Awoo.

The 52 Game Challenge 2015

Tracker_TD

Argh. There was no chance for me to finish this since I was too busy with other shit like Uni and personal life. D: Was fun while it lasted though.

24 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

@Kaze no Klonoa

Hey, my portion of the leaderboard says I've completed it, should it say I've completed 52 games 100% though?

Did you complete 52 Games 100%?

6 minutes ago, Kaze no Klonoa said:

Did you complete 52 Games 100%?

According to the leaderboard, Yes.

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

According to the leaderboard, Yes.

I'll list it as such then.

• The topic was unpinned

So, I've noticed the thread was demoted to a regular one. While the challenge IS done, that doesn't mean that's over. As previously implied, the partecipants should receive badges for their feats, so it would be a shame if the topic was just flat out ignored. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I recall an admin being contacted by Boma closer to the start of the challenge re: badges, but just in-case I'll run through what we've got:

HkxJquE.png - Completed 10 Games

wrhRk9t.png - Completed 20 Games

VibYjhc.png - Completed 30 Games

byWv5UJ.png - Completed 40 Games

f38uAHU.png - Completed 52 Games; CONGRATS!

O8564s2.png - Completed at least 10 Mario games! Thank-a you so much for playing my game!

YRIAFJ2.png - Completed at least 10 Sonic games! Aw yeah, this is happening!

rGqBrKZ.png - Beat more than 52 games! Woah, that's super! 

I'm also probably going to add a badge for those who completed at least 10 games with 100% completion. Bear with me! 

• Thumbs Up 3

So uhh yeah

All future entries are now closed. The event is over and we will be discussing badges and who will get what. The leaderboard will always stay up, so you can look at your intense gaming completions of 2015. Thank yall for participating.

>But the event is still not completely done. We'll update everyone on the badges in the f u t u r e.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can I get this added?

Modern Warfare 3 --- PS3 100%

It was done on January 4th which was within the cut off point. Should bring my total to 53?

Just now, Hogfather said:

Can I get this added?

Modern Warfare 3 --- PS3 100%

It was done on January 4th which was within the cut off point. Should bring my total to 53?

Sorry, the submission deadline's slipped past. Either way, good job on the 52!

10 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I recall an admin being contacted by Boma closer to the start of the challenge re: badges, but just in-case I'll run through what we've got:

HkxJquE.png - Completed 10 Games

wrhRk9t.png - Completed 20 Games

VibYjhc.png - Completed 30 Games

byWv5UJ.png - Completed 40 Games

f38uAHU.png - Completed 52 Games; CONGRATS!

O8564s2.png - Completed at least 10 Mario games! Thank-a you so much for playing my game!

YRIAFJ2.png - Completed at least 10 Sonic games! Aw yeah, this is happening!

rGqBrKZ.png - Beat more than 52 games! Woah, that's super! 

I'm also probably going to add a badge for those who completed at least 10 games with 100% completion. Bear with me! 

In hindsight, I think you probably should have made people aware of the Mario/Sonic badges.

For example, if my counting was correct, I completed Sonic games. Had I known about the badge, I most certainly would have finished one more Sonic game, especially since  I did finish SA2, and never confirmed it because I had already completed my games for the event.

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

In hindsight, I think you probably should have made people aware of the Mario/Sonic badges.

Honestly, that's a whoops on my part given I thought I'd already posted the badges up here; I got muddled up.

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

The only badges we've actually revealed were initially conceptual. I wasn't aware of the Mario/Sonic badges til Tracker showed it to us recently. I think it's for the best anyway, if these badges were shown ahead of time a lot of people would be going after Mario/Sonic games, rather then actually going for other games. I have no idea who got the Mario badge, funny enough.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Kaze no Klonoa said:

The only badges we've actually revealed were initially conceptual. I wasn't aware of the Mario/Sonic badges til Tracker showed it to us recently. I think it's for the best anyway, if these badges were shown ahead of time a lot of people would be going after Mario/Sonic games, rather then actually going for other games. I have no idea who got the Mario badge, funny enough.

That's true, but it also meant that most people were totally unaware of that fact, and may have effectively been out of a cool looking badge because of it. As I mentioned above, I have 9 completed Sonic games, and had I known about the badge, I would have posted about my completing of Sonic Adventure 2 back in November/December.

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

That's true, but it also meant that most people were totally unaware of that fact, and may have effectively been out of a cool looking badge because of it. As I mentioned above, I have 9 completed Sonic games, and had I known about the badge, I would have posted about my completing of Sonic Adventure 2 back in November/December.

Well if you didn't post about completing a game in a thread about completing as many games as possible, that's not exactly my fault. :v 

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

Well if you didn't post about completing a game in a thread about completing as many games as possible, that's not exactly my fault. :v 

Because it was after I had completed both the 52 games, and additionally completing the games 100%. After that, I didn't start posting about games because I thought it was meant to be only the games needed for completing those two challenges.

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Because it was after I had completed both the 52 games, and additionally completing the games 100%. After that, I didn't start posting about games because I thought it was meant to be only the games needed for completing those two challenges.

I didn't say that anywhere though. Anyway, it's not to worry - just a small extra. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

We've mentioned in the past that there is a badge for those who finished 52+ games, which was design to encourage people to continue marking down these games. Don't worry too much about it anyway though.

Damn, wish I didn't get all caught up in my finals so I can posted the games that I completed during this month :V

Anyway, are we gonna do this again for this year or is this a "one and done" type deal?

18 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Sorry, the submission deadline's slipped past. Either way, good job on the 52!

Well I did post it on Thursday.

7 minutes ago, Hogfather said:

Not sure if I can really count it since it doesn't adhere to the "post the image, desc. etc" rule. Sorry! 

Anyway, 100% Badge:

16zbNq6.png - Completed at least 20 games with a 100% rating! Wow, INCREDIBLE!

20 games isn't necessarily the final requirement, I'd be up for feedback here.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Hogfather said:

Mmm, but you didn't post a picture or anything of that sort to go with it. It's not like we don't trust you, but rules are rules.

Personally, could there possibly be a separate tier of amount of games people 100%-ed? Just asking.

1 minute ago, Kaze no Klonoa said:

Personally, could there possibly be a separate tier of amount of games people 100%-ed? Just asking.

Ah, good thinking! I'll cook up bronze, silver and gold versions. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, I'm Dan said:

Damn, wish I didn't get all caught up in my finals so I can posted the games that I completed during this month :V

Anyway, are we gonna do this again for this year or is this a "one and done" type deal?

I'm planning to host a future event of the sort in the Summer. It's going to be very different in the sense that it will be a lot like a event nearly 3 years ago ;)

As for doing something like this as a yearly thing, if somebody wants we can make it happen every other year, but I'd personally rather do something small event-wise, a year is way too long to handle and continue maintaining interest for a long time.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Ah, good thinking! I'll cook up bronze, silver and gold versions. 

Personally, I'd make 15 the Bronze, 30 the Silver, and then 52 the gold.