Awoo.

Nintendo Direct (Wii U/3DS Spring Titles) - February 13 [11PM CET/2PM PT]

Carbo

Outside Diddy/Dixie, ain't expecting a single thing from this direct that we wouldn't already know.

I would say that their is a chance that their is a chance we could get the surprise of K.Rool when it comes to DK announcements

I don't know if this means much, but Brian Davis, a gameplay programmer at Next Level Games (Mario Strikers, Punch-Out Wii, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon) just tweeted about the Nintendo Direct.

https://twitter.com/GameplayDev

I wonder if a new game by them will be announced...

Since LM2 came out last year, and they ought to be well into their next development period, perhaps a new Wii-u gam from them shall be announced? and perhaps even higher up the IP totem pole, though they are already pretty high up

Great, a live streaming I can actually watch for once! Definitely looking forward to what's to come. Really hoping for some more Smash Bros info or maybe a bit more on Sonic Boom.

• Thumbs Up 2

11 PM GMT+1. Yeah...I'll watch it on my 3DS before going to bed. I've got other things to do tomorrow evening. Still...I hope for something Smash-related. That's the only thing I care for.

Bayonetta 2 seems likely to have an announcement here. Then after that a Bayonetta 1 port and then talk about how Kamiya directed the first Bayonetta and Wonderfull 101 and how Nintendo thinks they're so great, then they reveal he's working on Star Fox Universe

I don't know if this means much, but Brian Davis, a gameplay programmer at Next Level Games (Mario Strikers, Punch-Out Wii, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon) just tweeted about the Nintendo Direct.

https://twitter.com/GameplayDev

I wonder if a new game by them will be announced...

Seems a bit early for an announcement from them. It's barely been a year. But who knows. I'd love to know what they're up to.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually, their secret project has been in development since October 2012.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/03/next_level_games_has_a_top_secret_title_in_development

Ok definately something big, and proably not Strikers or Punch out, no offense, but I think Nintendo wants a heavy hitter so its likely something good sized(if its for wii-u mind you).... perhaps an Ice Climbers revival? now that would be cool

Finally, a time that's not super early for me

What time do they normally fall for you? This one is exceptionally late. For the UK it's 10pm, and for much of the rest of Europe it's even later. They normally fall around 11am to 3pm here IIRC.

Actually, their secret project has been in development since October 2012.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/03/next_level_games_has_a_top_secret_title_in_development

Oooooh, I didn't know that. Well then we might get to see it.

I hope they get to revive another old franchise. < despite it sounding like it, that is not sarcasm.

What time do they normally fall for you? This one is exceptionally late. For the UK it's 10pm, and for much of the rest of Europe it's even later. They normally fall around 11am to 3pm here IIRC.

it'll be 3PM here in AZ, which means that its in the afternoon here, they normaly fall about mid morning, proably means they are aiming this at the US audience as well... or that they have someone from the US continent showing up on it perhaps

Kinda glad it's later, it almost always happens when I'm at work.  While (assuming it's not busy) I see everything on tumblr and stuff, I prefer to be able to watch it live and uninterrupted of course (though I'll be avoiding any more Mario Kart trailers I've decided).

I expect there will be official reveals for whatever was revealed in the new issue of ONM UK out today. ONM has an exclusive preview of Mario Kart 8 with exclusive new screenshots, as well as the first review of Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. 

image_63354.jpg

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/57003/onm-105-out-now-huge-mario-kart-8-celebration-feature/

Yesssss, finally!

Surprised they're doing it quite late this time around but it's good for me cos I'll be back from Uni by then. ^^ I really hope they announce some good stuff besides the usual Spring releases. Where's my Yarn Yoshi, X, Bayonetta 2 and SMTXFE info dangit!

The time is really annoying for me, since I'll be at work from 8pm to 8am, and I won't have a break until gone midnight. And without WiFi and an unwillingness to use up my 3G data allowance, I'll have to wait until the morning until I can watch it.

Life is so hard these days...

It'd be really cool if they show whatever Shu Takumi is working on.

I expect there will be official reveals for whatever was revealed in the new issue of ONM UK out today. ONM has an exclusive preview of Mario Kart 8 with exclusive new screenshots, as well as the first review of Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. 

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/57003/onm-105-out-now-huge-mario-kart-8-celebration-feature/

But Game Informer already reviewed the game :0

The time is really annoying for me, since I'll be at work from 8pm to 8am, and I won't have a break until gone midnight. And without WiFi and an unwillingness to use up my 3G data allowance, I'll have to wait until the morning until I can watch it.

Life is so hard these days...

That sucks. I've fallen lucky this time around, as I've got tomorrow off, unlike last time where it was on at 3pm and I was working something like 2pm-10pm.

But Game Informer already reviewed the game :0

Didn't know about that, as I haven't been in the thread for ages. Maybe they mean the first UK review.

NOW we have a new Nintendo Direct coming out. Great. Looking forward to seeing what they talk about.

For people saying that Diddy will be announced tomorrow, what are you getting on about? They always show off NEW characters in Nintendo Directs. Sonic is the only returning character to have a video, but I don't think he appeared in the Nintendo Direct, either. So if this is anything to do with Tropical Freeze, we'll see a NEW DK character shown off tomorrow, probably Dixie Kong. Personally I'd prefer K. Rool, though (Dixie is my favorite DK character, mind, so if Dixie does get in I'd be happy).

Although honestly, I'd rather them announce a character like Isaac. :P

Speaking of which, I'd like to see more info on Hyrule Warriors, too.

That sucks. I've fallen lucky this time around, as I've got tomorrow off, unlike last time where it was on at 3pm and I was working something like 2pm-10pm.

Lol, annoying but hardly the end of the world. You never know, cause half the time these Nintendo Directs are rubbish and not worth watching outside of a lone two-minute segment that's of interest to you specifically. The hard will be avoiding looking up the info and instead just waiting til I'm home before I watch it. Might sneak home on my break.

NOW we have a new Nintendo Direct coming out. Great. Looking forward to seeing what they talk about.

For people saying that Diddy will be announced tomorrow, what are you getting on about? They always show off NEW characters in Nintendo Directs. Sonic is the only returning character to have a video, but I don't think he appeared in the Nintendo Direct, either. So if this is anything to do with Tropical Freeze, we'll see a NEW DK character shown off tomorrow, probably Dixie Kong. Personally I'd prefer K. Rool, though (Dixie is my favorite DK character, mind, so if Dixie does get in I'd be happy).

Although honestly, I'd rather them announce a character like Isaac. tongue.png

Speaking of which, I'd like to see more info on Hyrule Warriors, too.

Luigi was also revealed in a Direct

I'm expecting an unrelated Diddy reveal for Smash tomorrow, but for this NDirect I reckon it's gonna be mostly "fucking nothing". Just stuff we already know.

If we're lucky, there will be some juicy VC details.. maybe GBA or DS games finally. Idfk.

• Thumbs Up 1

Lol, annoying but hardly the end of the world. You never know, cause half the time these Nintendo Directs are rubbish and not worth watching outside of a lone two-minute segment that's of interest to you specifically. The hard will be avoiding looking up the info and instead just waiting til I'm home before I watch it. Might sneak home on my break.

Oh yeah, I didn't mean to sound so serious about missing it :lol: It is annoying when I want to watch the video with a clear mind when I get home, though, because there's near enough no way of getting to the video without finding the news out beforehand. It's also annoying when there's some good news and you want to shout out all happy in the statuses, only to have people say "Late".  

• Thumbs Up 2

When this airs, it'll be Valentine's Day in Japan, right? Iwata's going to confess his feelings to Reggie, isn't he? I expect Shibata's going to promote Wii Karaoke U by singing more love songs, too. D:

• Thumbs Up 9