Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

5 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

What is happening now?

The tweet is quoted right at the top of this page, but you can also go back a couple more posts and just see it embedded.

• Promotion 1

36 minutes ago, CleverSonicUsername said:

I actually don't disagree with Ken's post, and am hard pressed to think the Sonic movie will have an emotional core.

At the same time, Ken bringing up Movie Sonic's horrible individually rendered teeth immediately reminded me of his Comic-con art. The way Ken shapes these characters makes them look hideous in much the same way as Movie Sonic. They're lumpy with semi-realistic musculature, and have faces that are too human. They are simpatico.

Yeah Ken has no right to criticize about the movie when his work is not much better

38 minutes ago, CleverSonicUsername said:

I actually don't disagree with Ken's post, and am hard pressed to think the Sonic movie will have an emotional core.

At the same time, Ken bringing up Movie Sonic's horrible individually rendered teeth immediately reminded me of his Comic-con art. The way Ken shapes these characters makes them look hideous in much the same way as Movie Sonic. They're lumpy with semi-realistic musculature, and have faces that are too human. They are simpatico.

Who cares about sonic’s teeth ?

• Thumbs Up 1

So to recap, the last page saw a sudden boost in activity via:

• People offering to buy Mr. Penders' characters
  • Sonic allegedly not being made for kids initially and what that can mean to a region
  • Ben Hurst not being involved with Sonic Armageddon
  • SEGA not doing much with the characters
  • The movie lacking an emotional core
  • A fan being called lazy for not looking for something

36 minutes ago, Alpineredoubt said:

Everyone, apparently.

• Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, Alpineredoubt said:

I wouldn't say I care immensely but they're honestly pretty gross to look at, in the same way I think Sonic having visible lumpy kneecaps and calves is nightmare fuel.

Ken's own art happens to capture this uncanny valley vibe just as effectively. His 3D renders of Lara-Su characters are burned into my brain.

• Chuckle 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1

2 hours ago, CleverSonicUsername said:

Tragically that's a pretty big example of the kettle calling the pot black, given that Penders own work is pretty barren in that regard. You and I both know that Penders couldn't identify an 'emotional core' if it got up and slapped him in the face. 

I still find it astounding though that he's been complaining about the film 'stealing' his style, without seeming to realize that that says nothing good about his own work or its lack of appeal given the incredible backlash the film's Sonic design provoked. 

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Chuckle 2
  • Fist Bump 1

42 minutes ago, CleverSonicUsername said:

I wouldn't say I care immensely but they're honestly pretty gross to look at, in the same way I think Sonic having visible lumpy kneecaps and calves is nightmare fuel.

Ken's own art happens to capture this uncanny valley vibe just as effectively. His 3D renders of Lara-Su characters are burned into my brain.

Yeah they are both nightmare fuel 

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

So to recap, the last page saw a sudden boost in activity via:

• People offering to buy Mr. Penders' characters
  • Sonic allegedly not being made for kids initially and what that can mean to a region
  • Ben Hurst not being involved with Sonic Armageddon
  • SEGA not doing much with the characters
  • The movie lacking an emotional core
  • A fan being called lazy for not looking for something

Everyone, apparently.

Yeah this not looking good for Kenny boi

plus I would not call a fan lazy

This movie situation is not healthy for him

10 hours ago, Alpineredoubt said:

This movie situation is not healthy for him

Talking to people on Twitter is not healthy for him.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 2

52 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Yeah this whole thing is healthy for him sooner or later he is going to lose it and have a heart attack or have mental breakdown IRL

12 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Talking to people is not healthy for him.

Or us.

• Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Just now, KingScoopaKoopa said:

Or us.

Seriously. I mean look at horridus!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

8 minutes ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

Or us.

Talking in general is not healthy for him.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 3

On 5/4/2019 at 3:27 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

The man who thought enough of a pitch for a Sonic movie was badly written dialogue, 2000s handheld camera footage in the pitch of night, awful photoshop skills, and a PowerPoint presentation basically saying “oh yea, Sonic is big” isn’t exactly in the position to comment on knowing how movies should be made, especially in regards to Ben Hurst who did a successful show, compared to the man who killed the comic book for years.

For anyone curious about this, and wants a really good description of this whole debacle, for the record - it turns out Patmac happened to make a video based on cancelled movie pitches, including Armageddon. It has a very nice sum-up of the scummy shit Penders got up to (basically - selling Hurst out by claiming he was trying to take over SEGA's western control of Sonic through SatAM and killing a SatAM revival plan to get his pitch through the door - I cannot remember if this was the case or not) and how bad the pitch was in general.

The whole video is worth a watch, but if you're only interested in Penders - it begins at 13:00.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

A minor update on the burning scourge vs Ken penders debate 

here is the tweet

It came from this tweet 

Saying people don’t bring up other people or something 

1 hour ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

Or us.

Sooner or later he is going to heart attack

32 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

For anyone curious about this, and wants a really good description of this whole debacle, for the record - it turns out Patmac happened to make a video based on cancelled movie pitches, including Armageddon. It has a very nice sum-up of the scummy shit Penders got up to (basically - selling Hurst out by claiming he was trying to take over SEGA's western control of Sonic through SatAM and killing a SatAM revival plan to get his pitch through the door - I cannot remember if this was the case or not) and how bad the pitch was in general.

The whole video is worth a watch, but if you're only interested in Penders - it begins at 13:00.

Ken can’t stop lying about his role

also I’m afraid on what his search history it is either something controversial or himself 

59 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Yeah it is nightmare fuel 

13 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Like I said before he is going to have a heart attack sooner or later 

a quick update Ken just banned one of his followers 

046FC94E-BA0A-46E1-BF4B-224096E54A5C.png

It was the burning scourge who he banned

Love ya too, Dabi. 

• Chuckle 3
  • Fist Bump 1

36 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Oh yeah, I think i do remember hearing something like that.

13 minutes ago, Alpineredoubt said:

Sooner or later he is going to heart attack

I wasn't aware that was a verb.

13 minutes ago, Alpineredoubt said:

046FC94E-BA0A-46E1-BF4B-224096E54A5C.png

Ooh. :grimace: To be fair, that is kinda...eeh... 

3 minutes ago, horridus said:

Love ya too, Dabi. 

Image result for dabi smile gif

• Fist Bump 1

3 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Oh yeah, I think i do remember hearing something like that.

I wasn't aware that was a verb.

Ooh. :grimace: To be fair, that is kinda...eeh... 

I just thought it was worth noting ok 

5 minutes ago, horridus said:

Love ya too, Dabi. 

Same here 

1 minute ago, Alpineredoubt said:

I just thought it was worth noting ok 

Same here 

I know. 😜

• Fist Bump 1

23 minutes ago, Alpineredoubt said:

Aah, alrighty, you know how it was mentioned that this is not the place to post every little thing Ken says/does, and things generally need to be kept within the frame of his time on Archie or his current project? This is outside the purview. I'm not trying to be a killjoy, but mentioning Ken banning someone isn't really what this thread is for. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1
  • Fist Bump 1

8 minutes ago, horridus said:

Aah, alrighty, you know how it was mentioned that this is not the place to post every little thing Ken says/does, and things generally need to be kept within the frame of his time on Archie or his current project? This is outside the purview. I'm not trying to be a killjoy, but mentioning Ken banning someone isn't really what this thread is for. 

Ok I think I might of got of carried and I wasn’t sure to go with but i said to myself why not and no you’re not being a killjoy but I thought it was probably worth mentioning or something anyone we been waiting for what his next move/tweet is 

so my apologies for jumping the gun on ken’s tweet 

11 minutes ago, horridus said:

Also it was started under his archie tweet with Scott full debacle forgot to mention that whoops 

Typo Scott fullop 

Here's a couple of things on topic - 

A little bit of info on why he created Nic the Weasel 

And, shockingly, something related to TLSC that I didn't know about, a new character!

Another Echidna, how quaint. At least compared to the 8th of last month... This really is Geoffrey St. John Chronicles at this point, isn't it?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 3

8 hours ago, Alpineredoubt said:

A minor update on the burning scourge vs Ken penders debate 

here is the tweet

It came from this tweet 

Er, what tweet?

4 hours ago, Mr Silvia said:

The only reason he kept Nack in the book was so he could create another clone of a SEGA character? What?

• Absolutely 1

6 hours ago, Mr Silvia said:

It gave him reason to create a sister who for all intents and purposes is essentially a genderbent clone of her brother? You know, the more this guy reveals his thought process, the more I wonder if his incessant need to seemingly pile relatives on to various characters was simply his way of trying to instantly give those characters some kind of relevancy without having to build them up. 

6 hours ago, Mr Silvia said:

And, shockingly, something related to TLSC that I didn't know about, a new character!

Another Echidna, how quaint. At least compared to the 8th of last month... This really is Geoffrey St. John Chronicles at this point, isn't it?

It was either going to be the Geoffrey St. John Chronicles or the K'nox Chronicles in truth, despite the given title. Though at this point it really does seem like he'd rather be writing about ephebophile skunk than his supposed 'masterpiece'.  

• Absolutely 2

3 hours ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

Er, what tweet?

The only reason he kept Nack in the book was so he could create another clone of a SEGA character? What?

It was the tweet above when he claimed about a fast one

8 hours ago, Mr Silvia said:

So in other words he wanted to created 64 nick the weasel 

3 hours ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

Er, what tweet?

He wanted to create a rule 64 version of nack the weasel

9 hours ago, Mr Silvia said:

Wait, I don't get the correlation.

9 hours ago, Mr Silvia said:

His M? Is that James Bond reference or something I wouldn't get?

Anyway, it sounds like he was just gonna have him be another Echydnya, but then Fridge Logic denoted that, as an ally of Geoffrey and thus the Kingdom of Acorn, he would have to be something different.

4 hours ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

Er, what tweet?

I think he means it gave him a mold to establish Nic's character.

Did he write any of Nack's prior appearances, btw?

2 hours ago, horridus said:

It gave him reason to create a sister who for all intents and purposes is essentially a genderbent clone of her brother? You know, the more this guy reveals his thought process, the more I wonder if his incessant need to seemingly pile relatives on to various characters was simply his way of trying to instantly give those characters some kind of relevancy without having to build them up. 

Essentially.

1 hour ago, Alpineredoubt said:

It was the tweet above when he claimed about a fast one

So in other words he wanted to created 64 nick the weasel 

He wanted to create a rule 64 version of nack the weasel

It's 63.

• Fist Bump 1

Wait, I don't get the correlation.

His M? Is that James Bond reference or something I wouldn't get?

Anyway, it sounds like he was just gonna have him be another Echydnya, but then Fridge Logic denoted that, as an ally of Geoffrey and thus the Kingdom of Acorn, he would have to be something different.

I think he means it gave him a mold to establish Nic's character.

Did he write any of Nack's prior appearances, btw?

Essentially.

It's 63.

Same I here I stillness don’t see it as well 

i thought it was rule 64 it was male turning female or something lol

also yeah that might be 007 reference