Awoo.

Super Smash Brothers Tournament Discussion

VO.SUPER

I heard the commentators talking earlier about it being one of the players' "last summer" at tournaments or something? It was while aMSa was playing, I missed the full context but it made me worry that aMSa was gonna be retiring on some level after this.

I'm officially a fan of his now so I really hope that isn't the case 8(

If I had to guess it should be the older ones, but aMSa is a possibility. He comes all the way from Japan, so it's a very tough to bring him all the way here to the US.

Armada is nuts, and Mango is nuts. I think I'm about to have a heart attack here. That match just started off so badly for Armada, I did not expect him to make a comeback during the final half there, with Mango playing especially aggressive and defensive for once. Peach had great power in her attacks, but Fox had the speed and the lasers to really rack up that damage. I was a nervous wreck, expecting Mango to up smash him multiple times. That up attack of Fox's is hell to expect. 

• Thumbs Up 1

MLG is going full stupid during these championship pools, because the ads are going rampant everywhere, and there are people complaining that they are not allowed to watch smash, spectators and competitors alike. 

Well, right now it's just some friendlies now that the games are pretty much over for now. 

OMG THAT AXE VS HUNGRYBOX SET.  Axe looking far too strong!  Absolutely incredible.

Oh for those who don't know, Axe is a world class Pikachu player and he just convincingly defeated one of the top 5 players in the world in Loser's Bracket with a low/mid tier character (score was 3-1 to Axe).  The hype was too powerful.

Hax vs Leffen next.  Heated rivalry.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was honestly waiting for the final rounds, but if losers were that hype, then damn am I missing out. 

Axe has already defeated two Gods. Damn.

Also is m2k in winners or losers

edit:m2k vs armada hype

And it's down to M2K, Mango and Armada! M2K and Mango have both been doing great today but Armada has just been on his game this entire time. Like, god damn.

Also one of the guys in the crowd has a Marth sign from the invitational haha.

M2K takes it over PPMD to secure at least 3rd place!  Next up Mango vs Armada in Winners Finals!

I'm actually really disqppointed that Hungrybox went down so quickly, with the other four Gods making the top four.

rrrrggggh this is so stressful to watch, I really don't want Mango to win this, fucking sick of Fox dominating the tier list.

• Thumbs Up 2

Armada :( man that victory was so close in grasp, he must feel so dejected. My stream went totally crap towards the end so I missed the end too.

Armada sad.png man that victory was so close in grasp, he must feel so dejected. My stream went totally crap towards the end so I missed the end too.

Armada airdodged too close to the ledge and SD'd because of it. Probably a really disheartening way to lose such an important match.

• Thumbs Up 2

He self destructed so it was even more of a burn for Armada, Mango knew it and stood up, dropped his controller and walker left of the stage cheering before the match even said GAME!

Man Armada looked so sad this is both heart breaking and intense man...

• Thumbs Up 2

I feel that Armada can definitely beat M2K in Losers Finals.  Armada has a very strong track record against him.  Hopefully after that he can bring it back in Grands.

• Thumbs Up 2

Rrrrrrgh god dammit, it seems like Armada is at a loss on flat, large stages with not being able to use his down shield attack through a platform, Shiek is literally to fast that once Peach is juggled she has a very small chance of making a come back from it.

God dammit.