Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

Well, now the discussion has gotten out of Penders' hands, the asker is now about certain of the fact that Sonic seriously could eat his children because of "real-life-hedgehogs". I'm kind of having some pity towards Penders. He probably wasn't thinking somebody would turn that comment into something like this, which was actually a bit too careless considering some characters in the fanbase. Still I feel sad for him. :unsure:

Because yeah, Knux should totally have that "third leg" like echidnas have in real life by this logic. He's got a kid after all, and since the question about getting children is answered, well, you know... :rolleyes:

And that was sarcasm. Just to be certain if someone random person sees this and won't otherwise get it.

Evidently Sonic is no longer a Mobian. Yes, I'm being facetious, but seriously... he opened the door for this when he decided to blather on about the kid eating thing. He can't pretend he magically has no idea why things would immediately leap to Sonic. 

• Thumbs Up 2

So now I'm looking at that picture of Goofy and I'm not sure if I should read that expression as genuine shock… or deeply pondering which brand of milk would be best served when cooking his son, Max. :P

I just… I-I don't even… I mean I expected the guy to say the occasional foolish comment that'd appear to lack insight or understanding or just plain sound ignorant in the right context… and then there's that!

…then again I'm a fan of Dragon Ball where members of the main cast have eaten intelligent creatures (see: Yajirobe and one of Demon King Piccolo's offspring), but the eating of their own offspring …I don't think that's something anyone wants to think about regardless of intended demographic.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 3/23/2017 at 1:32 AM, Tylinos said:

"...and eat their young depending on circumstances."

Did you really need to declare that canon, Ken?  Really?

latest?cb=20150408224909

Did I have to hear this during lunch? I lost my appetite.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hey guys what's going on in this thre-

Reaction_5ae854_5830724.jpg

...at this point you have to just laugh at the absurdity of this man. And then pray for his mental health.

• Thumbs Up 9

On 3/22/2017 at 2:02 PM, Tylinos said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

i'm dead, i'm dead on the ground i'm dying i'm dead

• Thumbs Up 2

On 3/22/2017 at 4:02 PM, Tylinos said:

tumblr_mf5v242D2k1qm2fi3o1_250.gif

So ummmm, collaboration with "Scientifically Accurate Sonic the Hedgehog" confirmed?

Dear lord, maybe the constant delay to this man's series are a blessing in disguise, shielding us from the horrors that'll no doubt grace the internet beyond our escape if it eventually actually gets rolling with the first issue being released.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think it's amazing how, even when you think Penders has already reached the pinnacle of absurdity and terrible ideas and statements, he can always get worse. In this case, much, much worse.

• Thumbs Up 4

Just when you thought the man couldn't get any more bottom of the barrel after Knuckles and Locke's relationship, low and behold, you have something even more disgusting and disturbing from him.

• Thumbs Up 4

A weird thought, but the only way I could see something this bizarre working was if it only applied to the Mobians who were already super animal like, like Zan the Dragon or Aklhut pre-reboot, and even then it would need the caveat of them either doing so as a last resort (sheer hunger/Starvation), because they're extremely feral or as close to it as they can get while still being intelligent creatures, or because they're sick sadists or something. Anything else is just bleh.

• Thumbs Up 8

john.PNG.480dcab3be8a17481b29125da4a8f3dd.PNG

Damn that's pretty messed up. At this point I'm curious to see how depraved he can take it. Truly a metaphorical train wreck the likes of which the world hasn't seen in a long time. 

4 hours ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

I think it's amazing how, even when you think Penders has already reached the pinnacle of absurdity and terrible ideas and statements, he can always get worse. In this case, much, much worse.

Well like Superman's power or the Hulk's rage, there's no limit to Penders' ludicrousy.

3 hours ago, horridus said:

Plot Twist- his initial attempt to microwave Knuckles was due to him wanting a midnight snack, but Lara caught him, so he came up with the 'Chosen One' thing on the spot as an excuse. Everything that followed was done to maintain the lie and to keep Lara from realizing the truth. 

8a35b3fefb75697d3798272303ef658c61e6bf52

No wonder his wife divorced him.

• Thumbs Up 3

On the bright side, pretty much the only thing this really has relevance to is The Lara-Su Debacles, because I'm pretty sure no one is going to take it seriously with anything else.

• Thumbs Up 4

^Having seen some fans getting "ideas" on the Internet before, I wouldn't be that surprised if someone actually would take this a bit too seriously... :unsure:

^But if this topic get's closed down where can we then have our high-standard mandated "upper-classy" disaproval doses? :(

Just kidding, do as you see is the best. Though this has been wery amusing topic this far. But maybe it's for the best to consider shutting this topic down for now, I wouldn't get creeps from the new concept art if it pops out at some point.

I wonder if any of us is alive when he gets the first issue done, though.

23 minutes ago, BlueSky said:

I wonder if any of us is alive when he gets the first issue done, though.

Dude, if we're dead by the time he gets the first issue done, he probably didn't even finish it because he'll have died long before us.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, SenEDtor Missile said:

Dude, if we're dead by the time he gets the first issue done, he probably didn't even finish it because he'll have died long before us.

That is, unless his heir takes up the mantle like with Charlie Brown.............

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Mayor D said:

So I'd like to propose one of the following...

Could we just... not... I mean.... put Penders on ignore on all our social media accounts, burn this topic and only agree to conduct the topic zombie revival spell, if and only if issue 1 gets released?

Or just rename the topic "Uncle Penders did this today" since for three years the Lara-Sui Chronicles has essentially been "The Penders Files".

Funny that the one time I've decided to lurk/log-in in a long time, is around the same time the possibility of this thread getting taken down is brought up. I was annoyed with seeing this thread still going on at first, but honestly I think it should stay, just rename it to something more apt I guess. Then again it is the 'Lara-Su Chronicles AND Ken Penders Topic' so I think commenting on a lot of the tripe that this man has spewed is in line with what is being advertised. But if you think differently, that's fine, as I said I've rarely been on this site for the last year or so, so I really don't know how bad its gotten. 

And to follow up, what exactly was the context of this 'eating children' thing. From the looks of the twitter pictures, its possible he was being more sarcastic but it kinda fell flat? Or am I just wrong?

• Thumbs Up 2

Urm... because two people have kinda hinted to it, better say something.

It's not my decision if the topic gets killed.

My post was more pointing out the following. It's been over 3 years and issue 1 of this comic still isn't out. To give some perspective. Square Enix have remastered Final Fantasy 12 in that time. We might actually get FF7 remake and... oh boy if you can believe this one. Shenmue 3 might actually come out before the first issue of a comic book does. 

Avengers 2 was made for goodness sake!

So why is anyone still giving him any attention when all he does lately is post ever more vile and questionable tweets? 

Unless he actually creates and produces some content instead of 'It's coming just wait' why is anyone still giving him any notice?

• Thumbs Up 3

May I suggest "Penders' Twitter Diarrhoea" as a topic name? Maybe "Comic Constipation" as it's going to be a long time before it comes out. 

Am I right? 

In case there's any confusion, Hogfather is not threatening the thread with closure. He has nothing to do with regards to that sort of thing. He's just asking why anyone still cares whenever Pen says something dumb.

I don't really care if people keep this thread up to date with discussion on whatever he considers "canon" to Archie Sonic when he worked on it, because it ends up being at least somewhat relevant to Lara-Su Chronicles, which he has touted as a continuation of the old continuity. Stuff like "Mobians sometimes eat their babies" may well come up in LSC (and it'll probably be as disastrous as I imagine given how much he pushes the "PG13" angle). I don't really keep close tabs on this thread anymore besides making sure stuff is "above the belt," so to speak, and discussion is focusing on his work and actions related to Archie Sonic and LSC, not his personal life. Whatever else he says that's not progress related at this point just gets an eye-roll from me because I've grown indifferent and I'm hardly surprised anymore.

5 hours ago, BlueSky said:

^Having seen some fans getting "ideas" on the Internet before, I wouldn't be that surprised if someone actually would take this a bit too seriously... :unsure:

From what I know of fan art, I'm pretty sure we're well past that point already, canon be damned.

3 hours ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

That is, unless his heir takes up the mantle like with Charlie Brown.............

Why would he? I thought he likes (or at least liked) Sonic?

As for the thread, I'll freely admit the thrill is gone. It brought me here so I could follow along with the insanity, and I've happily discovered various other pages and blogs and people through our shared disdain for the man, but at this point, anything he says merits the rough equivalent of Jim Sterling's "Oh, Ubisoft!" stingers.

Unless the man actually produces something of some perceived worth (however small it ends up being, and I don't say that as spite, but I mean I literally don't see there being much market value to it in the end -- where are we on phone case sold, by the way?), I'm fine with closing the window and keeping the sun out and letting him hopefully wither away without the attention that's been sustaining him. I know this thread is only one piece of that, but hey, gotta start somewhere, right?

• Thumbs Up 1