Awoo.

ElectricAngel

Ah, Disney. Disney has been a household name for many years. The iconic mouse is a well-recognized character to many people throughout the world. Of course, Disney’s popularity led them to expand their property to merchandise and TV channels, to even comics. Although Disney comics mostly center around Donald Duck and Scrooge McDuck, there are plenty of other characters that get their spotlight including Mickey Mouse, Goofy, and comic-exclusive character Eta Beta.

When one hears the word Disney comics, usually one name comes to mind. Carl Barks. Carl Barks is known as one of the best writers when it comes to Donald Duck comics and is the creator of the richest duck in the world, Scrooge McDuck.

hRsoiJA.jpg

He also created Duckburg along with many iconic characters you probably know such as Magica De Spell, Flintheart Glumgold and the Beagle Boys. This man created a world for the Disney comic characters to live in, and that world, along with its inhabitants still live to this day.

Another name that may come to mind is Don Rosa. Although a lot of people believe he isn't as good as Carl Barks, he’s still very good in his own way. His most famous story is probably “The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck”.

b67iv72.jpg

What’s great about Don Rosa is that he took the already established characters Carl Barks did, and expanded them. This man gave us more in depth stories and even origin stories about many of the citizens of Duckburg.

Whether you grew up with Disney comics or are just discovering them for the first time, there are plenty of stories to go around, and many different series. You got the Donald Duck and Uncle Scrooge series, Mickey Mystery, Secret Agent: Donald Duck, Wizards of Mickey, Indiana Goofy, Junior Duck, Super Goofy, Phantom Duck (my personal favourite) and much more.

There’s an entire universe created out there in the Disney comics that really make them special. These stories are beyond what you’d see in cartoons, which is what makes them really stand out. So, anyone out there have fond memories of reading any stories or are you just jumping on the bandwagon now? Either way, here’s the place to discuss them!

• Thumbs Up 4

I think I wasn't a huge Disney kid, so I missed out on a lot of these when I was younger. I'd been itching to familiarize myself with much of these comics as well though. I read Fantagraphics' first Uncle Scrooge volume (which is like, vol. 12 in their Carl Barks Library, I believe) and really enjoyed those stories. I was most taken in by Barks's artwork and how his stories would just start out simply before spiraling into something else altogether very quickly.

I'm really interested in Rosa's Duck comics as well, though. I think I read one of his comics a few years back which, I understand, was the inspiration for the movie Inception? I hadn't seen the movie, but I understand they shared similar premises and Rosa's story, about the Beagle Boys entering Scrooge's dreams, definitely came before. Luckily Fantagraphics is releasing those as well, so I might have to check them out at some point.

I've also been learning a bit of Floyd Gottfredson's Mickey Mouse comics. I love serialized comic strips, and the history behind his comics was really interesting, so I think I just need to plunge into my backlog and start going through those strips!

I've heard so many good things about the Fantagraphic volumes, but I'm always hesitant on buying them because of the price tag. They're a bit more pricey than other graphic novels out there. I'll eventually buy them because I too, am interested in reading some of Barks's early stories. I've read quite a number thanks to Greece reprinting them in their "Walt Disney Comics" magazine. They were so good I actually stopped buying the Phantom Duck comics and bought those every month instead. Truly great stuff.

As for Rosa's stories... I haven't read all that many. Or at least none that I can recall. The only one I recall reading is an origin story on how Gladstone got his luck. It was really enjoyable and there was some nice humour thrown in there. But I really want to read "The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck" one day. Sadly, as of now the book is out of print and goes for way too much online. If Fantagraphics releases it, you can bet it'll be the first volume I buy from them.

Now, one story besides Barks and Rosa I highly recommend is a 10 part story showing how Scrooge earned his first to ten million dollars. They are really entertaining and I remember reading them a while back when they were published in the weekly Mickey Mouse comics digest in Greece. I used to have all parts, but lost most of them. I think they were released digitally by Disney a few years back, but I'm not too sure on that. I know the mini-series was called "All of Scrooge McDuck's Millions" in English, so if you get the chance, read it.

Rosa's very good, but frankly the worshipping of him on the anglosphere circles starts to grate my nerves a bit. Still can't top Giorgio Cavazzano for me tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 2

There was an italian artist who was (and still is) considered on the same level of Barks and Gottfredson:

romano-scarpa-e1389594867953.jpg

Romano Scarpa. One of if not the best artist Disney had to offer.

Creator of many memorable characters such as

brigitta-barks.gif

Brigitta McBridge, eternal and unsuccessfull lover of Scrooge McDuck (the image above was requested by none other than Carl Barks, who suggested a story with Brigitta using a money-scent perfume to ipnotize Scrooge)

d1892.gif

Trudy, fiance and partner in crime of Pete

In his early years he also draw a lot of stories about Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (in which the evl queen was still alive and beautiful), and to outline the titular princess he got the help of his wife and model Sandra Zanardi

biancaneve-come-sandra-scarpa.jpg

Scarpa was author of tons of great stories, one of the most famous is probably Paperolimpiadi

6a00d8341c684553ef0168e9f318b9970c-pi.jp

8 episodes, a total of 250 pages, a story builded around the Korean Olympic Games of 1988

He's one of the reasons I'm proud to be italian biggrin.png

My obsession with Disney comics started at the age of 7 (when I could barely read), as I saw a commercial of disney comics featuring mini figurines to collect because of the 30th anniversary of the comics. As a huge disney cartoon fan,  I bought all of them, read them, and really enjoyed them, so I bought another one. And another one. And another one... And now, 12 years later, I got this:

15enMRA.png

They look awesome on a shelf once you got all of them of one year.

w0Dh7fU.png

The rest of them - haven't had the time to put them in the right order, yet.

Those are my over 300 "Lustige Taschenbücher" (which translates into "Funny pocket books") and feature translations of italian comics that got published by Topolino, so personally, I'm much more fond of italian comics than of the american Duck comics, with Barks, Rosa, Rota (who is Italian but mostly draws in the american 4 row layout) and Korhonen (a newbie, pretty much, but he's a great writer and good artist). Oh, and Gottfredson, of course, his Mickey dailys are hilarious as well.

There are so many italian artists I love. Most of all Cavazzano, I just love his style, but also Ziche for her wackiness she brings to the table, Massimo de Vita, Scarpa, Gervasio, Casty and Fecchi are also fantastic, Scala I like quite a bit, too. Most of those artist share something, that american artists don't have: Their drawings all feel so "warm". It's hard to describe, but when you look at them, you just feel a part of the italian lifestyle in their drawings. Maybe that's just me, but that's seriously how they feel to me.

The series I currently enjoy the most is called (at least in Germany, maybe the Italian members here can help me out with the original title?) "The Legend of the first Duck Avenger", written and drawn by Gervasio, which focuses on, well, the first duck avenger and how he screws over the police and other thiefs who want to steal things before him. It is really fun to see how cleverly he tricks all those people and I really enjoy it.

• Thumbs Up 2

The series I currently enjoy the most is called (at least in Germany, maybe the Italian members here can help me out with the original title?) "The Legend of the first Duck Avenger", written and drawn by Gervasio, which focuses on, well, the first duck avenger and how he screws over the police and other thiefs who want to steal things before him. It is really fun to see how cleverly he tricks all those people and I really enjoy it.

The original title is "Le strabilianti imprese di Fantomius - Ladro Gentiluomo" ("The Astonishing Ventures of Fantomius - Gentleman Thief")

3037.jpg

I like it a lot too.

Especially the amount of details Gervasio puts in each story to recreate the atmosphere and the fashon of the earlier 20th century. Almost makes me think that Gervasio actually born in the year 1900 smile.png

d1892.gif

Trudy, fiance and partner in crime of Pete

Huh, I actually recently read a story with her from an old issue of "Walt Disney Classics" magazine. The story involved Pete and Trudy trying to rob a rich hotel. It was one of the few moments I rooted for Pete, as they showed a reason as to why he was a thief in the comics.

My obsession with Disney comics started at the age of 7 (when I could barely read), as I saw a commercial of disney comics featuring mini figurines to collect because of the 30th anniversary of the comics. As a huge disney cartoon fan,  I bought all of them, read them, and really enjoyed them, so I bought another one. And another one. And another one... And now, 12 years later, I got this:

15enMRA.png

They look awesome on a shelf once you got all of them of one year.

w0Dh7fU.png

The rest of them - haven't had the time to put them in the right order, yet.

*snip*

That is a mighty impressive collection you have there. I wish they'd release massive volumes like that in Greece. But hey, I'm at least glad we get the stories. And you know, most of the stories we get are from Italy. There was just a period where I read a lot of Barks's stories. As of now I'm reading what's currently being published in the revived "New! Mickey Mouse" weekly comics digest, which is basically like Italy's "Topolino" magazine. 

The story is called "Scrooge McDuck's Last Adventure" and I believe is from Italy. They are advertised as new stories and Italy is the only place I know where new stories get released to this day. Anyway I noticed the art was really well presented. It has the Disney style of old comics, while adding a more colourful and cartoony feel to them, as well as nice shading. 

I've also jumped aboard "The New Adventures of Phantom Duck" which is also from Italy. I heard good things about these stories and I haven't read Phantom Duck since 2008. So I picked up the latest issue. I've yet to read it but it sure looks interesting.

Now, Thigolf and FearTear, you mentioned Italian artists writers. I was never aware of their names, since they actually don't get credited here in the magazines. I kinda wish they'd credit all the people in the beginning of an issue like in American produced comics. But anyway, I'm pretty confident the current stories being published in Greece are Italian. I nabbed "New! Mickey Mouse #2" and "The New Adventures of Phantom Duck #16" today. 

cvdoFIY.jpg

I believe these publications are similar to those published in Italy and Germany. Acutally, I'm almost positive that the Phantom Duck (called Duck Avenger in some areas) comics are exactly the same. Greece is just probably behind due to the 9 month hiatus the comics took.

Edit:

Rosa's very good, but frankly the worshipping of him on the anglosphere circles starts to grate my nerves a bit. Still can't top Giorgio Cavazzano for me tongue.png

Giorgio Cavazzano... hmm. *google searches* Holy crap!

N0MC3C8.jpg

I know this guy! They used this drawing for the "Scrooge McDuck's Millions" story arc when it was being published in Greece!

2Wrb3Jn.jpg

Funny how I was just talking about that story a while ago. I agree that he's a fantastic artist. I looked up some pages he made and it definitely looks like the style I was describing before. Perhaps he also made the interiors for "Scrooge McDuck's Last Adventure"? That'd be pretty sweet if it was him. :D

Edited by SwiftWinds

cvdoFIY.jpg

I believe these publications are similar to those published in Italy and Germany. Acutally, I'm almost positive that the Phantom Duck (called Duck Avenger in some areas) comics are exactly the same. Greece is just probably behind due to the 9 month hiatus the comics took.

Scrooge's last adventure was a story published in 4 different Topolino issues, week by week. Its author managed to portray all these characters in a stunning way, even the seldom used Flintheart Glomgold. One of my favourite issues from the Duck World, that's for sure.

The Phantom Duck issues are just how they were printed here in Italy. Of course, Phantom Duck is known as Paperinik here in its native country, and the series was called "Paperinik New Adventures" (PKNA, for short). But that particular issue (originally titled "Seconda Stesura" / "Second Draft") was # 12, not 16.

Also, without sounding disrespectful, not crediting the original authors is just plain bullshit. Topolino used to do that in its early years (we're talking about the 40s, 50s, here), but thanfully it's not the case anymore.

Edit: By the way, Cavazzano didn't made the interiors for Scrooge's Last Adventure. They were the work of another talented artist, Alessandro Perina.

Oh, now that Paperinik New Adventures is mentioned some great guys made three motion comics on youtube based on three issues:

All of them written by Bruno Enna (first draw by Claudio Sciarrone, second by Marco Palazzi, third by Giovanni Rigano.

If you have time, I suggest you to take a look smile.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Disney comics had (and still have today) an important part in the comic industry here in Italy (wish i could say the same for other comics outside of the Bonelli comic series, but i digress); as a kid i read tons and tons of comics involving Mickey Mouse (in particular the stories from Scarpa, like Brigaboom of course) and your classic characters, but there were other minor comics i read too and want to point out:

*Monster Allergy, an ok-ish series involving two kids and all sorts of monsters. Kinda sorta like Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.

*Kylion, a sci-fi miniseries involving a group of teenagers colonialists crashing on a wild planet and just trying to survive and integrate with the local population.

*X-Mickey, a comic series without a strict continuity involving Mickey Mouse having paranormal and horror andvetures with a complete new cast of very interesting characters.

Sadly, it seems that in the rest of the world, the most known Disney italian comics are W.I.T.C.H. and Winx, wich are basically the equivalent of the mahou shojo formula of mangas. It would be fine if there were other options, but sadly, not a lot sitck out like those 2 series.

To end this, a personal confession (especially to all other italians of the board): i really, really, really wanted to read PK/PKNA when i was a kid (especially considering the more serious tones of the series), but i never had the chance, and doing today with scans would be like an insult. I'll try my best to find a friend that has a complete collection.

Scrooge's last adventure was a story published in 4 different Topolino issues, week by week. Its author managed to portray all these characters in a stunning way, even the seldom used Flintheart Glomgold. One of my favourite issues from the Duck World, that's for sure.

Okay, so we are behind. Ah well, these are enjoyable stories. We're currently on Part 2 and it's really awesome. It's the first time I've read a story where all of McDuck's enemies team up and overthrow him. Can't wait to read the conclusion! This was definitely a great start to revive the comics in Greece, though I was a bit perplexed on why Mickey Mouse was renumbered and Phantom Duck wasn't.

Also, without sounding disrespectful, not crediting the original authors is just plain bullshit. Topolino used to do that in its early years (we're talking about the 40s, 50s, here), but thanfully it's not the case anymore.

Yeah, I told myself at first "there's no way they didn't credit the authors and artists" but I flipped through every page on both Mickey Mouse and Phantom Duck and credits were nowhere to be found. Isn't this considered illegal in some areas? I'm sure you wouldn't be able to get away with this in the States, or heck, other countries in Europe. The comics do have a contact e-mail. The least I could do is send them a message about this, but if they haven't been doing it for years, I doubt they care.

Just wondering: Is the "Scrooge's last adventure" Story the one in which all the villians combine their powers to steal everything Scrooge has and literally everyone helps him to get his empire back? That one was recently published in Germany too (in one single issue), and I really loved that one as well, the way how well all those characters were portrayed despite there being so many of them was amazing and the way everything plays out is so much fun to read through. Highly recommend it to everyone to look it up.

Regarding PKNA: The series was incredibly hard to get over here in Germany because nobody bought them. Why? Because the Publisher started with the second Story, ignoring the first issue. Because of this, Readers were confused the whole way through and the series was cancelled over here. Luckily, all those Comics are getting re-prints now, along with Mickey X featuring Mickey and a werewolf Goofy. They're pretty decent too, though I prefer Paperinik.

Edit: Regarding the crediting: The early translations of the Topolino stories in Germany didnt feature the Artist's and writer's Name either, but starting with the late 200s (were at 456 now) they finally started giving them the credit they deserve. I don't even get why you wouldn't credit them.

Just wondering: Is the "Scrooge's last adventure" Story the one in which all the villians combine their powers to steal everything Scrooge has and literally everyone helps him to get his empire back?

Edit: Regarding the crediting: The early translations of the Topolino stories in Germany didnt feature the Artist's and writer's Name either, but starting with the late 200s (were at 456 now) they finally started giving them the credit they deserve. I don't even get why you wouldn't credit them.

Yep, my germanic friend. Exactly that one. I'd sure love a trade edition of that story...

Also, in regard to the credit thingy...for what concerns us, the reason was simple; it made kids think that the stories were written by Mr. Disney himself. That's the reason why you have his signature in every story of that period. It was stupid and pointless...but there you have it.

Ohohoho! Lemme just say that growing up in the Netherlands for most of my life, I was surrounded by Disney comics day after day, week after week. I was a casual reader who would read some of the great and funny stories within each comic, but it was my older sister who was always really into them and had a membership since she was little...which she still has today!

Yep, Donald Duck is super popular in Holland, in fact so popular it's almost become a part of Dutch culture. The comics were first released there in 1952 and its popularity has grown ever since. There are Dutch artists on the comics which create their own unique adventures, but they also translate the American, Italian and even Danish comics. Here are the different comics still being released today;

2614_0.jpg

This is the main comic book (weekblad) simply known as Donald Duck! This one is released every week with stories about Donald, Scrooge and Daisy but also other Disney characters like Mickey Mouse and Goofy, Dumbo and Simba. The comic shown here had the characters' stories set in certain provinces of the Netherlands to celebrate the comic's 60th anniversary, in this case Limburg.

1328795573_donald-duck-extra-het-schatei

The Donald Duck Extra is released monthly and features just one big story plus some extra informative stuff at the end, hence the Extra. Personally, I've never read these so I don't know much about them.

katrien_zps50874517.jpg

"'Specially for girls!" Katrien, which is Daisy's Dutch name, is probably one of the most recent comic books to be published and it's essentially a spin off of Donald Duck. Released bi-monthly and featuring comics with Daisy Duck and her err..nieces, this is another one I never read. It's a bit too girly for my liking. XP

1001004010930819.jpg

And finally we have the Donald Duck Pockets, small books with more than 200 pages worth of great comics featuring Donald, Mickey and Goofy (or Indiana Goofy!) all for the price of just €5.25! There's even special English editions of these books, to help Dutch kids learn English! I only own four of these Pockets, but I enjoy reading them and wish I could own a bigger collection.

Of course, the disadvantage of living in England now is that I have no access to these amazing comics anymore. Only when my sister comes over does she have a few comics to spare for me to read. Oh, I love Donald Duck! I just can't get enough of them! <3

Edit:

Giorgio Cavazzano... hmm. *google searches* Holy crap!

N0MC3C8.jpg

I know this guy! They used this drawing for the "Scrooge McDuck's Millions" story arc when it was being published in Greece!

2Wrb3Jn.jpg

Funny how I was just talking about that story a while ago. I agree that he's a fantastic artist. I looked up some pages he made and it definitely looks like the style I was describing before. Perhaps he also made the interiors for "Scrooge McDuck's Last Adventure"? That'd be pretty sweet if it was him. biggrin.png

Cavazzano is one of the great old Disney masters, an apprentice of Scarpa IIRC who came into his own during the 70's and 80's with his cinematic, dynamic style. Most modern Italian-style Duck comics are styled after his art, to the point it can get a bit difficult to tell him apart (although IMO you still can- they're the ones best draw wink.png )

Ohh all this talk about Disney comics around the world is interesting. I think I'll present to you what I'd read back in my grade school days. A comic magazine called Almanako featuring Phantom Duck!

jgyRm45.jpg

This magazine was published monthly and had stories featuring Phantom Duck, Indiana Goofy and Super Goofy. As bonuses you'd get feautres on video games and sports. This was everything little 10 year old me could want! I'd pick this up religiously every month and had stacks of issues during my elementary years. Sadly, I've now lost them but I won't give up in finding them. (I'm sure they're in my basement somewhere).

So why'd I bring this up? Well, every cover has Phantom Duck featured, but in the earlier days characters like Mickey, Super Goofy and such would get the spotlight. As I was looking through issues online, I surprisingly found one that stood out. Issue #39.

JoE6752.jpg

Yup! That's Sonic and Robotnik all right! In addition, it's art I haven't seen in any Sonic media before. May as well share it with my fellow citizens on SSMB, right? What's really surprising is how every single issue would have a Disney character on it. This is the only one in the magazine's history to feature a video game character. Interesting isn't it?

The magazine later transformed to a quarterly Super Almanako before it got canned after the 6th issue after the comicpocalypse (as I call it) in Greece where every Disney comic magazine got pulled 9 months ago. So there you have it. A little interesting tidbit from my end. :D

So.

This week PK (or Duck Avenger, if you prefer) is back on the pages of Topolino, with a 4-parts story (the first part this week, the other 3 in the next 3 weeks)

I was excited... but then they decide to do something never done before: they ask the readers to go to Topolino's official site and vote how they like the story to go.

In a nutshell: the poll will be closed on july 14th. Which means that the fourth part of the story that will be published will be just one of two sets of pages already drawn, inked and colored.

This pretty much killed the excitement in me. It completely destroyed the narrative pact. Now whichever option wins, I'll know it's not because the character decided to act that way, but because an external factor decided for him.

What is the question of the poll, you may ask?

Without spoiling the entire plot (of the first part)

A new army of Evronians is conquering the Earth. To fight them, tPK is forced to go back into his old base, the Ducklair Tower, and retrieve a new arsenal of weapons.

Just when he finds the arsenal, PK is ambushed by four evronians. At this point, a big red button rises from the floor and an unknown voice tells PK that this is the self-destruction button.

The question asked to the readers is:

What do you want PK to do? Fight the evronians or destroy the tower?

...no. Just... NO! This question is stupid! Why would PK want to destroy the tower, risking his life and that of many innocents that still work in the tower, just to destroy FOUR evronians? This is stupid! Unbelievable! Out of character if the destruction of the tower wins the poll!

And you know what's worse?

The author of the story, Francesco Artibani, said on facebook that he hope for the tower's destruction to win, because, in his own words "it would open many narrative possibilities".

Then why open the poll in the first place! Just write what do you like to write, you moron!

Edit:

Still on facebook, Artibani just precised that this question does NOT refers to the current situation, but to a different moment that will happen later in the story, in which PK will still decide if it's better to destroy the tower or not, but under different circumstances.

Was it to hard to precise this right on the pages of Topolino?

As soon as I saw  that you posted something in this something, I already knew what you were going to talk about. (I'm a lurker of the Papersera forum since 2004; my username there is Agdy Day, I think.)

I like the idea, though. Making the readers part of the story may be tricky, but the author of the story already showed what he's capable of on countless occasions.

This topic is pure win.

I grew up with Disney comics. They release several magazines per month over here.

2lcba87.jpg

2cnv2ja.jpg

55jznq.jpg

x44ta9.jpg

My parents used to buy me most of them each month but now I stick to the special issues they release every 2-3 months. Some of them collect many Paperinik/PowerDuck (known as Fantomiald here) stories. Others are centered on Scrooge/Picsou.
Recently they released two special issue for Donald's 80th anniversary, and yes I've bought them ^^

Carl Barks, Don Rosa and Cavazzano are HUGE influences on my art. Even today people say that my style has a Disney influence.

That "choose how the story ends" stuff takes me wayyy back to the early 2000s when I swear they'd do that to a crap ton of media. Anyway, I think it's an interesting idea for the kids. Stuff like this was always fun to do back in the day, but I can see why you'd be unpleasant with it. It really has a lot of pros and cons, but sometimes stuff happens that you can't do anything about.

55jznq.jpg

My parents used to buy me most of them each month but now I stick to the special issues they release every 2-3 months. Some of them collect many Paperinik/PowerDuck (known as Fantomiald here) stories. Others are centered on Scrooge/Picsou.
Recently they released two special issue for Donald's 80th anniversary, and yes I've bought them ^^

That issue! I actually saw that issue for sale when I visited France over spring break. It's the one that came with Scrooge's lucky dime as a gift, right? It even had it cute little pouch. :3 I was so tempted to buy it, but since I don't speak French I figured not to waste my money on something I can't even read.

It's also really interesting how Donald Duck's superhero alter ego (is that what you call it?) name varies from country. So far we have Duck Avenger, Superduck, Phantom Duck, Paperinik, PowerDuck. Man, they just can't use one universal name? Eh. I think Phantom Duck is the coolest of them all, but that's maybe because he was introduced to me with that name. 

Carl Barks, Don Rosa and Cavazzano are HUGE influences on my art. Even today people say that my style has a Disney influence.

That's really awesome! Barks and Rosa are both legends when it comes to the Disney Comics industry. It's nice to see you admire their art as much as I do, as well as many others around the world. And hey, if your art has a Disney influence, perhaps you could work for Disney in the future? If you're interested in that sort of stuff anyway. 

That issue! I actually saw that issue for sale when I visited France over spring break. It's the one that came with Scrooge's lucky dime as a gift, right? It even had it cute little pouch. :3 I was so tempted to buy it, but since I don't speak French I figured not to waste my money on something I can't even read.

Yes, this issue came with Scrooge's lucky dime :)

So far we have Duck Avenger, Superduck, Phantom Duck, Paperinik, PowerDuck

Add Fantomiald, his French name :)

That's really awesome! Barks and Rosa are both legends when it comes to the Disney Comics industry. It's nice to see you admire their art as much as I do, as well as many others around the world. And hey, if your art has a Disney influence, perhaps you could work for Disney in the future? If you're interested in that sort of stuff anyway.

Believe me, if I see an opportunity, I'll jump on it. I tried writing to those French magazines but none of them replied.

I have not really read many Disney comics apart from a few Donald Duck ones I bought on the Playstation Store back when you could get comics for the PSP. Although I do have the PK Out of the Shadows game for PS2 and It's pretty fun. I'm actually glad to have found out they decided to continue the PK story with the comics.

I have not really read many Disney comics apart from a few Donald Duck ones I bought on the Playstation Store back when you could get comics for the PSP. Although I do have the PK Out of the Shadows game for PS2 and It's pretty fun. I'm actually glad to have found out they decided to continue the PK story with the comics.

ehm...

PK was created in 1969. That's the year his first comic issue was printed. The game is just a very loose (VERY LOOSE) adaptation of the comic book series that ran from 1996 to 2001.