Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U)

Bluecore

Holy shit, that's one hell of a find!

Wow, that version looks like it would've been actually good. No lie, I really wish Sega would release this version as an updated port.

7 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Can someone rip and mirror it?

I ripped it from the dev's Vimeo, what do I do with it?

Wow, he's had this up for two whole years and nobody noticed until now.

First the Sonic Runners Adventure stuff. Now this.

Productive Sonic community is productive.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, SSF1991 said:

First the Sonic Runners Adventure stuff. Now this.

Productive Sonic community is productive.

Well it did take two whole years to find this public video ;)

Looks like they took a long time to decide on what Eggman should look like, they hadn't even got an animation test for a model of him in that video. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, GoldfishGroup said:

Well it did take two whole years to find this public video ;)

Advanced production!

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Fusion Ellipsis said:

Sonic and crew still look weird in those models.

Though that lyric model looked pretty good.

Yeah, those faces look pretty weird.

They still look better than the reveal trailer's models, though.

15 minutes ago, GoldfishGroup said:

Wow, he's had this up for two whole years and nobody noticed until now.

To be fair we did find more or less everything else out about the game what.... 2 days after it came out?

• Thumbs Up 1

I really want to play that version of RoL. It's a shame that things like this don't usually get leaked (at least not for many years).

Perhaps an enhanced port, Sega? ;)

Some of the unused Eggman re-designs are pretty cool o.o

Pretty nice general/major look, I would love to see something like this is Forces, since well, Eggman now rules the world and stuff.

29 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Can someone rip and mirror it?

on youtube? not sure I got what you meant but just in case

Regarding the rip...

In the last week we lost the Sonic vr video because nobody managed to rip it before Sega made some calls.

And Sonic Runners Adventure also got pulled rather fast.

So it would be nice to get backups of this before it goes bye bye.

2 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Regarding the rip...

In the last week we lost the Sonic vr video because nobody managed to rip it before Sega made some calls.

And Sonic Runners Adventure also got pulled rather fast.

So it would be nice to get backups of this before it goes bye bye.

That first guy who posted the trailer also mirrored the VR demo.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well all I know is that I just downloaded the Sonic Synergy trailer onto my computer because I also feel it might get taken down, so it's safe.

Huh, the Synergy trailer is pretty much the Boom reveal trailer extended. And to be honest, it looks pretty nice!

Granted, this is knowing that the core gameplay that Rise of Lyric has would be unchanged but as someone that doesn't really hate it (but totally understands why such gameplay is despised in a Sonic title, spinoff series or not) but if things didn't went to shit when BRB tried to port RoL into the Wii U, we would've still gotten an unmemorable and bland game but atleast it would've been technically up to par and would have some genuinely nice visuals.

Also some of the moves shown in that trailer were not in Rise of Lyric, for example that Rocket attack Tails did or the flying kick move that Sonic did. You couldn't do those moves in Rise of Lyric.

Although I did notice some things looking pretty much the same as Rise of Lyric, like the forest before you reach The Pit looks exactly the same in that trailer. Although those models look pretty ugly, not gonna lie. Just ew, those eyes. Thank god the models in Rise of Lyric looked more "Sonic-y" in a sense, although Amy's model never looked that good. IT'S THAT FUCKING MUPPET MOUTH THAT BOTHERS THE HELL OUT OF ME!

So yeah, Synergy trailer a promising trailer for a title that wouldn't have been a great game but atleast better than we have gotten at the end.

• Thumbs Up 2

C9KhwZxXgAEqxU_.jpg

Eggman looks like he's a part of a marching band or something. 

I prefer the current design Boom Eggman has got. Gives off the military style a bit.

29 minutes ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

C9KhwZxXgAEqxU_.jpg

Eggman looks like he's a part of a marching band or something. 

"How many of you have played instruments before?"

• Thumbs Up 8

As someone who's been called an apologist for this game before, I'm actually surprised there's as many similarities to the final game in that trailer as there are. I know there was fuckloads of cut content in this game, but I didn't expect a lot of that trailer to look exactly like the final. The Pit looks exactly the same, as does most of the core mechanics.

Truth be told, other than the obvious cut levels and combat items, the only thing that's really changed is the graphical fidelity.

Also this game is better than a lot of Sonic games and anyone who says otherwise is wrong

• Thumbs Up 1

Gotta say, I actually would have loved to play that version of RoL. The whole game looks better, they seems to be more moves that the characters do, and so forth. I know it's not likely, but maybe BRB could actually make the product that they were intending to make, or at least put the files online so someone else could do it. If people are actually trying to fix 06, then they are people who could actually fix RoL as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/11/2017 at 6:14 PM, Mayor D said:

Contains some new prototype footage and very odd eggman designs.

Wait, wait, wait.... What?!

The community barely found this?! I've been sitting on a copy of this trailer forever thinking it was a known thing, oops.

Strange though, my copy has more things in it than this version of it.

Would you guys like for me to upload it?

• Thumbs Up 3

34 minutes ago, BxB-Meister said:

Wait, wait, wait.... What?!

The community barely found this?! I've been sitting on a copy of this trailer forever thinking it was a known thing, oops.

Strange though, my copy has more things in it than this version of it.

Would you guys like for me to upload it?

Yes.