Awoo.

Yo-Kai Watch (Season 2 premiers August 1st with 50 episodes)

pppp

So far it's been great. They had to ommit some puns that can't work in english but aside from that everything is pretty damn good. We even have translated songs:

Also subscribe to the official channel that video comes from, cause the recaps are Youtube only:

Sorry for the REALLY late reply here. That's good to hear! They're trying their best as possible to keep it as close to the original version, despite some changes here and there. I'll take a look at the dub later when I get the chance, In the meantime; I should really catch back up with original version.

So the head writer of the dub was interviewed by a fan on Youtube about the dub:

Always great to hear more about the effort and care that went into the dub.

So yesterday episode 9 debuted and this is where the show officially takes off IMO. Komasan's segment started and is gonna keep going throught the rest of the season, and we also met another fan favorite:

If you think the reference is unsubtle, wait till later eps, this show is very shameless with that and even pokes fun at itself for doing so xD

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I haven't brought up is how awesome the official Yo-Kai Watch Twitter and Facebook accounts are:

Love the Next Harmeowny post xD

• Thumbs Up 2

Started watching this show and I'm having a great time with it! My next episode is Episode 4 since I'm usually late for TV Shows.

Started watching this show and I'm having a great time with it! My next episode is Episode 4 since I'm usually late for TV Shows.

Be sure to give your thoughts on ep 4 then, cause that's the first ep where the show shows its more heartfelt side.

• 2 weeks later...

So Hino shared that Jibanyan's backstory was inspired by something that happened when he was a kid:

"I passed it by at first, thinking that I probably couldn't keep a cat at home, but it was just so cute, I thought to myself 'I gotta do this!' So I came back a few minutes later, but by that time, it had already been hit by a car."

http://www.destructoid.com/the-tragic-backstory-of-yo-kai-watch-s-jibanyan-is-based-on-a-real-life-incident-323860.phtml

Managed to get my brother hooked on Yo-Kai Watch. At first he refused to watch it, thinking it was stupid but I managed to get him to sit down and watch one episode with me. By the end of the episode he was dying laughing and told me that he wished he had started watching the show sooner.

Managed to get my brother hooked on Yo-Kai Watch. At first he refused to watch it, thinking it was stupid but I managed to get him to sit down and watch one episode with me. By the end of the episode he was dying laughing and told me that he wished he had started watching the show sooner.

That's usually how it is, people are always pleasantly surprised by how much effort and care went into the franchise.

• 2 weeks later...

Is Star Wars not as big in Japan or something?

It is big, but the japanese don't like high ticket prices apparently.

So here's the full english version of Yo-Kai Exercise 1:

It's impressive how Level-5 is doing its best so that we get the exact same content. The lyrics are pretty much a direct adaptation of the original japanese ones.

• 4 weeks later...

So I was checking out the Cartoon Network Asia English dub, and honestly I don't really like it:

http://www.cartoonnetworkasia.com/show/yo-kai-watch

This one keeps the original names and is pretty much an exact translation, but the voices sound very 4Kidslike to me, Whisper in particular sounds bland. J.W Terry is the star of the english dub IMO, so not impressed:

http://www.cartoonnetworkasia.com/video/yo-kai-watch-yo-kai-exist-preview-1

He doesn't seem to be putting much effort(BTW Keita's voice here sounds so clearly feminine), compare this to J.W Terry:

Not only does his voice fit the character much more, but you can tell he's totally into it and having a blast playing Whisper.

Americans got the better dub if you ask me.

• 3 weeks later...

So the second Yo-Kai Watch movie is making the parents taking their kids to it cry:

Apparently the movie tells 5 individual stories, should be interesting.

On 2/9/2016 at 5:12 AM, pppp said:

So yeah we all need to start buying Yo-kai Repellent xD :

I'll take ten please :)

So I figured I would show this screen from the latest Japanese episode cause it's too amazing not to:

56c38ca758c2e_106.mp4_snapshot_23.14_201

Allow me to remind everyone that this is a show that japanese parents watch with their 7 year old kids xD

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, pppp said:

So I figured I would show this screen from the latest Japanese episode cause it's too amazing not to:

56c38ca758c2e_106.mp4_snapshot_23.14_201

Allow me to remind everyone that this is a show that japanese parents watch with their 7 year old kids xD

Japan has very different standards on what they consider child-friendly. The real test will be if they keep this in the dub.