Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

warning Sonamy fangirling on! :lol:

awww! Amy has a cute little flower on her ear! eheh

you know.. i think its adorable how at this universe Amy keeps in secret her crush on Sonic..

Sonamy fangirling off

something i notice in Sonic picture... its that little fold at one of the corner.. at the third screenshot its at the wrong side

NGLS!! (knuckles)  looks so cute! :D

yeah.. i'm really looking foward to this heart.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

You're right! I took a look and it's definately on the wrong side!

You can sit and wait, it is episode 32. :(

You can sit and wait, it is episode 32. :(

akari_akazaki__smirk_and_cries___v1__by_  ohh nuuu... aalksdmañsld!  why they do this to us?

well..

this Saturday we'll be at episode 25, so...  7 episodes to go then!!...waaa!! seven weeks to go~

gotta be patient...

wow Amy's feet look a little tinier than Sonic's *o*

Episode 32? ARE YA KIDDING ME?! Oh well then. 

And then they kissed and had cute mutated baby hedgehogs. The Beginning.

Being serious now, but Sonic and amy look cute in this one.

fa74d8a3bebb7087cbde6112f6f2ea1c.jpg

I'm going to be honest here, I have very little optimism for this episode. The boys vs. girl plot is one of the most cliche and idiotic plots that's constantly recycled through all media, and not just cartoons. They're predictable as hell, and idiotic to boot.

^Same here. My only worry is both the boys and girls degrading into complete jerks towards each other throughout the competition, which is probably what makes the cliché so eye-roll-inducing to many including myself.

But if it's at least decent, then cool. If it isn't, well, I'll just put in under the "weak/could've been better" list.

I'm going to be honest here, I have very little optimism for this episode. The boys vs. girl plot is one of the most cliche and idiotic plots that's constantly recycled through all media, and not just cartoons. They're predictable as hell, and idiotic to boot.

Let's face it, Sonic Boom is this generation's Johnny Test. But in all seriousness, Eggman will show up, suddenly, and he forces the two teams to unite, and it leads to the thing to be null and void.

Update: Okay, so Sticks had the missile marked "Return to Sender," and it blew up Eggman's base. The girls DID win, though.

Oh man, this week's episode had me laughing the most out of any episode. For a cliche'd plotline, I thought this episode had a better turn of events. Most boys vs girls episodes in shows are just repetitive scenes of the girls beating the guys in a series of events. In this episode, they had it where each team was racing on a big adventure through a jungle. I found it funny how when Sticks was training Amy, how Amy kept making her preparations pretty, like her knot and pile of leaves for making a fire. I especially laughed when she accidentally made a fire, while grounding the tent. The part with the moose with the screaming goat sound effect was hilarious, the part where Sonic set his feet on fire was also funny. The part where Amy and Sticks keep leaving clues for the boys to help them out, only for them to foolishly mess up their chances was kind of funny. The ending was great, funniest ending to a Sonic episode ever. I can definitely say the girls deserved to win in the end, they worked the hardest. I liked how for once, Eggman didn't interrupt an episode, the way he was used at the end instead was hilarious. " I know that sound.... Uh Oh..." This was the most entertaining episode I've seen since The Meteor.

Update: Okay, so Sticks had the missile marked "Return to Sender," and it blew up Eggman's base. The girls DID win, though.

At least the girls weren't annoying and gloaty. Amy even called off the bet midway through the episode, when she saw how Sonic and Knuckles were struggling, and needed help. Even after Sonic and Knuckles left them in Eggman's missile silo, until they finished the race (not as evil as it sounds out of context.) Amy and Sticks were still treating their victory maturely. They didn't rub it into Sonic and Knuckles. Sonic and Knuckles were sore losers, yet Amy and Sticks still offered to lead them home, with no teasing. That's what helped make this boys vs girl episode more enjoyable. The girls usually win, and act all annoying and trash talk about it, but this episode had Amy and Sticks being better sports. They weren't saying "In your face", or sticking their tongues out. They were just competing, yet trying to be helpful. If anything, it was Sonic and Knuckles who were the rude ones in this episode, but at least the ending implied Sonic and Knuckles realize the girls are better at survival. Sonic even asks the girls to lead him and Knuckles home. If Sonic was really in denial for their survival, he wouldn't have bothered asking them.

I just realized this was like the first episode to barely include Tails in it. He even had more screen time in last week's episode. It's kind of nice to see that not all episodes will have the same characters. This was definitely the shortest screentime for Eggman, which also helped make the plot seem less repetitive for Sonic Booms' sake. I liked how they kept Tails out of the race though, because 2 against 3 wouldn't have seemed very fair. Some might question why Tails didn't judge the race entirely by flying, but it kind of makes sense. The gang were in a jungle, there are too many trees to block a proper view of both teams, for Tails to judge in the air. Tails would also likely get lost if he tried flying in between both teams. So it kind of makes sense for why they left Tails out of most of the plot, no big deal though, he's had enough episodes so far.

I thought they did a good job with this one though. The Sonic Boom writers really know how to take an overdone plot, but give it it's own charm. The episode wasn't mean spirited either, especially with the girls. The girls are usually the mean spirited/annoying ones in these episodes. Even when the girls won in this episode, they weren't gloating, and they didn't punish the guys for losing. Amy actually called the bet off earlier in the episode. The writers could have had Amy and Sticks leave Knuckles and Sonic lost in the forest, but they had the girls guide the guys home, which was a nice ending. They didn't tease them about it either.

Another reason why this episode really worked, was because it really wasn't the typical boys vs girls plot. The episode didn't start out with a feud over boys are better than girls. It started out in a more original way. Amy was planning on picking decorative berries, and Sticks felt concerned for Amy's safety, and volunteered to help Amy learn survival skills. Sonic's cockiness and ego caused him to think he would be more suitable to keep Amy safe. That's what made the episode interesting, Sonic didn't object Sticks, because he thought boys were better than girls. He didn't even acknowledge Sticks for being a girl. Sonic was looking out for Amy, which is what started the whole bet. It's not like Sonic said, "ha! I'll bet I could pick those berries before you two could even get there! Because you two are girls, and boys are better than girls." It was very refreshing to see an overused plot, in a more original way. Sonic is the type of guy who thinks speed is the answer to everything, which made him feel like racing through a jungle would be easy, but little should he have known, that exploring the wilderness isn't about speed, it's about survival skills, navigating, and using your wits. Sonic and Knuckles treated the whole thing like a race to the finish, without bothering to look into what they were getting themselves into.

Sonic and Knuckles treated the whole thing like a race to the finish, without bothering to look into what they were getting themselves into. 

Sonic Potter, "the hedgehog who lived" :lol: :lol: :lol:  I loved this episode, he was the better! Memorable :D

Edit: He said that he's a survivor. Get it?

One big plothole in the episode I think.

Sonic shows he can easily run to the location and back in a matter of seconds, until Amy and Sticks tells them they have to both get there...Alright, then why doesn't Sonic just grab Knuckles and run them both there?

Then again, I guess Sonic's just too good a guy to cheat when Tails said not to, although, it was kind of a bullshit move for Sticks to force Sonic to train Knuckles while she took Amy, who's probably the second smartest member of Sonic's team.

One big plothole in the episode I think.

Sonic shows he can easily run to the location and back in a matter of seconds, until Amy and Sticks tells them they have to both get there...Alright, then why doesn't Sonic just grab Knuckles and run them both there?

Then again, I guess Sonic's just too good a guy to cheat when Tails said not to, although, it was kind of a bullshit move for Sticks to force Sonic to train Knuckles while she took Amy, who's probably the second smartest member of Sonic's team.

This week on Sonic Boom: It’s girls versus guys in a test of survival skills and speed! Who are you rooting for?

I really didn't like that episode. I know a lot of people here are saying it didn't fit the usual cliche but I just did not like the episode and it's the exact cliche that makes me dislike it.

First off, the episode completely flip flops between Sonic's personalities. One minute, he's his usual snarky and sarcastic self only to then act as stupid as Knuckles another moment. It's jarring and it makes it look so try hard to show that Sonic is shit at survival.

Secondly, I honestly don't know where you guys are getting the idea that this episode doesn't follow the cliche because it really does to a tee. The boys are shown as egotistical idiots while the girls are shown as smart and competent. That's what happens in every single one of these episodes. Then the girls are shown as the morally upright winners while the boys resort to cheating in order to win. I'm sorry but this episode just falls straight into the normal pitfalls with these types of episodes. 

Thirdly, It doesn't give us any sort of explanation of why Sonic doesn't use his speed. You could make the argument that he doesn't want to cheat when Tails told him not to, except he saw Amy and Sticks ride a fucking missile all the way to the finish line. I think that would count as ''cheating''. Also giving Sticks the ability to rewire missiles and just writing it off as Sticks being paranoid but still able to do it anyway just felt lazy.

The only redeeming factors of the episode is the fact Amy and Sticks attempts to help Sonic and Knuckles after a little bit of time and the jokes are good. Other than that, it's the same generic premise that always falls into the trap of the boys being egotistical dumbasses while the girls have sharp wits and are perfect. 

• Thumbs Up 5

This episode was pretty high on the giggle-o-meter, but it was kind of an odd episode overall. How did Sonic get lost, when he'd already zipped there and back again earlier in the episode? XD I see Tails didn't bother waiting for them at the finish line, since they'd excluded him from the challenge ;) Nice to see someone else dying for a change, RIP Eggman :P

Eh, I can agree that today's episode was a bit on the meh side. The whole "battle of the sexes" thing and its outcome was pretty predictable and I don't really care for the character personality switch-ups to facilitate the episode.

However, I do like that Eggman only showed up in the end this time around, though. I like the good doctor as much as the next guy, but I still feel that he doesn't need to show up in EVERY episode.

Same track as everyone else. Battle of the Sexes, girls ALWAYS win, boys randomly turn into chauvinistic dumbasses, same old same old. It wasn't awful or infuriating, but it wasn't that great. I will admit I liked seeing Sticks actually doing non-conspiracy crap, being the voice of competence of the episode and having her wilderness shtick spotlighted and come to use. We could use more episodes like this. It was cute seeing Amy's prissiness contrast that too, in a way that wasn't just a curmudgeonly straight man.

I'm going to admit I'm starting to feel sorry for Knuckles though. Yeah, Sonic was an idiot in this episode but he like every other character is allowed to switch around depending on the episode (it was practically reversed around in the Buddy Temple episode, where Amy, Sticks and the others were too moronic and stubborn to help him themselves) and Amy and Sticks (and on other occasions Tails) shown their ability to improve or have their quirks come in handy when they get underestimated. People treat Knuckles like an idiotic straw loser and....turns out they're always right. Every damn time. Even the comics pointed it out first arc. Every character has been getting at least some small chance to branch out of a one note role, why not him? Even in terms of being dumb muscle he rarely gets to do much significant.

Just a thought but this technically breaks the SEGA mandate. Sonic LOST and was a pretty sore loser at that.

• Thumbs Up 1

But it wasn't Eggman he lost to. It was just a harmless bet. And mandates generally pertain to the Archie comics, not Boom itself.

But yeah, count me as another "it was weak" bandwagon member. It had some funny moments sure, and it was neat to see Sticks actually act more competent/less crazy since this was something she knew very well about, but that kind of adds to the problem. Whenever she does get to say or do something important or is shown to be in the right, it always comes with one or more of the crew acting just flat-out clueless. I mentioned before how I hoped this episode wouldn't portray both parties as colossal jerks to each other during the competition, and while that was subverted with Amy and Sticks being nice to the losing party, the episode still suffers from another irksome cliché attached to these sorts of plots by having the one gender (mostly male) look like massive dimwits just so the other gender can look good and for an obvious lesson that had to be learned.

*Sigh* So, I take it next episode is Eggman Unplugged where Eggman swears off using technology while still trying to defeat Sonic? Cause that sounds far more promising and hilarious after this disappointment of a set-up.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not only that, but Sonic tried to cheat, which I thought was pretty out of character. This wasn't as painful as I thought, but boy was it boring. I feel like that's going to be the thing about this show that's eventually going to kill it. It's not offensive, just dull.

I liked that Sonic's dislike of losing is shown but I don't find it very characteristic of him to cheat. I thought he had a sense of fair play and sportsmanship. And he did feel a tad too stupid in this episode.

• Thumbs Up 2

This wasn't an insufferably dull episode (as said I liked Sticks character development) but it wasn't spectacular. Even Sonic's attitude I'm not TOO bothered by so long as it's not in every episode and he keeps getting moments it's reversed (so far Amy has not become his permanent Sally at least). Having him a sore loser does feel a bit characteristic, it's almost like those odd times Bugs Bunny lost. A winner facing losing and lack of control. Having him cheat was maybe overboard, but it was at least in a rather childish small time way. He wasn't getting overly spiteful.

Knuckles was the only bit that was rather irritating because they've already dug it into the ground long before. Yeah, we get it, he can't do anything right. It also seemed a bit hypocritical to the message the episode was trying to make. Sonic is wrong to undermine the girls but they are fine demeaning Knuckles to make their case. I'd just like at least one time he proves them he can do something clever.

This may be my least favorite episode. They had a good opportunity for good character writing and they screwed it up. They should have made it about Sonic's ego vs. Stick's natural survival instincts instead of boys vs. girls. Let Sticks be handicapped by Amy's incessant need to decorate while Sonic's handicapped by Knuckles natural stupidness. Not turn Sonic into just as big an idiot as Knuckles just to have some "Girls rule!" cliche storyline.

Not to mention a few plotholes. How does Sonic originally zoom over and grab the berries and zoom back only to get lost later. And why does Sonic not just grab Knuckles and zoom to the finish line when he sees Amy and Sticks riding a flippin' missile?! It's not cheating if he's using his own God-given abilities.

The only plus side is that it really shows Sticks as being a valuable member of the team instead of a fifth wheel like most episodes. Also, We don't get to see enough of Amy and Sticks together and seeing their opposite approaches to survival was fun. 

Other than that, "worst.....episode....ever!". Yes, I think it's worse than Buster. At least the beginning of that episode was funny.

• Thumbs Up 7

Oh boy, finding my way out of this forest is gonna take a while in the meantime, why not do a Boom episode review to kill some time before something kills me.

I'll be honest, this episode wasn't really that great but it was fairly enjoyable. When I heard that it was gonna to be the "Boys vs Girls" episode, I wasn't sure if they were going to pull it off well especially when it's a another newcomer of the Boom writing crew outside of Denton/Hahn or Polsky.

And sadly, it didn't do the trope too well but atleast it wasn't poorly executed unlike some shows..... *coughs*toodlertitans*coughs*

I've gotta say this is the best I've seen with Sticks yet in the show, this episode definitely shows off her survival skills and her wacko talk isn't completely out of left field. Amy was pretty fine as well and she does her part pretty well as the newcoming survivor while still having that creative thinking aspect to her as well.

Though the biggest problem with this episode is how it portrays Sonic. Sonic may not be the greatest when it comes to surviving in the wild but atleast he has a good idea on what to do. Sonic throwing a hissyfit was pretty OOC but then he quickly gave in so no complaints there. Knux still has his moments and it helps that Travis does really deliver his lines very well, like if it wasn't for how he said his lines it wouldn't have worked as well.

And seeing Eggman getting his share of "screen death" is always fun as well so Tails isn't the only one now.

Overall a pretty enjoyable episode, Sticks gets her moments and though Sonic seems rather OoC in some parts he wasn't annoying so all's well.

Quick note on the plotholes, I'd assume that Sonic just took some berries from the market and shows off like that and I doubt Sonic can handle lifting Knuckles AND go fast. Heck, he can't even lift Eggman so what makes people think that Sonic would have a fighting chance of winning the race then.