but was hogwarts castle near a montain system in the harry potter series?

54 minutes ago, kirby1up said:

wouldn't surprise me,also I noticed behind the batman teaser that there are montains showing from outside the cave correct me if i'm wrong but was hogwarts castle near a montain system in the harry potter series?

That does ring a bell to me yeah, and either way, I'm confident that Harry Potter will make it into the game one way or another.

However...

Watching the Batman teaser back again, if you pause at just the right moment it kind of looks like the "mountains" outside actually go around in a big loop, you can just about make out the top of it in this screenshot (click to enlarge):

Picture1_zpskuxkbehl.png

Assuming that's not just an optical illusion or I'm purposely reading way too much into things... that could totally be a Green Hill style loop-de-loop. Doesn't explain the cave or why there's no checkerboard design or anything, but it's some small glimmer of hope?

Batman's "what took you so long?" remark might also be a snarky comment, given Sonic's supposed speed. Guess we'll find out on Thursday!

Hmm... notice that they put emphasis on both 'Forever' and 'Riddle'. And the previous teaser only had Batman.

Batman... Forever...

Yeah, I'm gonna be Mr. Boring and just guess that a playable Riddler will be at least part of the big reveal. With that said, I'm certain we'll be seeing new franchises as the main attraction. Harry Potter seems like a given (I'd wager Nexo Knights being there, too) but if Sonic IS in this, then I'll be ecstatic!

• Thumbs Up 1

thinking about it @Captain Metallix does bring up a good question some of the npc's/bosses from before could show up as new playable figures 

for example there's

• Lord Business
  • Lex Luthor
  • Master Chen
  • Sauron
  • General Zod

as boss characters i could see work as playable figures

(not counting batman baddies because something tells me they will get figures regardless down the line)

Come to think of it, "Can you unlock the secret?" could also refer to the Chamber of Secrets.

• Thumbs Up 2

This is the full list of rumoured new franchises, according to GoNintendo

• Sonic 
  • Harry Potter 
  • Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them 
  • Adventure Time 
  • Ghostbusters Reboot 
  • Mission Impossible 
  • Teen Titans 
  • The Goonies 
  • Powerpuff Girls

Seeing as Harry Potter (and possibly Sonic) look all but confirmed now, this seems like it'll be pretty legit. Ghostbusters seems a no-brainer at least seeing as they've already got the originals in there anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Doctor MK said:

This is the full list of rumoured new franchises, according to GoNintendo

• Sonic 
  • Harry Potter 
  • Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them 
  • Adventure Time 
  • Ghostbusters Reboot 
  • Mission Impossible 
  • Teen Titans 
  • The Goonies 
  • Powerpuff Girls

Seeing as Harry Potter (and possibly Sonic) look all but confirmed now, this seems like it'll be pretty legit. Ghostbusters seems a no-brainer at least seeing as they've already got the originals in there anyway.

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE

I mean yeah I've only seen the latest two films but c'mon, that's awesome!

Honestly, kinda hope GBR doesn't get a level pack(personally I wouldn't even think it should merit an adventure world)

Mission Impossible would be sick, but I'm actually kinda hoping it's based off the Tv show rather than the movie, or better yet a mix of both because then you would get a cool action balance between the movies more solo action and the shows team action.

Also Harry Potter and FB&WTFT being separate is kinda annoying to me with all the other IP's they could put in(or even actual Lego IP's) and the latter could easily suffice with a team pack.

Final thought, most of what these leaks have been is licensed Ip's anyone else think we could still see a few LEGO Ip's that have been kept under wraps because there's less external leak points? That and hopefully that isn't all of the worlds in Series 2. Guess we'll find out on thursday. That and the uninformed may not be able to identify them unlike iconic IP's

well here are some of the lego themes i can see in lego dimensions aside from lego city

Spoiler

latest?cb=20130316112319

latest?cb=20091121201831

File:Dino Island logo.png

latest?cb=20160515135657

I would add Knights kingdom but nexo knighs is more likely at the moment

if we were lucky then some of the lego game ip characters might could get added

Spoiler

LEGOISLAND.jpg

149664-lego-racers-nintendo-64-front-cov

LegoCityUndercover.jpg

latest?cb=20120428073145

yeah that last one is wishful thinking on my part ;-; 

Assuming these turn out to be true:

- With the Ghostbusters reboot, they may just release the characters (or perhaps just one figure for all 4, like Venkman and the classic crew). I don't really see a lot of variety coming from having a second ghost-infested New York for a new Adventure World to explore.

- I'm no Harry Potter world expert (as evident by me not noticing the tease is more related to Voldemort) but... does Fantastic Beasts actually involve going to Hogwarts at all? If not, then perhaps it would have a different area to serve as its Adventure World, since it's pretty much a given that HP will use Hogwarts.

- That said, I think I'll be pretty disappointed if about half of these 'new franchises' really are just different takes on the same/similar worlds (DC & Teen Titans, Harry Potter & Fantastic Beasts, Ghostbusters & ...Ghostbusters).

3 minutes ago, kirby1up said:

well here are some of the lego themes i can see in lego dimensions aside from lego city

Hide contents

latest?cb=20130316112319

latest?cb=20091121201831

File:Dino Island logo.png

latest?cb=20160515135657

I would add Knights kingdom but nexo knighs is more likely at the moment

if we were lucky then some of the lego game ip characters might could get added

Hide contents

LEGOISLAND.jpg

149664-lego-racers-nintendo-64-front-cov

LegoCityUndercover.jpg

latest?cb=20120428073145

yeah that last one is wishful thinking on my part ;-; 

You forgot Rock Raiders and Bionicles! Forgot about Exoforce though, that'd be cool to revive

Speaking of new things in lego dimensions!

look whats on the witch 

Spoiler

spoilers its Gizmo from

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvtUpUVPwkeQKqVOIpeWk

4 minutes ago, kirby1up said:

Speaking of new things in lego dimensions!

look whats on the witch 

Hide contents

spoilers its Gizmo from

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvtUpUVPwkeQKqVOIpeWk

Also new story clip, which means we're getting some kind of story pack. Also that didn't look like any of the currently in-game worlds

Theory right now is the world is from Adventure Time. It kinda resembles it, I think? Haven't watched the show in ages though.

People are saying that the background looks similar to a 'Pillow World' from Adventure Time. And given the very cartoon-y background design... yep, looks to me like the Land of Ooo may very well be joining the dimensional crisis.

• Thumbs Up 1

I honestly have never watched adventure time before but based on some of the tweets thoughts on the location and the fact we know that hand drawn worlds have a specific design system to them I Bealive this is in fact adventure time more specificly Pillow land  d8c47d58f.png

also it appears we weren't mean't to see Gizmo due to the original post having been removed and the clip has removed the first few seconds where his face is visible 

in any case since the leaked list is looking more and more Legit i've decided to update the list with what we now know

71242 GB 1
71243 HP 1 "Harry Potter"
71244 S1 "Sonic...?"
71245 AT 1 "Adventure Time"
71246 AT 2 "Adventure Time fun pack?"
71247 HP 2 "Harry Potter fun pack?"
71248 MI
71249 AT 3 "Adventure Time fun pack again?"
71250 GB 2
71251 Mr T
71252 KR
71253 FB 1
71254 TTG 1
71255 TTG 2
71256 GR 1 "I'll assume this stands for GRemlins"
71257 FB 2
71258 ET 1 
71259 Connectable 1
71260 Connectable 2
71261 Connectable 3
71262 Connectable 4
71263 Connectable 5

My thoughts:Yeah, Mr T is likely just that, and making him the focus works fine, he's an iconic 80's character, and him and his Van from A-team as a fun pack worlds. Personally I still love the Mission Impossible idea.. same with Knight Rider. Also This is likely wave 1(and maybe 2). Since this fits the size of a first wave. Also perhaps ET isn't ET but rather A Lego IP instead? One other thought, what if Connectable means multiple use, like amiibo, like Nintendo crossover character? or perhaps it's something else, I'm really not sure. Also this may not be all that's shown, but rather what was planned for the first release