Awoo.

Steam Summer Sale 2014: Prepare your wallet

kimplix

May Gaben have mercy on my soul.

So this was my first Steam Summer Sale and I kinda went a bit nuts with it. Only been a member for about a month, and I've gone from owning 3 games to owning over 60. Damn bundle packs and their low, low prices.

I just hope the Sonic Collection gets a Daily/Flash sale. If not, guess I'll just buy it for £15 on the last day.

I know that feel. This was my first Steam Summer Sale aswell (to spend on). I went a bit overdue, but I did manage to pick up some good games

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is now only 2 pounds! Is it worth it? It looks amazing but I hope it runs okay on my laptop.

Games like Brothers aren't normally my kind of thing, but I liked it; it's definitely worth a try for that price. It ran fine on my kinda-shitty laptop, too, for whatever that's worth.

...I've got a buddy with a Mac who I owe a gift. Does anyone have any (reasonably inexpensive) recommendations?

Games like Brothers aren't normally my kind of thing, but I ended up liking it; it's definitely worth a try for that price. It ran fine on my kinda-shitty laptop, too, for whatever that's worth.

That's great! =D I checked out Can You Run It a minute ago and it seems my laptop should be able to handle the game just fine. That's my second purchase now. ^^

Games like Brothers aren't normally my kind of thing, but I liked it; it's definitely worth a try for that price. It ran fine on my kinda-shitty laptop, too, for whatever that's worth.

...I've got a buddy with a Mac who I owe a gift. Does anyone have any (reasonably inexpensive) recommendations?

Castle Crashers and any Valve game with Mac Support. Those are the best two I can come up with.

I've already 100% ASRT on my 360...but I guess it is worth playing it on PC considering it looks miles better and runs at 60+ fps, and I sold my 360 copy anyway. Why not. I'll buy it.

Plus, there's more characters.

Current damage.

State of Decay.

Plague Inc.

Battleblock theatre

Castle Crashers

ASRT 

Garry's Mod (+ 1 gifted copy).

Still waiting and hoping for Life Goes On.

So far I've bought:

• Deus Ex Human Revolution: Directors Cut
  • DmC + DLC
  • Far Cry 3 Deluxe Edition and Blood Dragon
  • Mirror's Edge
  • Octodad: Dadliest Catch
  • Sleeping Dogs + DLC
  • All Stars Racing Transformed + DLC
  • Transformers: War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron

Y u do dis to me Steam? Oh well. Still not as expensive as a new console game.

So would it be a good idea to just wait until the last day to see if sonic 4 episode 2 gets a price drop? Might think about getting it either way but I just want to know.

Steam sales are always a very painful time for my wallet.

Currently looking at: 

• The Witcher 1 & 2
  • South Park: The Stick of Truth + DLC (which became useless after about half an hour of playing :/)
  • Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
  • Monaco
  • Octodad:Dadliest Catch
  • Prison Architect
  • Amnesia: Machine for Pigs
  • The Walking Dead Season 2
  • Plague Inc Evolved
  • Darks Souls: PTD Edition
  • Castle Crashers

There is something wrong with me and I need help

So would it be a good idea to just wait until the last day to see if sonic 4 episode 2 gets a price drop? Might think about getting it either way but I just want to know.

If a game you want isn't part of a daily or flash sale at all, then just get it on the last day. Be careful though. The last day normally means the 29th, not the 30th. The 30th is when the sale ends.

Given in and bought Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons as well now. Been curious about it for a long time, and I'm a sucker for anything fairytale-esque, so the 80% sale price was just too good to say no to!

Picked up Kairo on my wishlist on Steam as I've been wanting to try it since I wanted to try something similar to Naissance.

Bought a game that I adamantly didn't want because it was 90% off and got good reviews. Gaben, have mercy.

I didn't buy em all but among family and friends my wishlist has almost been cleared out due to birthday lol.  All that remains is an early access game I'm not crazy about owning asap, and ports of games I own on other consoles but would be good to have on PC for convenience.

Currently have Mirrors Edge, Far Cry 3, and Tomb Raider under my belt. Really hoping Rayman Legends gets a another drop. I saw it earlier for like 75% off but forgot to pick it up. XD Thinking about getting Fallout 3 but I just don't know when I'd get into it. I've heard nothing but good things but I think I might just wait until the holiday sale for it to inevitably go down again (maybe even more). Going to have a lot to play when I upgrade my computer for college in a month.

So far have gotten Metal Gear Rising (holy balls is it fun, though it's kinda hard/I suck at it), Terraria, Skyrim: Legendary Edition, and then a buddy of mine bought me the Borderlands 2 GOTY Edition, as well as another friend buying me a skin for the Mechromancer. Tempted to get Infinite today since I really wanted to try my hand at it after the mixed reviews, but on the other hand I kinda already dropped like 80 bucks at a used game store yesterday, so I might have to hold off XD.

This summer sale shits though is working, I'm definitely getting more active and involved on Steam lmao.

I'm trying to give a shit about the steam sales but it's not happening.

Most of the Daily Deals and Flash Sales are either games I already own or games I don't really care about.

Is this how sales usually play out? Because I'm not seeing what the hype is about.

Most of the Daily Deals and Flash Sales are either games I already own or games I don't really care about.

Is this how sales usually play out? Because I'm not seeing what the hype is about.

It varies from person to person really. Some people may like everything they see and not have it and it'll be the opposite for others.

Bioshock Infinite is currently 75% off (£4.99)

I've heard good things, should I be tempted?

Bioshock Infinite is currently 75% off (£4.99)

I've heard good things, should I be tempted?

It's worth playing just for the story.  But only if you've played BioShock 1 already, the story is like 5 times more enjoyable if you have due to parallels and other stuff, even though they aren't related.

It's usually the best time to try out new games that you wouldn't have looked twice at otherwise. It's safer to branch out into a game you may have doubts about if it only costs two bucks, or is being sold at enormously generous discount (75% or more off). This year for me, this applies for Marlow Briggs, Castle Crashers, Brothers, Borderlands 2 and Guacamelee. I would've never purchased any of those games at full price. Heck, I didn't even want Crashers, but it was only a buck. Alot of the stuff that looks unappealing or boring at face value might turn actually turn out to be worth your while, and and such a low price theres really not much risk involved in the process. I'm hearing really good things about Briggs, so I can't wait to download that one later on this year when I get better internet.

SteamWorld Dig is the latest title to make me crack open my wallet... I kept hearing good impressions about the 3DS version, and it's only £1.74 in the sale, so I thought it was at least worth a try!

That makes four games in my summer sale adventure so far - Metal Gear Rising, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, Bioshock Infinite, SteamWorld Dig. Kinda hoping nothing else takes my fancy now, the £20 or so I've spent already seems like a reasonable amount to finish on :lol:

So, in a flash sale, the majority of the Assassin's Creed series is on sale for $5.00 or less, ergo 75% off. ANd just when I started taking an interest to series. Sigh, looks like my funds might be used in this summer sale after all.

So any, highlights/must-buys of the series?

One of my friends bought Civilization V yesterday, poor bastard. I picked it up myself earlier today; I figured I'd end up looking dumb for waiting for a bigger discount, but... whoops, guess not.

Of course, I've never played a Civ game before, so the joke will turn right back around to being on me if I don't like it.