Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

Forgiveness for the double post, but we got ourselves another teeensy update, and the first SDCC related thing of the year.

The lack of a namedrop does not inspire confidence that this might be someone most of the fans really care about, but we'll see. Hopefully whoever it is does a better job of making his characters look appealing than Ken himself has managed so far.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah, my first thought there was that it's going to turn out to be someone with a rather shaky reputation among the fans, but has been praised by Ken before.  Possibly someone like Ron Lim or Scott Shaw. (That, or it's someone who worked on Sonic as either a writer or editor, not an artist.)

• Thumbs Up 7

It better not be Ron Lim, because no matter what era of the old comics, his art was always one of the worst.

tumblr_lzkp9yFnu91rnsvazo1_500.png Ron_Lim_Bear_Ears.png

• Thumbs Up 7

I'd argue that it should be Ron Lim then. This series has no chance of being good, so why not let it be the actual worst thing ever?

• Thumbs Up 9

Nah, for it to be legit The Worst Thing Ever, Penders would have to make the ULTIMATE bonehead decision and bring Many Hands on board. 

22.jpg

tumblr_inline_ol9suwxNsD1r8z4qq_540.png

THEN it would truly be The Worst Thing Ever. 

Though, given how its worded, I'm suddenly wondering if its even an original piece by a former co-worker and not something he pencilled and then had someone else ink...

• Thumbs Up 7

many hands usually refers to no one person working on an issue at a given time. Like they were having trouble getting it out and someone said "okay so I'll draw this thing, you, can you sort of draw? we need someone to draw this thing"

• Thumbs Up 2

Uh...huh? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the 'redesign' he initially released for Julie-Su pretty much emphasize the gun-toting and stuff? Like... has this ever been a criticism of her look, ever??? The biggest criticism she got in 25YL, if I recall, was the fact that she had gone from an action girl to a housewife out of the 50s and didn't really do anything despite him swearing up and down that she'd 'still be badass'. What even prompted this???

• Thumbs Up 9

16 hours ago, Tylinos said:

This tweet sounds ridiculous out-of-context.  And in-context as well, really.

...The fuck?

• Thumbs Up 8

16 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Do you guys think Sega actually stole Penders' ideas to make the Dark Chronicles?

Sure!

The same way Gene Roddenberry stole his ideas to make Star Trek and Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster stole them to make Superman. Sure, those came first, but that just goes to show how sneaky those psychic time pirates can be!

• Thumbs Up 4

The past wouldn't have needed to be left behind if HE hadn't barged in with his shenanigans, is what should also be said.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, chaosjam said:

Ken...shouldn't YOU leave the past behind?

The irony is strong with this one. Jesus christ..

• Thumbs Up 5

Spite-driven wishful thinking? From Ken Penders? Dear me, just when you think you know a guy.

• Thumbs Up 4

On 7/1/2017 at 9:27 AM, horridus said:

Nor does it help that Penders himself has a history of lying or stretching the truth. And of course, the little incident wherein he himself actually stole from a fan and defender of his.

That link doesn't work. I'd like to know more about it though, any help?

8 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

That link doesn't work. I'd like to know more about it though, any help?

Ah crap, that thing with the links is still going on? I thought that was fixed...

Okay then, just copy-paste this here-

http://web.archive.org/web/20150427113133/http://kenpenders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2717

Long story short, a fellow by the name of @Paul-Agnewwas once a very devoted fan of Penders and one of his most vocal defenders. Penders repayed this kindness by stealing the name of Agnew's fanfic series, 'The Lara-Su Chronicles', and using it for his own project, which is where Penders got the name for LSC. He pretty much got away with legal theft, and didn't even bother to talk to the guy about it or adress what he had done, despite having an ENDLESS amount of time to make an idiot of himself on twitter. 

So yeah, that's the kind of crap the 'Champion of Creator's Rights' does when he thinks he can get away with it, and why I have no problem believing that he did indeed deliberately sabotage Ben Hurst's attempts at getting a Sonic film made so that he could push his own film idea. Good Christ. 

• Thumbs Up 8

It's not a problem of the links not working, it's just -- 

u68fdIz.png

Moreover, I had no idea that even the fucking name of this piece of shit didn't belong to him. That's actually, genuinely ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Shaddy the guy said:

It's not a problem of the links not working, it's just -- 

u68fdIz.png

Moreover, I had no idea that even the fucking name of this piece of shit didn't belong to him. That's actually, genuinely ridiculous.

Son of a-!

Okay, just... hold that pose, and then ad "&t=2717" after the "18" at the end there, and it SHOULD take you to it. 

If THAT doesn't work, then follow these instructions- go to the wayback machine, type in 'kenpenders.com', and go to one of the shots in 2016 or so. From there, follow the link to the message board, and when you're on the Forum, go to the Lara-Su Chronicles sub-forum, and from there, go to the topic called 'End of the Road'. The whole story will be laid bare for you. 

But yeah, that's right- Ken Penders had to *steal* the name of his series, from a fan of his. Just let that sink in for a moment. 

• Thumbs Up 2

What happened to Ken Penders Webpage & Forum? I'm not up to date.