Awoo.

The LEGO Dimensions topic

Inkling Cooper

1 minute ago, SurrealBrain said:

Am I looking at this right? If what I'm seeing is true, then my dream of seeing Sonic and Mr. T in the same game has finally become a reality.

Yup! You are not seeing things!

Your dream is now a reality. Now Sonic can join the A-Team. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

When you're really out of options, when you have no one to call. And I mean no one else. Like Big the Cat would be a bigger help at this point., and if you can promise them a new anime to steal, then you can hire this team... In fact don't call these guys. They're bloody useless.

CALL THE SPEED TEAM

270?cb=20120203141628 

THE LOOKS

295427ab305d0ff2922eef65050240d1.jpg 

THE BRAINS

latest?cb=20111215224416 

THE TOUGH ONE

latest?cb=20120418153904&path-prefix=de

THE CRAZY ONE

THE SPEED TEAM.

IN HINDSIGHT, THEY SHOULD BE THE U TEAM BECAUSE THEY ARE FLAT OUT USELESS.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Failinhearts said:

Dammit, why do they do this to us? Like, the backlash of the D23 King Mickey Power Disc should've been a warning for all Toys-To-Life companies that keeping away such an important and unique item is kind of a bad idea. Now Green Arrow too?

Ugh...

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/in-lego-dimensions-there-are-no-rules-at-e3-2016/2300-6432998/

Anyway, apparently in this interview, Marceline from Adventure Time is confirmed to be in a Fun Pack.

That's now FOUR characters from Adventure Time.

I definitely think Sonic is going to get a similar treatment.

Found a video that shows info.

Mission Impossible: Level Pack

Adventure Time Finn: Level Pack

Adventure Time Jake: Team Pack (With Lumpy Space Princess) Adventure Time is also Cell-Shaded

Mr T: Fun Pack

Harry Potter: Team Pack (With Voldermort)

Ghostbusters: Story Pack (It tells the entirety of the new Ghostbusters movie with six levels)

You can also use items from Year 1 with Year 2 (If Gizmo eats a scooby snack, he'll turn evil)

All packs also comes with a battle arena. Harry Potter comes with a Quiddich field

Wave Six contains: Female Ghostbuster, Gizmo, Evil Gizmo, Jake, Finn, LSP, Harry, Voldermort, Mission Impossible (Don't know the character's name :P).

You can now hire heroes as well.

You also get a new Ghostbusters themed portal.

@Ryannumber1gamer

The Hire-A-Hero thing was always in the game.

Anyway, I'm not sure Gizmo and Stripe are Wave 6. Their pre-orders aren't up unlike the others. They were probably just showing off characters from future waves.

However, Abby, Jake, Finn, Lumpy, Harry, Voldemort, B.A Baracus and Ethan Hunt are indeed a part of Wave 6. The new Ghostbusters Gateway comes with the Story Pack, but it's just an overlay to replace the original Gateway on your Toy Pad.

thinking about it there was about 41 minifigures (not including the starter pack) for the first year of lego dimensions

we currently only know of 23 possible figures that will show up so i think its safe to say that we can speculate on what characters could get minifigure releases i'm hoping for a rex fury figure myself

also as far as the green arrow figure goes i will note this isn't new for lego to have convention exclusive stuff and lego does have experience with giveaways or contests in the past so i have more faith in them making sure there are plently of oportunitys for obtaining green arrow

• 1 month later...

lego dimension news update bump 

figured i'd give a update on smaller details that have been revealed in the last couple of weeks

• more teen titans go figures other then beast boy and revan have yet to be revealed,the lego batman cyborg figure will change to ttg cyborg when used in a ttg level ( this could be refering to the adventure hub or a unconfirmed ttg lvl pack) it seems their taking their time designing ravens gameplay which will be interesting to see link to video source here
  • also some news from a interview have new info for those of us that don't own green arrow  "We haven’t given him anything that blocks anything – there are no gold bricks available. But he will be available digitally, eventually, through the Hire-a-Hero feature,” McLoughlin says. Simply put – you’ll be able to pay a small amount of studs to play as both.
  • a confirmation that supergirl will be a event figure as well 

“Yep, it’ll be the same [for her] down the line,” McLoughlin affirms [Speaking of playing as her digitally]. “We have an event for her later on.”

• and it turns out theres a good reason for lord vortech being on that banner for year 2  “At one point we were going to do Lord Vortech as well,” McLoughlin reveals, “but we haven’t… he’s not done yet.”
  • and when asked about the year one franchises they had this to say 

We are not planning on revisiting any of the season one IPs yet,” he tells me. “This isn’t to say that it’s totally off the cards though as a few of them do interest us and could easily be revisited in the future. We have great relations between the IP holders and Lego so bringing new characters from older ranges shouldn’t be an issue.

“[That said], we will be using the TARDIS to get to new areas in season two. I don’t think we’ve designed them yet as they are for later levels, but we’re planning on doing at least two. And two DeLorean spots as well.”

These new areas will be accessed via a fresh hub, named the Shard, which will also link back to the year one hub so those worlds can continue to be accessed. It is again based in space, and the idea is it will be on one of the fractured pieces of planet seen in the background of the old hub. full article can be found here

• also we now know what the next story pack will look like thanks to this image

Fantastic-Beasts-Story-Pack.png

• also thanks to the sonic v superman photo twitter leak we also know of a possible fantastic beasts fun pack character  Fu8360X.jpg

• but meanwhile in official news marceline's fun pack has been officially revealed to be a toys r us exclusive for 2016

Marceline Fun Pack

discription from toys r us 

• Keep the Adventure Time™ party rocking in the LEGO® DIMENSIONS™ multiverse with Marceline the Vampire Queen!
  • Build and place her on the LEGO Toy Pad to send her into the game with her Sonar Smash and Bolt Deflector abilities using the Marceline Axe Guitar.
  • Activate her Telekinesis and Teleport skills to make your way through the Adventure Time Adventure World and Battle Arena.
  • Build and use Marceline's Lunatic Amp to make some noise, and rebuild it into the Shadow Scorpion and Heavy Metal Monster when you need even more power.
  • Exclusively at Toys R Us in 2016.

odds are we will get more news later this week but i figured i'd bring you guys up to speed on the news since its been awhile

• Thumbs Up 1

Hermione from Harry Potter has been confirmed for a Fun Pack! 

• Thumbs Up 2

though this was posted on the sonic lego dimensions topic i figured i'd repost it here due to the large amount of adventure time/gremlins/ET gameplay shown/talked about

but man does finn jake and sonic seem overpowered in this game i'm starting to think that Chase McCain will have all 7 of his disguises in lego dimensions at this point.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Failinhearts said:

Hermione from Harry Potter has been confirmed for a Fun Pack! 

One of the first IP's announced with only a set amount of characters? New Fun Pack announced later? What does this remind you of?

I'd be shocked if we didn't get Team/Fun Packs for Sonic later.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sadly I don't think the U-team  But it looks like the ghostbusters aren't the only ones with multiple playable characters now

anyways enjoy this stop motion trailer that was shown yesterday at comic con

I remember hearing somewhere that Sloth can also allow you to play as each of the Goonies as well.

But that is a neat trailer. I guess they made it to make sure smaller kids know what the hell The A-Team even is, so they got a character most kids know: Lumpy Space Princess to introduce B.A Baracus and the others.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Failinhearts said:

I remember hearing somewhere that Sloth can also allow you to play as each of the Goonies as well.

looks like  Arthur Parsons confirmed what kind of pack sloth will be in lego dimensions

well thats it going to start working on a franchise wish list

what are some franchises/characters you guys would like to see show up in lego dimensions ?

Despite me not being a huge fan of the show, I think Nexo Knights has lots of potential for Dimensions and is a great way to attract people to both brands if they include special Nexo Powers only unlockable through Dimensions.

lego_nexo_knights_1400x8001.jpg?w=1421&h

Dimensions collectors will want to download the free Nexo Knights app to scan the powers while fans will want to get the Dimensions sets to get theses powers.

Plus, especially seeing how Finn plays with multiple swords and gadgets, the Nexo Knights can use the power system to make them rather versatle in-game.

Hopefuly they get added soon.

yeah I think they would look good in lego dimensions,though also wonder how popular it is among the lego fans.

also here's my weird franchise wish list at the moment

Lego Dimensions Franchise wish list by kirby1up

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we're a month out from Series 2. Personally I plan to get Ghostbusters Story pack, the MI Level Pack, and the A-team Fun Pack.Those are the ones from wave 6 I really want, I'm neither a Adventure Time, or Harry Potter fan, although I may get the former's level pack eventually on a 50% off deal. Also, we've got wave 7 info as well

I've got the Sonic the Hedgehog pack pre-ordered since my 13 year old self needs it! 

I'll probably end up picking up the obscure ones like Mission Impossible, A-Team, etc. Ones that are likely to not get any lego sets based on them 

So if you guys want to get Supergirl you have to buy the PS4 starter pack. Uuuurgh deals like this is what's probably going to kill the game. 

Fuck this game.

Will post more about it later, but for now, just fuck this game and fuck LEGO

Don't have the game yet. Hm... If I like her enough I guess I can get it on PS4.

• Thumbs Up 1

what i'm assuming is happening here is that their attempting to bring in new players by having these otherwise hard to find minifigures included in these new batches of lego dimensions starter packs as a bonus reason to buy the game now.

If you pause at the 0:34 point in trailer it does say

"Exclusively thru 3/28/2017"

we don't 100% know what will happen once shes done being exclusive she might get sold seperately as a lower priced polygon pack for all anyone knows If anything I'd rather wait on calling it quits on lego dimensions due to a almost copy of superman being exclusive to a box.

(if anything the overall price of lego licensed sets is the biggest problem with lego dimensions with glitches taking second place)

also for the record they said green arrow was a event exclusive then a bunch of starter packs and single figure packs in europe and australia showed up on amazon.

54 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Fuck this game.

Will post more about it later, but for now, just fuck this game and fuck LEGO

sLjoWzT.jpg

Half a year ain't too long to wait.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Radiant Hero Ike said:

sLjoWzT.jpg

Half a year ain't too long to wait.

We don't know what exclusively means. It can go either way, as in she's either a single pack character, or she never releases again. On top of that, my comment was made before knowing about this exclusivity stuff. 

13 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

We don't know what exclusively means. It can go either way, as in she's either a single pack character, or she never releases again. On top of that, my comment was made before knowing about this exclusivity stuff. 

Yeah, so maybe before you go all "screw this game forever", wait until you have all the information.

I don't see why they'd never release her again either. LEGO Avengers DLC was exclusive to PS3/4 and then was available for everyone else later.