Awoo.

Steam Summer Sale 2014: Prepare your wallet

kimplix

It kind of sucks that DMC4 is capped at 720p on PC.

Is DMC4 a good game though?

I'll be getting Counter-Strike Source and Gmod since they're both on sale, but this PC is giving me too much shit so I need to get my new (hopefully and presumably much, much more stable) PC first. 

Oh, CS: Source. I've been needing to get that, since so many GMod things use it as a dependency.

Is DMC4 a good game though?

I'm not going to call it a bad game, but the 15-second interval locked room fights get annoying after a while.

And what I mean that it sucks that the game is capped at 720p means that all they did with this port was make it function on PC and change the values of the framecap. I'm not sure why they couldn't just let the game render at your monitors native resolution.

BTW AVGN Adventures is pretty fun. Frustrating and filled with false difficulty bullcrap, but at least the checkpoints are frequent enough for it to not hinder progress.

You guys might be jumping the gun with the Sonic pack.  I mean it's still a good deal but from looking around, -50% seems to be the default price for any game that isn't a recent release.

In fact, generally if it says the deal lasts until June 29th, don't buy until the last day.  You might miss out on an even better Daily Deal.

• Thumbs Up 2

You guys might be jumping the gun with the Sonic pack.  I mean it's still a good deal but from looking around, -50% seems to be the default price for any game that isn't a recent release.

Same as it was for the Christmas sale. 50% pretty much everything of even minor import; then firesales at various points then on for random games.

Be careful with jumping on the Sonic stuff, I've seen the mega packs and individual titles go for 75% off on several occasions in the last few months.

Green Man Gaming had them at that a few weeks ago and they included Steam codes.

One time (actually... TWICE) SEGA made a mistake with the Sonic pack and made it $14.99 to own every Sonic game on Steam. I was going to grab it but then I realized I owned most of it so I didn't really bother. Hours later, it jumped to $29.99 and I was like.. oh crap.

lmao I'd love to see Akane the Kunoichi get a 75% drop

And I already have the sonic pack. It's a ludicrously good deal regardless of discounts.

Can someone PM me if Dark Souls II gets a steeper discount? 33% is still kinda high.

Is Octodad a good price at £4.07?

I just nabbed it and am not disappointed so far.  Even if it's only a couple of hours, being an indie game and all, I think £4 will be worth it judging by how fun the first few scenes were.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I wasn't really planning on getting many games in this summer sale, but now that Aquarius is still not part of a sale I've been looking at other games I may consider getting for cheap! The ones I'm most interested in getting atm are Gone Home, Skullgirls (this one might get a daily deal?), AVGN Adventures, To the Moon, Octodad, Miasmata, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, Eryi's Action, Bunny Must Die, and Mark of the Ninja.

Yeah, that's a lot of games. XD;; I'll keep checking for good deals but I think picking up Octodad right now would be a good idea.

Hello I am a person who nobody's heard of and never says anything and I'm here to talk to you about

Noitu Love 2, my second-favorite game ever.

It is arcade and explosions and wonderful pixel art and music and lots of mad clicking

and, for the duration of Steam Summer Suffering, priced at only 2 of any currency.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/207530/

It's also got cards and a badge if you're into that kind of thing.

I just nabbed it and am not disappointed so far.  Even if it's only a couple of hours, being an indie game and all, I think £4 will be worth it judging by how fun the first few scenes were.

Yeah, might as well. The game is getting Steam Workshop support so it would be better to get it on PC rather than the PS4.

Hello I am a person who nobody's heard of and never says anything and I'm here to talk to you about

Noitu Love 2, my second-favorite game ever.

It is arcade and explosions and wonderful pixel art and music and lots of mad clicking

and, for the duration of Steam Summer Suffering, priced at only 2 of any currency.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/207530/

It's also got cards and a badge if you're into that kind of thing.

Oh thanks man, i was wondering if this would go on sale.

You'll have to be quick, but I definitely recommend Euro truck Simulator, it's a really good game when you get your own truck company set up.

Red Alert 3 is more than worth it at that price too, for £2.50, more than worth it.

I don't know about that. I played Red Alert 3 and it had some of the most arbitrary design I've ever seen.  I spent more time fighting the camera than the enemies.

New deals in 11 minutes

Really disappointed with that Plague Inc discount.

Prison Architect is really tempting me.

Game Dev Tycoon... hmmm not sure, I kinda want it yet the game has a lot of problems... 

Anyone got any opinions on state of decay?