Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U)

Bluecore

Oh hang on, I'm not sure I got the time right for the Gamespot thing. It's 4:40PM PST.

Anyway, Sonic Boom is up on Gamespot in 40 minutes!

We still have a few more hours to go, it's Pacific time not Eastern.

We still have a few more hours to go, it's Pacific time not Eastern.

Oh yeah, I just noticed that. I'll have to stay up until 1:40am then. Oh well.

I don't get all the negativity about this game. After seeing that trailer, I'm even more excited than I was before!

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't get all the negativity about this game. After seeing that trailer, I'm even more excited than I was before!

Its not that it looks bad, it just looks really generic and uninteresting.

This trailer... THIS TRAILER. I've once again hoped on the Hype Bullet Train that's heading straight for the wall.

In all seriousness, this trailer just gave me more electrolytes to keep the hype pumped. I'll admit the first time something was bugging with my headphones so I didn't hear any voices just music and sound effects, does anyone know why this happened? I think it's cause they weren't plugged in all the way, but I liked the Lyric Sonic exchange but then I plugged them all the way in and... It's not the actual voices but more or less my favor towards other Sonic voice actors, that made it.. I don't know. BUT It was still, freaking awesome! I started hearing the voices and was still amazed because the story looks like it's gonna be good, same with the humor and the graphics. Seems there was a little update to the graphics. There are multiple paths on even the speed tracks from the looks of it. So cool. I'm liking it more that the reveal trailer.

EDIT: Also what the actual cluck... Is up.... with the word generic... If I used it as much as you guy, I'd be describing Lost World :U joking but that word... that word is getting generic (I'll be here sometimes at random nights stealing jokes, thank you and goodnight!) This doesn't look generic to me because games are all started to blend into a nothingness and for Sonic, this definitely isn't generic. I'm not saying that I just accept any game but this doesn't look generic like all the FPS's I see or racing games or kart games. To me this doesn't look anywhere near generic as those genre's do.

• Thumbs Up 2

I can more than understand why people are negative about the game. I've totally been there before, I can sympathise. In fact, what we see later on could make me share the same opinion as the, or it could not. I'm anxiously awaiting the E3 demo to see what a full level is like.

• Thumbs Up 1

This game has pretty much secured a day one purchase from me. The writing, gameplay, voice work and visuals are all looking good to me.

This game has pretty much secured a day one purchase from me. The writing, gameplay, voice work and visuals are all looking good to me.

If I have a WiiU by then, Same. Is the E3 Boom Demo today? If so where can I watch it. 4:40 right?

They'll fuck you up if you don't buy AND love the game. You'll play it and you'll smile dammit! Don't make Tails crack your skull with his oversized wrench!

The main thing that sticks out to me is that Lyric's not actually a giant.  You can tell in the boss fight footage that his head's only about as big as our heroes' heads.  Even his long tail and mech armour don't bulk him out too much.  I guess wherever said he was a giant snake misinterpreted the perspective (which is kind of an easy thing to do on that one 3DS screenshot of him).

Also note: The trailer mentions an "evil alliance," so further confirmation that Eggman and Lyric will be working together, though doubtless within the usual evil team dynamics (i.e. each planning to backstab the other when convenient).

One cool thing I like- Sonic and co woke up Lyric. I like that, that beats out another Eggman wakes up motw, to me.

I especially, again, Like the cutscenes so far.

Also, that looks so cool HogFather.

3mFjeEc.jpg

I think we all better start liking Boom....you know...just to piss this guy off.

That booth looks really cool though! And the title screen has sunflowers. Pwetty sunflowers!

• Thumbs Up 1

Just watched the trailer and my feelings for the game hasn't swayed an inch esp. after the gameplay footage and still give it a Meh. The combat still looks sluggish and clunky and the writing with Sonic and Lyric felt kinda lame/unimpressive. And I feel indifferent with the new villain. Also, again with the time traveling shtick? Though the only interesting thing with that is Sonic's possible backstory, but that's about it! 

Eh, from the looks of things, Boom (game) is starting to feel like a forgettable dud already.

"SONIC SUX" ~Knuckles the Echidna after spending too much time interacting with the internet Sonic fandom.

• Thumbs Up 4

"TAILS = NERD"

Knuckles, I'm sure you wouldn't be saying that if he made something for you.

Oh and your inferiority complex is showing by writing, "KNUCKS ROCKS, SONIC SUX!"

Oh god... how much do you wanna bet some of those quotes are from some fan forums...

You've been on the mark for a couple things, maybe you're on a roll with this. :3 

Looks like Travis stopped by at the booth to say hello. And by hello, I mean "U SUCK SANIC".

And wow, I can see why they made Knux muscular. Travis is a pretty big guy!