Awoo.

Nintendo Direct [April 1, 3PM PT/April 2 12AM CEST]

Carbo

I don't think that matters. If Nintendo still approached him I think he would've accepted. That said, I don't think any of the leaks we've seen are real at all. However, I would not be AT ALL surprised if Platinum are in fact doing Star Fox. Honestly I'd be more surprised if they weren't. The timing was perfect for them to finalize Bayoneta 2 and put all their efforts into Star Fox, they even had an Arwing segment in Bayoneta 2.

The Direct isn't out yet. Where did you hear that? Its not for another two hours. Unless they announced it before hand. Or you're talking about all the "leaks."

But Kamiya DID say that. After he initially said that he wanted to do Star Fox, people bugged the crap out of him about it and he said he was no longer interested in it. I honestly think he probably was, he just didn't want people to bother him anymore. He did say that, but it was over a year ago, so he could've definitely changed his mind (especially if Miyamoto did in fact approach Kamiya later).

48 minutes long and a Treehouse live immediately afterwards...

Don't let us down Nintendo, this has the potential to be something pretty special!

(also we need it to be worthwhile to justify us all staying up past our bedtimes :P)

48 minutes?? Now I'm really interested in what they have to show. I mean with Zelda delayed they kinda have to soften the blow somehow.

Are we sure the treehouse thing is after the 48 mins and not the final chunk of that time?

48 minutes long and a Treehouse live immediately afterwards...

Don't let us down Nintendo, this has the potential to be something pretty special!

(also we need it to be worthwhile to justify us all staying up past our bedtimes :P)

How they should handle the Mewtwo reveal:

Sakurai comes on at the beginning of the direct.
"We have a very special announcement concerning a special psychic type!"
Hype intensifies, screen fades to black.
Screen fades back to...
Mewtwo in Pokken reveal

Sakurai comes back on.
"We are very excited to see this powerful pokemon enter the field of battle. More information about Pokken will be coming soon, and we thank you for your patience. Let me turn it over to Keiji Inafune for some special news about the next entry in the Legend of Zelda series."
The direct proceeds as normal from here

Then, at the end of the direct, Iwata makes his closing remarks,
"We hope you are as excited for 2015 as we are here at Nintendo. But before we go, we have a special announcement about Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS."
Screen fades to black...
Mewtwo trailer
  • Thumbs Up 1

You want Nintendo to outsource Starfox to a different developer? Your wish has been granted.

RTfS4jx.png

This status has made me laugh incredibly hard today. 10/10

• Thumbs Up 1

Please have N64/GameCube games on Virtual Console Nintendy

• Thumbs Up 2

Mewtwo is $4 for one plat $5 for both, oh and I think CN guys who paid for both versions got it a week early

I guarantee people are gonna flood "omg ridley!!111" to the voting system.