Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

Ah god fdhjfhsdjfhajsf I missed yesterday's. Sorry, I was having to drive 450 or so miles for my dad's business matters whatever. Can I still make one and have it count? D:

In short though, I'll just say my answer for the lamest/best Sonic quote is basically anything Vector said in Heroes. His VA was legit funny and took the piss on the role even though I don't think Sega meant him for him to completely, so it almost counts as unintentional I'd say? "..Who's this broad?" is probably my favorite from that. I die every time 5 real.

Hmm, and as for today's "great achievements" thing..

I'd say collecting all the emeralds in any Sonic game is an achievement and a half since you have to constantly go so far out of your way to do it. I've done that for most of the games (specifically S1-3K, CD, Chaotix and 3D Blast) so there's that!

Sorry for short responses. Kinda tired from the trip, lol.

This might be a weird one, but I'm going to say it anyway;

Beating Unleashed.

Yeah, just beating the damn game. Ya know Eggmanland? Ya know that level? That difficult as hell level? It took me freaking months to complete that damn stage and thus subsequently complete the game itself. It took me lots of practice and leveling up and constantly going through the level and when I finally beat it, it was one rather relaxing feeling.

But of course, I still had the rest of the game to beat. And let me tell you, Perfect Dark Gaia was annoying as hell. But once I beat him, once all had been said and done...

Here was a game where I had gone to so many places, met so many people, seen so many sights. This was a game that was truly a world adventure.

• Thumbs Up 2

Gonna go with the trend of completing and 100%ing Unleashed.

I don't care much for the game's closing theme, Dear My Friend, as much as some others do, what makes me love the ending is the two other tunes (Endless Possibilities and A World Adventure) along with these pictures.

sonic_unleashed_credit_photos_by_sonic19

This is an amazing example of just how much effort Sonic Team put into this game, they really made the ending feel like a scrapbook of photos from Sonic's journey around the world... his world adventure.

• Thumbs Up 3

Here's my top 3 Sonic Achievements: 

1. All Robot Generators and Time Stones in Sonic CD:

Note: this is for the Taxman remake only. The original special stages were hard as hell to control, if I remember correctly. (probably because I was a child as well). I never had much trouble with the Time Stones, but some of the robot generators were just cryptic, ESPECIALLY the Wacky Workbench ones. 

2. 100% all save slots in S3&K.

So, I did it the first time for Hyper Sonic, but as I started a new file with a new character, I just had to do it again... and again. It's pretty much an obsession even now. If I ever skip over a special stage in that game, I just feel so... impure. Probably because I legitimately enjoy the S3&K special stages.

3. 100% Sonic Generations:

This wasn't hard at all, except for maybe that Time Eater achievement/trophy, but the real reason I put it on the list was because it was the first game in general that I ever got the Platinum Trophy for (100% everything). This game kindled a fire in me, and after that, I became a completionist for any game I enjoy playing.

Zone 13: Sonic Achievements

SSMB, have you ever heard of Sonic 1 @ SAGE 2010?

http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_1_@_SAGE_2010

S1sage2010_title.png

It's basically the first game, but refashioned to record and save all of your best times, scores, ring counts and hit counts. Also, the traditional "Sonic Retro" logo changes up quite a few times; fun stuff!

You can even have custom music tracks as seen here: 

It's a pretty sweet hack and I recommend you download it. The ROM files are in the link above.

But why do I bring this up?

You see, as I mentioned earlier, one of the ways the game records your skill is by telling you how many hits you take in each Act. So, if you got hit by a spike trap or a badnik 4 times, the counter would be at 4, or if you got hit once with a shield on, the counter would be set at 1. 

So I went into full overdrive OCD mode and made it a mission to complete every Act in every Zone with a total hit count of "0".

So Green Hill Zone was no biggie, Marble Zone took a few tries, and it otherwise was a steady progression in difficulty.

But then Scrap Brain Zone happened. That was hell.

I can't tell you how many times I've gotten angry or have rage-quitted just for getting hit once in that Zone. I even got to a point to where I had the level layouts memorized and could practically do them with my eyes closed. Then it finally happened, every single Act, every single Zone, ALL with no hits! It felt like I had fully mastered Sonic 1. I didn't just beat the game with Chaos Emeralds...

I made it through Sonic 1 without taking a single hit.

Granted, I had to replay levels over and over until I got it right, but I can honestly say that I have beaten each and every level without taking damage at least once.

Time has passed since '10, though, and the memorization I've done and the reflexes I've mastered have worn thin. I think I'll give this hack another go. It was pretty challenging.

• Thumbs Up 4

Day 13: Proudest achievements

I think my proudest achievement when playing a Sonic game was when I unlocked all of the characters and gears in the first sonic riders. I don't know why but it's just always satisfying when you know that you have discovered all of the secrets the game has to offer. I also loved it when I unlocked all of the songs in Sonic Generations.

#13:

My greatest Sonic achievements:

• Getting all the emblems in SA1 and SA2.
  • Clearing Super Hard Mode in Sonic Heroes
  • Getting all A ranks in Shadow (this one was recent as I didn't have the patience back in 2005-06, and that's back I actually liked the game{still thought it sucked})  Got all the keys too!
  • Getting the "Speeding Ticket" in Sonic Unleashed.  I wasn't even trying to.  I was replaying Arid Sands (Day) and when I finished the level the achievement just showed up.
  • S-ranking Sky Babylon Act 2.  Took over 60 tries and I had to use Blaze.  Just couldn't with Sonic (and he's faster) 
  • 100%'ing Sonic Generations.  Awesomeness!
  • Thumbs Up 1

Day 13~! owo My greatest achievement? I have a few.

Making it all the way to Egg Rocket Zone with 

Amymain.jpg

When I had Sonic Advance as I was a kid I hated playing with Amy. Slow as hell, no Spin Dash, no Spin Jump, just hated everything with her. I never touched her after playing once. 

Then my GBA was stolen along with the game. Years after I got Advance back, along with Advance 2 and messed around with everyone but Amy but soon got bored of playing with the others and decided, "Fuck it I'll try Amy for shits and giggles." So I sprawled out on my bed picked her and proceeded on. 

Somehow I made it to Egg Rocket. The thing that really got to me was that I passed Angel Island Act 2. I for some weird reason couldn't do that with Sonic Tails or Knuckles. The thing that really KILLED ME was that I perfected Metal Knuckles with Amy. 

On my first try. 

That was the greatest thing ever for me. ;A; 

Second thing was with Sonic Adventure and the battle with Perfect Chaos. It was a really close fight.

I beat him with the very last ring I had as Super Sonic. I freaked. There might have been some crazy squealing and flailing. xD 

Third was getting that last DAMN Red Ring in Aquarium Park Act 4. I think it was Act 4. It was the last ring I needed for Super Sonic. So happy when I got that little bitch. :3 Then my game crashed and I screamed.

But I still had the ring so it was okay. ;w; 

Hmm I think that's all. :3

Huh, my best Sonic achievements.....

First of all, getting all the emblems in Adventure 2 is no easy task. I tell ya, only on December last year I did so and I've played it since September of the same year. What screwed me over so much was Final Chase Hard Mode and Super Hard Chao Karate, I've only beaten it due to some glitch or dumb luck.

Another would be 100% Sonic 06 ON THE PS3! Yeah, I've got all the S Ranks and all the Silver Medals in the game and what do I get?!

NOTHING! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! SONIC TEAM DIDN'T EVEN HAD THE TIME TO MAKE TROPHIES FOR THE VERSION! FUUUUUUUUUUUU!

......*ahem*

It certainly wasn't a satisfactory one but it was a nice achievement anyway

And my last achievement is getting 5 Stars in Lancelot Returns WITH EASE!

It all comes down to using proper inventory, skills and timing. I usually Perfect Hit Lancelot since it did more damage to him and yeah, not the fastest but it definitely guarantees victory.

Oh I got another one, I managed to get the Untouchable trophy from Sonic 4 Episode I, that trophy was such a bitch to get.....

I can 100% other Sonic games no sweat but some of the games can be rather unforgiving at times but never as severe as 06 or Adventure 2, so yeah. I'm a goddamn completionist and that's why I'm sing-*shot*

i think my greatest Sonic Achivements was

-beating slash hill zone in under a minute (i took me like 10 tries to under 58 seconds)

-getting all the achiements for Sonic Generations (this is the first game i got all the achicements)

-getting all the achivements in Sonic Free Riders (this one was heard especially beating the final zone in under 2 minutes)

-beating the chaos collison boss from Sonic CD (that wad the worst boss ever)

• Thumbs Up 2

My achievement that I am most proud of is.... *drumroll*

Finishing Knuckles' story ( without any special stuff) in Sonic adventure in under 3 hours!  and Actually  Finishing sonic colorsI am terrible at games and have only finished very few. so to have finished a sonic game is certainly a plus!

I was also very happy to finish that Aquatic mines level with knuckles in SA2...it took FOREVER!

Question #13: What Sonic game achievements are you most proud of?

I think the most I've ever gotten invested in terms of achieving everything was when I gave Sonic Riders its second go. It was a game where I felt I had the best possible combination of actual skill and tolerance of its difficulty to take on every challenge, and for an afternoon I just hammered away at each mission for a perfect score. And even though Super Sonic isn't all that fun to play as in game, the fact that I had unlocked him made me quite proud of myself. ^^

I also got a similar feeling when I beat Sonic 3D Blast with all of the Emeralds. Getting the latter was easy, but I kept screwing up on the level and boss, which is absolutely soul-crushing because there's no save states in that game. So trying over and over, and eventually nailing it, gave me a good afterglow of accomplishment.

I'm horrible. Period. I've only ever beaten a handful of games, and COMPLETED even Fewer. So my achievements might seem rather small compared to some:

Sonic-Only run of Seaside Hill in Sonic HeroesBecause that's just totally cool, and not a lot of people think of trying it. Shame you can't Sonic/(insert formation here)-only the whole game!

S-Ranking Time Eater in 4:58.30... Then S-Ranking him in HARD MODE with a time of 4:59.65 None of which I was even trying to do. "And... what makes this "Hard" Mode?" Okay, so maybe I didn't beat my fastest time, but still. the fact that I was THAT close to beating it WHILE PLAYING HARD MODE is just.. holy shit. and all I was doing was seeing if I could S-Rank him. Which I did. With that time, ON THE FIRST TRY.

Beating Sonic CD Shaddup, like I said, I AM BAD AT GAMES. Beating ANY Classic Sonic game feels like a proud accomplishment to me. and I beat it for that gaming challenge thing around Christmas too. HOORAY!

DAY 13 What Sonic game achievements are you most proud of?

Well, there not great achievements but, getting all the chaos emeralds and beating sonic 2 (taxman version), I did use save states, but got all the emeralds before I finished. It's the first time I've ever done it.

Getting all the emeralds in advance 1, the special stages are tricky, (for me anyway).

Getting all the emeralds in advance 2, it was great to be able to play as Amy.

Getting all the emeralds in heroes, and finally being able to do the last story, because I think heroes' special stages are the hardest and most annoying special stages the series has ever had.

Getting all the super emeralds in S3&K with my older brother (he was sonic and I was tails), and then doing the same thing years later with me being sonic and my nephew being tails. Doing it my self too I guess, though for some reason it doesn't seem as great of an achievement.

As I said, the only game with Sonic in it I ever played was Mario & Sonic at the London Olympic Games for the 3DS.

And it wasn't a satisfying experience sad.png

Does this count as an acceptable answer anyway?

Mambo's Proudest Achievements

1) Beating Sonic 1 with all the Chaos Emeralds for the first time. Maaaan seeing those giant flowers and shit is great.

2) Beating Sonic 2 with all the Chaos Emeralds for the first time. Because Super Sonic, yo. :B

3) Beating Sonic Spinball. That shit is hard!

4) Beating Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. Because the speed at which Robotnik plays kind of implies you as the player are actually playing as AoSTH Sonic! biggrin.png

5) Playing Sonic 06 without suffering an aneurysm.

6) Going to High School wearing Sonic tshirts and stuff and coming out in one piece! biggrin.png

7) Oh yeah and getting my art printed in STC. That was my most awesome moment of childhood ever.

mystcabomination_zps0f10c2a5.png

They spelled my name wrong, aargh! XD  It's actually pretty awful... giving Amy six digits, oh dear(!) but after it was printed I got some fan mail from a fellow STC reader, that the then-editor passed onto me! :B

• Thumbs Up 2

Proudest achievements?

Well there's S ranking End of the World in Sonic 2006 without using the statues. Multiple times. Actually I have S ranked all the bosses and normal levels in 06 other than Silver's Egg Genesis, I can't hack that one because it's fucking horrendous.

I have also beaten Super Hard mode on Heroes many times. I had some really good times early on in Sonic 4 Episode 2 and Sonic Generations, like 10th in the world kind of thing. Completing all the Advance and Rush games fully was really good as well, as some of them are bullshit with the special stages and that.

Other achievements like 100%ing Sonic Generations (i.e., S ranking everything) or getting all the red rings in Colours certainly count.

Day 13

06_zps290ed6ef.png

unl_zps3a025de2.png

The amount of time sunk into these two is unbelievable. Took me years to finally pull it off.

13/13 complete

• Thumbs Up 3

As I said, the only game with Sonic in it I ever played was Mario & Sonic at the London Olympic Games for the 3DS.

And it wasn't a satisfying experience sad.png

Does this count as an acceptable answer anyway?

How exactly is this an achievement? It doesn't have to be game related, just anything Sonic related that made you feel like you accomplished something.

Proudest Sonic achievement?

Its odd, I've 100% the majority of the Sonic games I've played (save for a couple of the GG games), but I did it just to complete everything, not necessarily for the accomplishment or the challenge.

For the classics, it was when I finally did an all Emerald run of the original Sonic the Hedgehog, many years after first playing it. To say I was disappointed with the "reward" would be an understatement, though I don't know what I was expecting.

Recently, I suppose it would be Sonic Generations. I am not a particularly great speedrunner, but at one point my Classic Chemical Plant time was ranked 11th on PSN. I have no idea where I'm ranked now, and I knew I'd never get higher because somehow I was a second behind the Top 10. But still, I thought that was impressive.

How exactly is this an achievement? It doesn't have to be game related, just anything Sonic related that made you feel like you accomplished something.

Not necessarely game related, uh? mellow.png

Well then if that's the case, a Sonic related thing I felt like I really accomplished something with is...

when I reached 60 likes with a single post

It was so good to see that my defense of Tails' innocence reached so many people happy.png

• Thumbs Up 2

[ Day 13 : Proudest Sonic Achievements ]

That's a tough one, because I really can't think of anything I'm more proud of compared to anything else.  The only one that comes to mind is when my save file on Sonic Rush was deleted and I managed to get back to 100% completion in under two days.  Granted, Sonic Rush isn't that hard of a game, so it's not like it was an exceptional task or anything.

I once also raised a Chao that clobbered my brother's Chao in Chao Karate. X3 - It was great... his throwing my GameCube controllers at the TV wasn't fun, though.

I also might as well consider myself proud that I'm actually taking the initiative to clear Sonic Generations 100%.  One of these days I'll be able to do with the rest of my games... maybe.

Question #13: What Sonic game achievements are you most proud of?

-Getting all the Chaos Emeralds in Sonic 2 (screw those Special Stages)

-Completing all the chili dog missions for Eggmanland in Sonic Unleashed

-Not getting hit once during Crisis City's mach speed section

The last one I'm particularly proud of considering it was my first time playing as well. I have no idea how I pulled it off, but I did it and got an S rank on the level as well. Damn, I'm (unintentionally) good.