Awoo.

UK General Election 2015 "p.g. 12 DOOM!"

Badnik Mechanic

Yes it's funny, and I liked it.... But... yeah, they really need to explain how exactly they're going to pay for all those extra homes, the improved NHS and actually talk about that 50% tax charge they want brought in.

P.S. they should totally release that song for charity.

There has to be a solid way to avoid selling the NHS off to private companies and dooming the British people to skyrocketing front-end prices and shitty insurance.

There has to be a solid way to avoid selling the NHS off to private companies and dooming the British people to skyrocketing front-end prices and shitty insurance.

Yeah there is, that 50% tax thing that's in their manifesto but what they don't want to talk about because they know nobody will vote for them.

Yeah there is, that 50% tax thing that's in their manifesto but what they don't want to talk about because they know nobody will vote for them.

Explain this tax thing. Is it 50% of everyone's income being taken in tax?

Explain this tax thing. Is it 50% of everyone's income being taken in tax?

Basically the other week, a group of people including myself went on a bunch of political party websites including some of the more out there ones to look at what exactly their policies were, the usual suspects, Labour, Conservative etc, then some of the more out there ones such as monster raving loony party etc.

Then we looked at the Green Party.

It all sounded really nice and dandy, but then you get to their tax rates and suddenly it explains a lot and doesn't look that great. The highest rate of tax would be 50%. Whilst I doubt the bulk of the population would hit this higher rate, I do think it's completely ridiculous, who wants to work and find 50% of everything they earn being taken away.

Well, 50% on all earnings above £100,000, with the first £100,000 being taxed according to, presumably, something resembling the present tax bands.  I believe it goes up to 45% on earnings over £150,000 at the moment, so I assume the Greens are proposing to lower the threshold and increase the rate - or maybe they're actually raising the 40% tax threshold (£31,786 plus personal allowance) below that?  Depends on how they plan to rejig the lower bands.

So how did Cameron's talk with a group of kids go?

v2-davidcameronlol.jpg

Meanwhile, it's not going that great for UKIP either, a UKIP candidate wrote this on the beach.

UKIP_we-love-nige_3217062c.jpg

However, it took him that long and he didn't quite understand that the tide comes back in after it goes out... so he was cut off and stranded....

So he had to be rescued by the UKIP Press officer.

ukip-going-up_3217063b.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Dunno if anybody watched the debate, but Nigel Farage literally accused the whole audience of being left wing nutters who had a "total lack of comprehension". They had in fact been selected from polling company and not by the BBC.

How can somebody be so ridiculous I'm dying

• Thumbs Up 6

How can anyone still be supporting Nigel Farage and UKIP right now when they say stupid shit like this? smh .__.

I thought Ed Miliband was brave to stand up to Sturgeon. SNP only cares about itself and not the whole of the Nation even if Sturgeon does say some things I agree with, I still don't trust her and I am glad Ed Miliband had the balls to turn her down on live TV, he has some principles.

This will probably annoy some people. I agree with Ed, we should keep the bomb, Russia would bomb us anyway without it in a Nuclear Conflict as we have Nato/US forces stationed here and don't get me started on the Greens limp wristed idea of abolishing the armed forces in their manifesto, when pigs can fly. What if ISIS start a massive terror campaign on Europe or Ukraine/Eastern Europe situation escalates to a full scale military conflict and Russia bombs us conventionally never mind nuclear? (they have large long range bombers we don't, we rely on the US B-52, B-1 and B-2 bombers stationed in our airbases. They even have bombers that now outpace our fighters in combat). What we going to do sing songs of peace and hope they leave? 

I would like a world without Nuclear weapons but it ain't going to happen anytime soon with the colder relations with Russia and even China and growing presence and threat of ISIS. Ed's right its not to time to get rid of the bomb not when our world influence is precarious at best.

Nick Clegg warns of a Tory/UKIP collation which I think could be possible if UKIP win enough seats and gains more power. Let this be a reminder for those with left/liberal leanings Labour is the only one with the clout if want to see Cameron out its the only option I am afraid, even if I wish there was better circumstances. Personally I wish no party has make to a collation as I think the last one was a failure.

If the Tories win its more bedroom tax, zero hour contracts, more cuts, further privatisation, more corporate takeovers, more austerity while greater economic inequality continues is that what everybody wants?

Yes Labour will still make cuts and austerity will continue in some form (hopefully less harsh) but I hope they will make the wealthy pay more than they are under the Tories. You have to be a bit pragmatic were are broke, if we Tax the wealthy and big businesses too much they will leave which is not good for the economy but Labour sound a lot more fairer than Tories when comes to people with lower incomes and wealth. I rather take a mild poison than five more years of metaphorical Cyanide.

And where was Cameron? At home washing his tights! *Joker laugh*

adLxkls.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Might not be popular, but Milliband is probably right when he says he would keep trident and the bomb.

And he's equally right to say he wouldn't push the button. Mainly because the decision to do so doesn't have to be his, he can leave it to the military commanders who are a lot smarter than him when it comes to war and tactical decision making.

Did anyone see Question Time afterwards? Piers Morgan criticised Milliband for saying he wouldn't push the button, basically he said that whoever was the prime minister should start or take part in a nuclear war... 

Insanity.

A world without nuclear weapons is something I'd like to see, but considering the state of the world right now, it's probably not a good idea, the UK has and will always be a sea power, our navy has won more wars for us than any other, to remove more naval power is utterly stupid, especially given the state of our aircraft carriers.... or rather lack of ones.

+1 like for the Joker image.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you want the bomb, take them out of Scotland and then SNP would stop bitching about it.

Greens would still be pissed, though.

If you want the bomb, take them out of Scotland and then SNP would stop bitching about it.

Easier said than done, there is the issue of the fact that there are no other facilities right not with the correct requirements to safely secure that type of submarines.

• Thumbs Up 1

Easier said than done, there is the issue of the fact that there are no other facilities right not with the correct requirements to safely secure that type of submarines.

Indeed, although I remember there being reports of a Russian submarine in the Clyde so having them there isn't exactly the safest place when they can just pop in and go 'hey guyyyys'.

Indeed, although I remember there being reports of a Russian submarine in the Clyde so having them there isn't exactly the safest place when they can just pop in and go 'hey guyyyys'.

Russians are currently buzzing all of the UK right now. 

Daily scrambles of Typhoons are happening all over the place, hell two Euro Fighters flew above my town the other night in response to some Russian aircraft approaching from the North of the UK. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing and Top Gear. It should only do local news coverage, arts programmes and religious broadcasts".

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nigel-farage-wants-the-bbc-to-stop-making-doctor-who-strictly-come-dancing-and-top-gear-10193051.html

Edit: Quote sorta fixed now.

Except Doctor Who and Strictly are popular programming, in fact, Doctor Who is gaining popularity overseas (though I doubt Farage cares because "HURR DURR BRITAIN FUUURST"). I don't get this man sometimes, what an absolute asshat.

So who's watching the Farage interview tonight? This might turn into the comedy event of the year.

I've had this hypothetical in my head for a couple of days now.

Say UKIP get a majority (I'll give you all a minute to recover from shock - this IS strictly hypothetical, I know it thankfully won't happen). UKIP sweep into power, immediately arrange the EU referendum.

What's their plan if the public votes to stay in the EU?

Considering how much of their manifesto seems to be funded by leaving the EU and reducing immgration, there's no way they could afford most of what they're promising, Is there a back-up idea? I doubt it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well.. that means it would only broadcast the following... local news coverage, arts programmes and religious broadcasts. As per OFCOM's definition.

Songs of Praise as a prime-time show every day. Oh hell no, fuck that.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've had this hypothetical in my head for a couple of days now.

Say UKIP get a majority (I'll give you all a minute to recover from shock - this IS strictly hypothetical, I know it thankfully won't happen). UKIP sweep into power, immediately arrange the EU referendum.

What's their plan if the public votes to stay in the EU?

Considering how much of their manifesto seems to be funded by leaving the EU and reducing immgration, there's no way they could afford most of what they're promising, Is there a back-up idea? I doubt it.

That's the problem all these alternatives parties they are offering pipe dream solutions to understandably desperate and disillusioned voters but I don't think none of them could implant any of their big pledges because we have no money, we are broke.

Also would you trust a Thatcherite Financier in 10 Downing Street? I wouldn't.

fUV2gxf.png

Are these things really that useful to follow? I dunno if I should follow this completely and vote Labour or not.