Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U)

Bluecore

My post was more open-ended and didn't specifically talk about the jokes (or a joke) hence the italicized "and". There are people from both sides making horrible comments and being rude to each other. We've had several users completely dismiss any type of criticism and leave off nasty comments. There's a sticky on this forum titled and I feel as if we've lost that spirit in this thread and gone overboard.

It really sucks to open this thread and see the worst coming out of people. This isn't restricted to one "side", it's coming from both. It almost makes me wonder if we should have a thread dedicated to discussion only and another toward criticisms to avoid the constant fighting.

• Thumbs Up 4

All the same, these "jokes" only serve to make us look like a bunch of petty, immature jerks. We don't really need any of that tactless nonsense.

If they're so petty and immature, why should they be taken seriously? It's like getting upset because a five year old called you a "poopyhead"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the exact same kind of joke that was made during the Lost World threads, and that's made at 06 or Shadow.

And we all know those never got annoying, tired, and predictable, right?

I'm looking forward to the game myself, but criticism in general is a good thing, and nobody should try to silence it. The jokes aren't really helpful in that regard, but I guess they aren't really meant to be, so whatever. This place is kind of toxic when it comes to Sonic, after all.

But I digress. I'm not bothered by the reactions despite not really having any major problems with what we've seen because the alternative is a lot worse. You know, when official previewers (and SSMBers, even if they hadn't played it at all) had nothing but praise for Lost World instead of pointing out the flaws more vocally so they could, y'know, possibly be addressed, or give people a better idea of what the game is like. I actually love SLW, it's one of my personal favourites in the series, but the pre-release time is frustrating to look back on.

• Thumbs Up 6

Half of the "criticisms" aren't even flaws, though. They're just impressions stated over and over, either in walls of text, or joshing gifs and status updates.

A dev team won't fix what's not broken, especially this late in development. Changing the current music out for a different composer because it's not a style some like, for example? Not happening.

• Thumbs Up 1

It almost makes me wonder if we should have a thread dedicated to discussion only and another toward criticisms to avoid the constant fighting.

I don't think making two opposing echo chambers is a good idea.
  • Thumbs Up 2

SMALL NEWS UPDATE:

Upon inspection of SEGA Europe's Sonic playlist on YouTube, there are two private videos. One I assume is the leaked trailer for Rise Of Lyric, and I'm going to predict that the second is a trailer for Shattered Crystal.

• Thumbs Up 3

Ok, I was going to post this the other day but forgot, just seen a comment which reminded me.

The music complaints, I don't think the music is final and I have evidence to back it up. This footage is B-Roll and it's confirmed from an early build of the game. 

Well, around this time last year we got B-Roll for Sonic Lost World, here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW_Kq1nXvFg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F2n-Hw5DP4

Completely lacking any music.

So I'm not that surprised that there isn't any music/it's very basic at the moment, it's more than likely not final and has only been put in there to test the audio dips.

I'm standing by the fact that everyone is still actually being angry about the designs, even if they don't know it.

How the hell do you come to that conclusion from reading the complaints?

• Thumbs Up 5

I have the same worries. I don't really want sites like IGN and Gamespot taking a shit on the franchise and the fanbase again. There are games that I think are worse out there that they praise, yet I don't go around slandering them for that (I slander them because they are bad reviewers in general).

Besides, it's Big Red Button and they are an unproven developer, that doesn't mean that the next Sonic Team game being done by the main division will suck. Hell, if Unleashed and then Generations are anything to go by, Sonic Team A's next game should be even better than Generations (hopefully).

I guess I must have made that joke earlier more obviously a joke.

I am however, still relatively disappointed that so many people think something looks bad that I think looks fantastic. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but I really want this game to be good, and I'm still seeing more complaints about the concept of the game than the execution, and I justnsijtgnsktrjn I don't know what to think

• Thumbs Up 1

It seemed that sega europe pooped out a video and switched it to private while I was distracted by E3.

All I got to show from it is this thumb mqdefault.jpg

Oh man if there was ever a character that looked like Tony Jay would voice him *sigh* RIP

I actually think Lyric should have a voice a bit like Pythor from LEGO Ninjago, since they are both snake-like villains. Which would be great because Pythor had a great voice. I think his VA was Michael Dobson.

Also, if that is from Rise Of Lyric....the graphics actually look a bit better from what I can tell, the textures on his armour are more detailed than what we've seen before.

Ok, I was going to post this the other day but forgot, just seen a comment which reminded me.

The music complaints, I don't think the music is final and I have evidence to back it up. This footage is B-Roll and it's confirmed from an early build of the game. 

Well, around this time last year we got B-Roll for Sonic Lost World.

Completely lacking any music.

So I'm not that surprised that there isn't any music/it's very basic at the moment, it's more than likely not final and has only been put in there to test the audio clips

But Boom has music in the clips already. Everything we've heard is original and suits the scenes. Not to mention the music is very typical of this genre of games. B-roll or not, I'm very sure we're hearing the games actual music. Lost World lacking music altogether was a very different scenario.
  • Thumbs Up 8

Also, if that is from Rise Of Lyric....the graphics actually look a bit better from what I can tell, the textures on his armour are more detailed than what we've seen before.

That's obviously CGI. 

That's obviously CGI.

That round thing that Lyric appears to be holding looks too janky to be CGI. It also doesn't really match the style of the TV show. I'm not sure, when the video is unprivated it should all make sense.

I have the same worries. I don't really want sites like IGN and Gamespot taking a shit on the franchise and the fanbase again. 

Why would they talk shit about the fanbase if people outside the fanbase don't think it looks good? Non Sonic fans can criticized the Sonic games but the fans aren't allowed to or else we're labled the worse fanbase in the gaming community. I'm seeing more and more people saying that a lot lately because the fans aren't happy with it.

That's obviously CGI. 

There is no reason that has too be CGI it looks average at best and is just as detailed as some screens we have seen

Looks a bit too detailed to me, but I guess we'll find out soon enough when the video's dished out. 

Why would they talk shit about the fanbase if people outside the fanbase don't think it looks good? Non Sonic fans can criticized the Sonic games but the fans aren't allowed to or else we're labled the worse fanbase in the gaming community. I'm seeing more and more people saying that a lot lately because the fans aren't happy with it.

I mean if the game does turn out to get bad reviews, the Sonic Cycle will be brought up again. Some critics did it with Lost World.

Better res:

0.jpg

And a few more hax'd images...

1.jpg

3.jpg

Best I could do.

• Thumbs Up 8

Looks like this new trailer is going to finally give us a look at the story. 

I mean if the game does turn out to get bad reviews, the Sonic Cycle will be brought up again. Some critics did it with Lost World.

They're going to bring it up anyway regardless of the reception of the previous game. They've said it with Unleashed, Sonic 4, Colors, Generations, Lost World and if Boom (I personally think it shouldn't count since it's a completely different type of Sonic game) does well it's going to be forgotten when Sonic Team announce their own game.

Good.

It was really annoying having to wait months to hear the Deadly Six's voices, so I hope Lyric talks in this.

You hit the nail right on the head for me Scar. This really is a stressful time for not just SEGA and BRB, but also the fans. Those are trying to stay opimistic must be feeling like this is their own kinda hell and it personally it does make me feel actually, well, less optimistic. At the same time, the other crowd who has their criticisms has every right to voice their dislike.

I really fear whatever SEGA willl officially reveal will only make things a bigger pain.

SEGA's riding on a lot for this, and while there's the cartoon and it's deal I'm sure it's the game that has 5he bigger emphasis from how things stand currently.

Heh...this really is frustrating for all parties isn't?

• Thumbs Up 2