Awoo.

UK General Election 2015 "p.g. 12 DOOM!"

Badnik Mechanic

Multiple reports saying that Nigel Farage has lost his seat!

giphy.gif

BBC are now reporting that the person who is ultimately responsible for their exit poll has said this 

"Given how our projections predicted Labour would take (a specific seat), but the reality is the conservatives did take it, we must now strongly consider that our poll is wrong and must entertain the notion that the conservatives may win with an outright majority"

... .. .. we're doomed.

Okay I was looking at the BBC map that they have and decided to look at the parties, not sure why I did because we have these two parties:

'Cannabis Is Safer Than Alcohol' and the 'Monster Raving Loony Party'.

Why haven't they had any seats yet dammit.

Thank you Britain another five years of strong austerity rape, Zero Hour Contracts, Bedroom Tax etc.  -_-

Seriously I told people don't waste your vote on minority parties if you don't want Cameron/Conservatives in, don't treat it like a Local Election.

At least UKIP didn't gain much. But honestly most of people who vote Conservatives were probably ones who threaten to vote UKIP but didn't at the last minute.

Cameron barely did any of the debates, didn't debate with Miliband and he still won.

I did hear some words about vote rigging but knowing this Country people genuinely voted for him. <_<

The Left needs to get its arse in gear and get serious.

Well, it's morning now and considering where the support of this thread lay on average then it is looking quite bad.

The Conservatives are on-track to scrape in with an overall majority - no hung parliament.  Labour have lost pretty much everything in Scotland to the SNP, ousting even the Scottish Labour leader.  The Lib Dems have been crushed, with Vince Cable and Danny Alexander both out and Clegg seeming to hang on only with Tory tactical voting; the party now basically has no reason to exist.  UKIP have gained a pretty hefty slice of the vote but it's spread so thin that it doesn't look like they'll have much say (only one seat confirmed so far I think).  Greens have kept their one seat.  Full results here.  The opinion polls seem to have been pretty far off the mark.

...Roll on Scottish independence, I guess?

Well, thank you to the British public, for the shittest birthday present I've ever had.

And I was once given a 1-year subscription to the official Eddie Stobart newsletter.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay I was looking at the BBC map that they have and decided to look at the parties, not sure why I did because we have these two parties:

'Cannabis Is Safer Than Alcohol' and the 'Monster Raving Loony Party'.

Why haven't they had any seats yet dammit.

Oh man oh man, look at Scotland.

FIFTY seats gained, most of Scotland bar 3 seats.

I wonder if Cameron's scared.

Well, thank you to the British public, for the shittest birthday present I've ever had.

And I was once given a 1-year subscription to the official Eddie Stobart newsletter.

What a shitty result.

I'm gonna spend the day drunk so I don't have to think about this.

What a shitty result.

I'm gonna spend the day drunk so I don't have to think about this.

Well you voted Green in a general election. -_-  

Well you voted Green in a general election. -_-  

How dare I vote for a party I actually like and believe in

• Thumbs Up 1

How dare I vote for a party I actually like and believe in

How dare I tell you're naive. 

naïve.

So I'm taking that the conservatives and nationalists won? It's a bit shitty to say it now, but maybe the other parties should've focused on what could be causing people to even be interested in those parties instead of just attacking their social positions, if my seeing people just a couple weeks ago going "I've only now seen UKIP's policies and they're actually not bad beyond the bigotry" was any indication

So where do we go from here.

Admittedly it's a bit premature as the results aren't all in yet, but it's looking like Cameron will scrape over the line with a majority - not the biggest majority, but I suspect he'll have enough that he might even not bother with a formal coalition even if he doesn't have a technical majority.  He can usually count on the DUP and he can probably count on UKIP, and of course there are the Lib Dems.  If he does go for another minor coalition, it'll basically be absorption, which'd be the smart thing to do, really - but honestly, I think the Conservatives' pride won't let them do it this time.  They'll be looking to re-absorb the UKIP share of the vote, though, and they'll have a mandate for a far more right-wing government this time.

Ed Miliband is going to have to go as Labour leader; a lot of the attacks on him were terribly unfair but ultimately he hasn't inspired.  Whoever replaces him is going to need to be a lot more Scotland-positive whilst maintaining that red line against independence.  I'm not really sure what else they can do; did they lose because they were too left-wing, or not left-wing enough?  At any rate they'll be able to cast off the record of their last government for the next election, and need to put together a more ideologically coherent critique of the Conservatives and purpose for themselves.

The Lib Dems are basically done as a party; they never really had any kind of coherent political goal besides "give us power," with their politics varying wildly depending on the seat they were contesting, and now they're not even anywhere near the third biggest party - not even the fourth, in terms of vote share.  The voters clearly never forgave them for 2010, and although I don't expect it then I'd personally like to see the party dissolved with each MP going their own way.  It seems likely that Clegg's going to resign - the man's a political zombie at this point.

UKIP are going to have to think long and hard about how to turn all their second places into first places, but that time might be better spent pulling the Tories in their direction; UKIP are not going to end up with many seats but their share of the vote is respectable.  If we do get a referendum on Europe, then whatever the result, UKIP's reason for existing might well vanish - or might be greatly strengthened.

The SNP are not going to be able to do much even with all those seats, so they should probably spend the next five years talking more left than Labour, emphasising how terrible and unrepresentative the Conservative government is, and basically gearing up for another independence referendum (maybe ten years after the first?), which they will probably win.

The next few hours will sort out the nitty-gritty, but the broad strokes of what the next government will look like are already in place.  Cameron's going to have to work really hard to keep his party in line for every single vote, though.

How dare I tell you're navie. 

I'd rather go with integrity and be proud than settle. Bye

So I'm taking that the conservatives and nationalists won? It's a bit shitty to say it now, but maybe the other parties should've focused on what could be causing people to even be interested in those parties instead of just attacking their social positions, if my seeing people just a couple weeks ago going "I've only now seen UKIP's policies and they're actually not bad beyond the bigotry" was any indication

Conservatives have likely taken it (from scarily outta seemingly nowhere). UKIP got some second places but only got one seat so far. SNP will hopefully find a way to put some pressure on government because it took most of Scotland by storm.

I'd rather go with integrity and be proud than settle. Bye

Integrity? A person who voted for a party that wants to abolish all borders and the army. Please sober up. 

Danny Alexander lost his seat and good thing too. He's a god damn traitor to this area (Inverness).

I feel really bad for the crappy results in England, especially when it was probably all this talk of 'SNP will join Labour' that made the Conservatives come out on top. I wonder if Scotland might be able to change anything as SNP were deeply opposed to the bedroom tax for ALL of the UK. Scotland may get rid of it, but will we be able to help England get rid of it?

Well! Off to college I go. We're going to have pizza to celebrate courtesy of the local army.

Integrity? A person who voted for a party that wants to abolish all borders and the army. Please sober up. 

in·teg·ri·ty

inˈteɡrədē/
noun
the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.
"he is known to be a man of integrity"

It's my personal values. I wanted to vote for something I honestly believed in and agreed with for my first vote. Not something I'll settle on because I guess it's not as bad as the other. I don't think Green are perfect but I agree with most of their policies, something I can't say about any other party. And I'm not a fan of the army or nuclear weapons, so.

Also stop being so condescending and shit? It's really unnecessary? Pretty sure I stopped talking to you in this thread before because of that reason.
  • Thumbs Up 1

If he wanted to vote the Greens that's his choice.I'm not exactly on board with them either but hey, it's his opinion. It's not like he voted UKIP.

• Thumbs Up 1

your post is kind of hypocritical in its own right, Wil :V

That's my point above, people should've spent more time debating the economical questions of the conservative parties and seeing WHY were people being attracted to them so they could attack those root questions (IE if they're being attracted by questions of "get the immigrants out", maybe offer an alternative to the people worried over it instead of just going "don't vote for the racists!"). Prioritizing moralities over economics in politics only really works when you're not in a crisis time- and in that sense, the fact you now have a bunch of parties that are at the very least skeptical to Europe is only advantages to you.

It's my personal values. I wanted to vote for something I honestly believed in and agreed with for my first vote. Not something I'll settle on because I guess it's not as bad as the other. I don't think Green are perfect but I agree with almost all their policies. And I'm not a fan of the army or nuclear weapons, so.

Also stop being so condescending and shit? It's really unnecessary? Pretty sure I stopped talking to you in this thread before because of that reason.

Who's for war and nuclear destruction? But nations should have the right to have borders and protect themselves how are they going to do that without an army?

Anyway.

No, sorry but I find your posts come across as a bit apathetic at least to me like your half serious about this. Its not so much who you voted for but the attitude you took to voting that bothered me.

Went out and voted for Green today without any guilt. Fuck yeah.

Guess the results will determine how drunk I'll need to be tonight

A little sad Green isn't performing as well as I thought. 

Dear lord somebody pass me the vodka.

With the second quote well what did you honestly expect? I do have respect that you actually voted I'll give you that but somehow I don't think you took this seriously as you could of done.

Also if I did settle I would of voted Conservative clearly like everybody else did in this Country. I voted against the Tories too aggressive austerity (ideally I would like no austerity but sadly I doubt the reality of that happening at least right now, thank you bankers), keep social housing, against bedroom tax, an increase in minimum wage (some people voted Conservative want a decrease), a party that actually had a chance not a one seat party that few take seriously. I don't vote for the party I voted for the policies I believed in and were in a stronger position. Believe me if I there was another party with even more policies I agreeded with and had a strong chance of gaining 10 Downing Street I would voted them over Labour.

Ideals are good to have but sometimes I wish some people had some more pragmatism and realism too. 

definitely vote against austerity

love,

--a voter from a country where austerity was implemented

If he wanted to vote the Greens that's his choice.I'm not exactly on board with them either but hey, it's his opinion. It's not like he voted UKIP.

It is his choice like I said at least he voted, unlike a shitton who didn't, I learned that from the last General Election. But why it okay to criticize people voting UKIP or Conservative (as much as I dislike them) and not any other party? What just because the Greens are supposedly Left? Yeah they're not Right, but I wouldn't personally call them Left either. They're too soft to make any difference and mostly full of upper middle class backgrounds who have nothing in common with the working class or impoverished.

The Left needs to get tougher.

Speaking of which:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/general-election-2015--ed-miliband--has-to-resign-today-024047873.html?vp=1

• Thumbs Up 1