Awoo.

Yo-Kai Watch (Season 2 premiers August 1st with 50 episodes)

pppp

But not only the UK air date got revealed, but for a lot more European countries! Here's a list:

Spain: Approximately during May on Boing

Germany: Originally on May 21st, got moved to May 9th (yessssss)

France: April on Boing, in September on Gulli and March 2017 on Cartoon Network

Italy: April on Cartoon Network

Belgium and Netherlands: May 21st on Nickelodeon

Central and Eastern Europe, Nordics countries, Portugal, Turkey and Poland: Between April and May on Cartoon Network

Russia and Ukraine: Fall 2016, no announced channels so far

Israel: Noga in Summer

So yeah, big roll-out this year. I hope it does well in as many countries as possible, it really deserves it. :D

Just started watching this series via Youtube. Liking it a lot so far, although not so keen on the amount of toilet humor in it. Hopefully it's only for the first few episodes and gets toned down eventually. So far my favourite character is definitely Jibanyan. Also just impulse bought a Jibanyan plush! The series is giving me a Hamtaro vibe, especially with the catchy intro and the ending song.

Speaking of the intro, It was a bad move to replace Gera Gera Po theme song with a generic American one. That's 4Kids level bullshit right there. Hopefully with enough feedback they give us Gera Gera Po for the rest of the season.

27 minutes ago, Lhancat said:

Just started watching this series via Youtube. Liking it a lot so far, although not so keen on the amount of toilet humor in it. Hopefully it's only for the first few episodes and gets toned down eventually. So far my favourite character is definitely Jibanyan. Also just impulse bought a Jibanyan plush! The series is giving me a Hamtaro vibe, especially with the catchy intro and the ending song.

Speaking of the intro, It was a bad move to replace Gera Gera Po theme song with a generic American one. That's 4Kids level bullshit right there. Hopefully with enough feedback they give us Gera Gera Po for the rest of the season.

Don't worry about the toilet humor, it's just as you say, the first few eps is basically the writers trying everything to find out what works and what doesn't. By ep 15 itll be completely gone, the writing gets more and more clever as it goes along. To give you an idea of how clever it gets:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k58UXwQMz3lV1odS7Tl

This is just genius use of the Yo-kai concept if you ask me xD

I wouldn't mind the theme song change if the replacement was good, but it's not.

Then again, Gera Gera Po isn't a fav of mine either so...

Oh I forgot to say, Netaballerina's ability is to spoil important plot points in movies.

• 1 month later...

Are there any signs or hints of the first movie getting dubbed yet? Australia just a DVD being advertised as the "Complete Season One" but it only contains the first 6 episodes. I may be tempted to import a US DVD if they ever get every episode from Season 1 in disc form.

So far only Japan and Australia have DVD releases. No announcement in that regard for the US.

Just saw Yo-Kai Watch Episode 23...

I'm never gonna look at Robanyan the same way EVER again.

25 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

Just saw Yo-Kai Watch Episode 23...

I'm never gonna look at Robanyan the same way EVER again.

Now watch ep 25 so you can appreciate Jibanyan more xD

3 minutes ago, pppp said:

Now watch ep 25 so you can appreciate Jibanyan more xD

I'm watching the show daily. Just finished Episode 24 a couple minutes ago and I'll watch 25 tomorrow.

On 4/6/2016 at 5:13 AM, pppp said:

To you americans who have NetFlix, you can now watch the show from there if you haven't already:

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2016/04/02/yo-kai-watch-anime-now-available-to-stream-on-netflix/200707/

It's the Cartoon Network Asia dub though which is apparently terrible so... have fun?

2 hours ago, Dizcrybe said:

It's the Cartoon Network Asia dub though which is apparently terrible so... have fun?

Yeah while it is true that it has the japanese names and nothing altered most of the voices are nowhere near as good.

Well at least the purists have a way to watch a dub for them.

Well, I saw Yo-Kai Watch Episode 25.

...I didn't cry. Nor did I really feel sad.

The writing has the potential to give me the feels, and I haven't seen how the original Japanese version pulled it off, but the acting kinda ruined it for me.

Spoiler

Jibanyan's acting was good, don't get me wrong. Amy killed the moment, though.

For emotional moments, acting is half the battle here. Yo-Kai Watch simply didn't win that half this time.

And before you say that the acting isn't that good due to the small cast they have, (many characters have the same actors, I swear I hear Manjimutt's voice come out of more people than Manjimutt himself) I'll refer to another show with a small cast who records episodes in a group session which has emotional moments that actually do work on me: Ninjago.

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...

OK, just watched the UK airing of Yokai Watch's first episode.

It's pretty much the same as the American one, same music during the episode, same voices, no alterations.

However, instead of Gera Gera Po, our version uses the Swampy Marsh song right away.

Now, I am not a big Gera Gear Po fan, but the Swampy Marsh song isn't all that good either.

I watched it on Cartoon Network HD, and I gotta say, it does look good with the higher picture quality.

Edited by PokeDwibs
Forgot to add something

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the first episode of Yo-Kai Watch aired here.

AND IT WAS AWESOME.

Im glad this show airs on Cartoon Netowrk.

I wanna point out some dub things:

Voices: They are solid but Whisper doesnt really sound that much like a ghost...

Intro: I really wanted to hear that dance itro but we got the rap...Oh well, i hope they will still show the original one

If anyone is interested too see the dub:

http://desenanimatdublat.blogspot.ro/2016/05/ceasul-yo-kai-episodul-1-dublat-in.html

The characters are really cool so im really interested on seeing the rest of the episodes. But im gonna have to wait because it airs only on weekends...

On 4/6/2016 at 6:37 AM, pppp said:

So far only Japan and Australia have DVD releases. No announcement in that regard for the US.

Well, that answers my question...unless there's been an update, of course.

Yeah, I don't watch a whole lot of TV, and I don't feel inclined to when my own DVD collection provides a superior lineup for the most part. But I've been interested in this show, and I would like a DVD release at some point.

I started watching some episodes because waiting for weekends is inda boring. I mean, ill still watch them but you know....

Is that dog man supposed to be a pervert?

1 hour ago, Diamond said:

I started watching some episodes because waiting for weekends is inda boring. I mean, ill still watch them but you know....

Is that dog man supposed to be a pervert?

You mean Manjimutt? Yes, yes he is.

3 hours ago, SurrealBrain said:

Well, that answers my question...unless there's been an update, of course.

Yeah, I don't watch a whole lot of TV, and I don't feel inclined to when my own DVD collection provides a superior lineup for the most part. But I've been interested in this show, and I would like a DVD release at some point.

Well that's what anime websites are for xD

So according to Viz Media, the distributors of the anime and the manga in the west, Yo-Kai Watch's sucess in the west actually surpassed their expectations:

What other properties are doing well?
We’ve had great success with Yo-kai Watch. We thought it would do well, but it’s really gone above expectations.  We’ve seen a lot of support in all channels for that property.  It’s a video game for Nintendo, and the animated series is airing here in the States on Disney XD.  We have seen a lot of pick-up on that across all channels.  We’re seeing a lot of support through our regular retail channels, as well as Diamond has been supporting it (we’ve seen some reorders there), and with Scholastic also, so we’re really getting a nice reach with that property.  There was some placement at Walmart when we launched the property.

Well there you go, looks like the franchise is here to stay.

http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/34395/icv2-interview-vizs-beth-kawasaki

6 hours ago, Dizcrybe said:

Did they fix the Netflix release yet?

Yes.

So awesome news just broke out:

Both Hasbro and Disney XD are expanding their Yo-Kai collection as well. Disney is moving forward with the second season of the Yo-Kai Watch television series, which will premiere this summer. If you need to catch up, the first season will be released on DVD over the summer.

So yeah those wanting DVD sets just need to wait a bit more. No news on the first movie though.

http://twinfinite.net/2016/05/yo-kai-watch-2-coming-to-u-s-this-year/

Yo-Kai Watch episode 1 is avaliable on YouTube for the UK.

And it's using Gera Gera Po now? Seems they can't make up their mind whether to use that or Swampy Marsh...