Awoo.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii-U, Switch) 2017

Nintendoga

The resource gathering and cooking has me and i think many other people too wondering what types of additional magic elements may appear off the Plateau. 

There are already many fantastic types of abilities from the Shiekah slate, and the Fire Rod was found too.  Yet it seems like there is room at least for other categories of magic techniques.  it's hard to tell if resources would be used for them or not but there are certainly ways that it would make sense!

Even if the option to name Link is gone in this particular game, its existence in others only serves to bolster the argument that gamers are indeed fine with Link being named dumb crap like 2 Chainz or Shithead than him having an equally optional voice actress, despite the fact that the former has an actual affect on the quality of the narrative and contradicts canon all in one fell swoop. This is just another example of the hand-wringing people will do to try to explain away the elephant in the room that is there being literally nothing in the continuity barring Link from being a woman, that he always just so happens to reincarnate as a man simply because Nintendo wants him to, because admitting that would be admitting that a lot of the pushback against this idea is being done for pretty unsavory reasons.

2 minutes ago, expansivelovestories said:

The resource gathering and cooking has me and i think many other people too wondering what types of additional magic elements may appear off the Plateau. 

There are already many fantastic types of abilities from the Shiekah slate, and the Fire Rod was found too.  Yet it seems like there is room at least for other categories of magic techniques.  it's hard to tell if resources would be used for them or not but there are certainly ways that it would make sense!

Since we know that towns are in the game and Link can pick up non-food items like jelly and horns and bones and things, I imagine we're going to have access to potions that either permanently or temporarily increase Links stats far better than what found items can afford, but they're going to be much much harder to obtain than stuff found in the fields.

• Thumbs Up 2

It sounds like the developers faced some pretty big issues with some very important game mechanics a good ways into the development process, and that unexpectedly forced the game's release back. Nintendo doesn't release broken games, so I'm fine with the delay, but... I do worry that the naturalistic music score won't have much in the way of iconic tracks. :(

• Thumbs Up 1

The theme we've heard in the trailer is already an earworm (to me at least), and I imagine things like towns, boss battles, cut scenes and things will have some more bombastic tracks.

6 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

The theme we've heard in the trailer is already an earworm (to me at least), and I imagine things like towns, boss battles, cut scenes and things will have some more bombastic tracks.

Oh yeah. The overworld music will be light, but I definitely think downs will have more music to them, and we KNOW boss battles will (namely, the Steppe Talus boss battle).

Wait. I thought they were already helping out? Or--

1 minute ago, JaidynReiman said:

Not too shocking. Monolith actually offered to help Nintendo with Zelda a while back when they had to keep delaying the game.

...ah. Guess I was thinking of that.

I'm curious to see what kind of Xenoblade influences we might see in this game. I'd laugh if we saw a Collectopedia.

8 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Hot Damn! 

Posted this last page

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think this is edited. It might give us some insight on where this game is in the timeline.ClM2yHtVAAEJiZz.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm thinking what happened 100 years ago is that Link tried to fight the Calamity Ganon, failed, and nearly (or actually?) died. Hence why he was taken to the Shrine of Resurrection. That still leaves a lot of questions unanswered, tho'.

And I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this was a Link we've played as before, but which one? Maybe he's one of the handheld games' Links, but the only reason for me to think that is that it'd be relatively surprising.

Edited by Celestia
  • Thumbs Up 2

I think it'd be interesting if this were to take place late in the same timeline that contains the two NES Zelda games. Would make a lot of sense, since said games take place in an "era of decline," and this version of Hyrule doesn't seem that much better off. It would blow my fucking mind if, somehow, this version of Link is directly connected to or even is the Link we see in the original game.

Also, BOTW as a whole feels a lot like Zelda 1 if that game were developed with modern technology and sensibilities. It's astounding just how much this title references it in its structure.

• Thumbs Up 6

qxEqTpD.png

More and more references are being found for Wind Waker. The Master Sword being where it is throws a huge wrench in the theory that it takes place after it, though, so I don't know.

Woah, first pic I've seen of the demo room

p6150265.jpg

Boy they were packed in like sardines, I remember hearing there were 140 demo units!

Because of all of the references from games on completely different branches of the timeline, people are putting forward a consolidated timeline theory where the three branches merge back into this one game, hence why SS, WW, and TP stuff are all over the place. It'd be interesting, and at the very least give Nintendo some breathing room in terms of canon.

• Thumbs Up 4

3 hours ago, Gambling Idol Luka said:

I don't think this is edited. It might give us some insight on where this game is in the timeline.ClM2yHtVAAEJiZz.jpg

Hylians seem to have evolved to not have nipples. This disqualifies the child timeline.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Nepenthe said:

Because of all of the references from games on completely different branches of the timeline, people are putting forward a consolidated timeline theory where the three branches merge back into this one game, hence why SS, WW, and TP stuff are all over the place. It'd be interesting, and at the very least give Nintendo some breathing room in terms of canon.

There goes my dream of a game where you can switch between Child Link, Adult Link, and Old Link...

7 hours ago, Gambling Idol Luka said:

Excited by the potential to ruin cutscenes by keeping Link in his underwear, making everything impossible to take seriously. Like in Xenoblade.

0.jpg

3 hours ago, Marcello said:

Hylians seem to have evolved to not have nipples. This disqualifies the child timeline.

Spoiler

68799d6cad7d6611717f48cda9e3911f.jpg

• Thumbs Up 6

6 hours ago, Nepenthe said:

Similarly, might it not also be the case that this game takes place before the OOT timeline split?

56 minutes ago, Patticus said:

Similarly, might it not also be the case that this game takes place before the OOT timeline split?

Ganon doesn't exist until OOT, so probably not.

• Thumbs Up 1