Awoo.

Nintendo Direct (Wii U/3DS Spring Titles) - February 13 [11PM CET/2PM PT]

Carbo

Why do people keep speculating a DK reveal at the Nintendo Direct? Is Tropical Freeze releasing this month or something?

Why do people keep speculating a DK reveal at the Nintendo Direct? Is Tropical Freeze releasing this month or something?

Tropical Freeze is being released next week in the west. More importantly, it's being released in Japan tomorrow, the same date of the Direct.

• Thumbs Up 1

I expect there will be official reveals for whatever was revealed in the new issue of ONM UK out today. ONM has an exclusive preview of Mario Kart 8 with exclusive new screenshots, as well as the first review of Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. 

image_63354.jpg

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/57003/onm-105-out-now-huge-mario-kart-8-celebration-feature/

Ah so hyrule warriors was what they were teasing about

NOW we have a new Nintendo Direct coming out. Great. Looking forward to seeing what they talk about.

For people saying that Diddy will be announced tomorrow, what are you getting on about? They always show off NEW characters in Nintendo Directs. Sonic is the only returning character to have a video, but I don't think he appeared in the Nintendo Direct, either. So if this is anything to do with Tropical Freeze, we'll see a NEW DK character shown off tomorrow, probably Dixie Kong. Personally I'd prefer K. Rool, though (Dixie is my favorite DK character, mind, so if Dixie does get in I'd be happy).

Although honestly, I'd rather them announce a character like Isaac. tongue.png

Speaking of which, I'd like to see more info on Hyrule Warriors, too.

Issac would be awesome, so would K.Rool, also appereantly ONM got Hyrule warriors news, so some in the direct is possible

Likely contenders:

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze - Launch Trailer/minor acknowledgment

Mario Kart 8 - Release Date

Super Smash Bros. 4 - Newcomer or Veteran announcement (signs point to being Donkey Kong related)

Lost World DLC

Bayonetta 2

"Year of Yoshi" Announcement

Yoshi's New Island

Yarn Yoshi. Maybe.

New Wii U SKU

New Indie Showreel

Virtual Console Update - DS games for Wii U

Mario Golf World Tour - Release Date

Update for Wii U and/or 3DS

Most likely a new game announcement coming off of the recent fiscal meeting.

UPDATE: Soraya retweeted the Direct news. She hasn't done this since last E3. Expect X to be a making an appearance.

Ya X appearance would be awesome,, like an actual title

Precisely that. Smash reveals so far have tied into related game releases fairly regularly.

Oh you guys, the Direct is now in japan as well

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/222281-nintendo-direct-with-wii-u-3ds-focus-set-for-tomorrow-now-including-japan

任天堂株式会社@NintendoFollow

[岩田]おはようございます、任天堂の岩田です。明日2月14日午前7時より「Nintendo Direct 2014.2.14」を録画放送します。今回は今年春までに発売されるソフトを中心にお届けします。#NintendoDirectJP http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct/20140214/index.html

This is going to be HUGE

It releases tomorrow in Japan, and next Friday in North America and Europe.

With how little we were shown between June and December I don't see a Smash newcomer being revealed in this Direct. But then we're now into 2014 and Smash is releasing later this year so maybe they're going to be revealing newcomers more consistently over the next few months

Sakurai generally reveals Smash characters to coincide with their Japanese game release, so Diddy will probably be revealed tomorrow.

EDIT: And yeah I can see Smash hype going faster nearer release rather than slowing down like Brawl's did.

Yeah, sounds like we'll see Diddy and Dixie appear probably. I can't imagine them not showing off a new character tomorrow, and there's no way they'd show a new DK character without first showing Diddy. If they announce JUST Diddy in a Nintendo Direct trailer, it'd be a huge disappointment.

"Kirby sucks, but his game doesn't!" Hahaha, overused joke!

Also I like how everyone forgotten about that Palutena in Smash 4 leak.

That would be ironic if she was revealed tomorrow.... on the other hand we are getting a GLOBAL direct for the first time in a while, this is going to be something big... could be  K.rool, or a game release announcement perhaps

Yeah, sounds like we'll see Diddy and Dixie appear probably. I can't imagine them not showing off a new character tomorrow, and there's no way they'd show a new DK character without first showing Diddy. If they announce JUST Diddy in a Nintendo Direct trailer, it'd be a huge disappointment.

I dunno, I can definitely imagine Diddy being revealed tomorrow on Miiverse as par for the course with Direct having no reference to Smash at all.

Best to temper your expectations, I personally don't think we'll get a new Smasher tomorrow and see little reason to believe we will (esp as Sakurai hasn't told us to watch it)

As for Palutena, I haven't forgotten, but again see no reason to believe we'll get a Vet AND Newcomer reveal tomorrow. Diddy is enough for one day.

Also I like how everyone forgotten about that Palutena in Smash 4 leak.

No one has forgotten, it's just there's more context for a DK character reveal.

Or we get both her and Dixie because of Valentines day.

I dunno, I can definitely imagine Diddy being revealed tomorrow on Miiverse as par for the course with Direct having no reference to Smash at all.

Best to temper your expectations, I personally don't think we'll get a new Smasher tomorrow and see little reason to believe we will (esp as Sakurai hasn't told us to watch it)

As for Palutena, I haven't forgotten, but again see no reason to believe we'll get a Vet AND Newcomer reveal tomorrow. Diddy is enough for one day.

well A) Sakurai enjoys messing with us B) the direct doesnt come out till late tomorrow, how do we know that he wont reveal diddy tomorrow morning, but then tell us to watch the direct which reveals a new character, and that characters reveal video is connected to/includes Diddy

well A) Sakurai enjoys messing with us cool.png the direct doesnt come out till late tomorrow, how do we know that he wont reveal diddy tomorrow morning, but then tell us to watch the direct which reveals a new character, and that characters reveal video is connected to/includes Diddy

If Sakurai reveals Diddy tomorrow morning along with a "watch ND" message then yeah I'd say we're getting a Newcomer too.

But for now my guess is we're just getting Diddy.

I wonder if they might announce a Sonic Boom skin or assist trophy.

I doubt we are going to get a Sonic Boom skin since Sonic Boom is only exclusive for the west.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hopefully there is at least a bit of Smash bros footage, I don't mind if it shows no new challenger / veteran.  But at least some gameplay footage of what they have already. Maybe throw a Final smash in the mix. 

I'm pretty sure we will get to see Sonic Boom too, even if it's a recap of the trailer. They gotta talk about it, it's the 3rd exclusive title after all, but I might be wrong.

My personal best-case scenario is a K. Rool reveal, but K. Rool would probably be better off as an unlockable for some post-release hype. It's not like there's anything stopping both K. Rool and Dixie getting in anyhow.

Don't expect anything Boom related in Smash, not only is it a non-Japanese game (which isn't a big problem here) but it's probable that Sakurai only found out about Boom recently, let alone in 2012 when Smash4 entered development. NDA on Boom has been seemingly very tight and has had minimal Japanese involvement, so I'd be very surprised if Sakurai of all people was informed of it way back in 2012 to allow for Smash implementation.

I mean anything's possible, I just don't think it's wise to expect it.

While playable characters are decided long in advance I don't think there's anything stopping them from adding any other content like stages or trophies, since they don't require near as much planning and effort as a fully playable character

I usually don't guess what newcomers may appear on Smash Brothers and/or featured on Nintendo Directs since they could throw any unexpected character. I'm not really speculative about it, I simply wait and see: makes the surprise have an impact.

Also, what Carbo posted seems good stuff to possibly be featured tomorrow (plus Soraya Saga's RT of the Nintendo Direct might hint something about Monolith's X), but as usual I'll remain cautiously optimistic. Don't want to get my hopes way too high and then end up disappointed; this also goes for my mention on Kirby Triple Deluxe's release date.